[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
McFarlane at Toy Fair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12
File: TF 2016 Halo.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
TF 2016 Halo.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1277
Since no one has posted about them, i might as well.

Good news: McFarlane still has the Halo license.
Bad news: they're still using the inferior ball jointed hips.
>>
File: TF-2016-Halo-Figs.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
TF-2016-Halo-Figs.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1277
No clue who they are, but they're still nicely produced.
>>
File: TF-2016-McFarlane-Anime-002.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
TF-2016-McFarlane-Anime-002.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1277
Seems like McFarlane is back to producing McStatues.
Great sculpts, better than what we see even from expensive statues.
Disappointing, for lack of articulation
>>
File: TF-2016-McFarlane-Anime-007.jpg (363 KB, 1277x1920) Image search: [Google]
TF-2016-McFarlane-Anime-007.jpg
363 KB, 1277x1920
More disappointing but high quality McStatues.
>>
Looks like we're still going to get more Game of Throne sets
>>
And they're showing off new Walking Dead lego sets!

Here's hoping they have continued success with them, because they are making for really awesome buildable dioramas.
>>
>>5489900
>>5489903

Game of Thrones is DOA, they showed the dragon set way before at the same time as the throne room. They also showed other stuff that they are NOT showing any more, like the giants vs the ice wall display. The (very little) GoT stuff at retail has already clearanced out. This is what they get for a shit rollout, which is a shame, because I don't give a fuck about walking dead but would have loved some buildable fantasy sets. Only upside is that actually building the giant throne room they showed off will be possible because everywhere has the throne room set for like 60% off.
>>
>>5489890
the mcfarlane halo line is probably dead
everything is a recolor except Buck, probably never going to get vale and linda
>>
They're switching the Walking Dead TV figures to 7" scale. I knew there was a reason I hated McFarlane, but at least we'll get Church Lady Zombie's head sculpt in that stupid Big Head line they're rolling out.

They're also claiming the new Color Tops figures will average 15 PoA,
>>
>>5489898
I thought they were going to be articulated. With good articulation, and paint like that, it would've been good.

That said, I guess if they had been articulated, it would be some half-statue with a shitty 5 points of articulation. Pseudo-figures like that annoy me. Rather have either full figures or full statues.
>>
I'm really excited for McF's FNAF merch, myself. Those Legoish sets look good.
>>
Any news on Walking Dead Comic series 5?
>>
>>5489890
>>5489892
>>5490181
Those figures we already knew about. McFarlane has always given away what is the next waves before toyfair even comes about through online stores opening up preorders for them. These are coming out in I believe April and the orders started back in September

seems like mcfarlane announced pretty much nothing new really for the halo and GoT lines. this is sad to me.
>>
>>5489898
This is some gross shit.

Will be probably 100$ a pop.
>>
>>5490669
No, probably $20 or so. But so much wasted potential.
>>
>>5490323
Quote I found on another forum:
"In a separate area where no photos were allowed we got to see even more starting with the Comic Book Series 5. That will include the first comic-based Shane (comes with an alternate zombie head), Negan in prison uniform with bucket, Glenn with hat and axe, and Lydia with alternate filthy head."
>>
>>5490914
Continued:
"It appears as though all four figures may come with accessories of the Whisperers’ decorations: heads mounted on poles. ".
>>
>>5490669
>he doesn't know the glory of McStatues
They used to outclass some of the most expensive statues.

>>5490077
If they're showing it, it still means that they're going to continue producing them. It's likely that one retailer not carrying the line won't harm them, especially when you consider the line was only supported by TRU at first.

As for the Halo stuff, depending on when Mattel and McFarlane release their stuff, it'll show if they have the license or not. If they're both released in the same month or even quarter, it means Mcfarlane has the license still to produce them at their current scale.

I should also note that McFarlane did show off their stuff at SDCC first, at least with A Game of Thrones, so new announcements would likely come from there.

I need this
>>
>>5489894
>>5489898
>legitimate statues, not "action figures" that have worthless joints that look good in one pose but fall over all the time
nice. i don't care for the anime shown, but hopefully they get some good licenses eventually
>>
>>5489894
>Todd is STILL autistically pushing the McStatue despite 20+ years of sales data and feedback from the collector's market indicating articulation is far more desirable

RIP McFarlane Toys, it was nice knowing you.
>>
File: Toy-Fair-McFarlane-020.jpg (80 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Toy-Fair-McFarlane-020.jpg
80 KB, 1200x900
>>5491808
I dunno about that.

There are people who want that nice expensive statue they see in some glass case at a convention, but dont want ot spend hundreds of dollars for it. McFarlane surpassed a lot of actual statues in terms of detail and paint for many many of his McStatues

There's a sizeable group of people who want McStatues and they supported McFarlane for years and years for what he released.
Even i liked some of his stuff, but I would not buy unarticulated anime figures... or even Halo, Assassin's Creed, Game of thrones, or anything else in 3+" where action figures are a necessity.

BUT i could be wrong, considering this figure is also part of the Color Tops series like the anime figures and he has articulation.
Maybe McFarlane just did a 3d print of the model in a static pose for the show, but will be adding articulation later.
>>
>>5489903
>NECA passed on the Walking Dead license because "nobody buys regular humans in regular clothes"

And McFarlane's on what, series 9 of their figure line now?
>>
>>5492652
And last, at least at their current scale. I enjoy what NECA does, but even if they had taken up the license they wouldn't have run it nearly as long as McFarlane has. The zombies would have been better, though. Between "action features" and which zombies they chose to produce it's no surprise I only own the Riot Twins.
>>
>>5492652
you dont know if that was the reason they jump over the line
you are just quoting the reason why they didnt release the L4D humans on the first wave.
>>
>>5492738
Nah that has been Randy's mantra for a lot of stuff and not just l4d, you can look it up on twitter
>>
Anyone hoping that McFarlane will produce some Destiny figures as well?
Good production going to waste on the awful Halo 5 designs, only the ODST armor looks decent abd that's from 5+ years ago
>>
File: 1401492391265.png (451 KB, 533x677) Image search: [Google]
1401492391265.png
451 KB, 533x677
>>5489903
>Loot crate on display
why
>>
>>5493713
Normies like it.
>>
>>5489890
Is that a female spartan? She looks quite sexy. McFarlane doing good work
>>
>>5491405
Shit, is that one of the brick sets? I don't particularly care for Walking Dead, but something that detailed is right up my alley.
What's the scale?
>>
File: tower set gi joe.jpg (267 KB, 1600x1207) Image search: [Google]
tower set gi joe.jpg
267 KB, 1600x1207
>>5493812
The scale is for whatever their ~2" figures are in.

Since they are legos, you can it almost any scale with their sets just by adding more bricks.
The doors are probably the only bits that won't scaleup.

Here's a 4" GI Joe standing next to a dio someone built with the McFarlane Tower and Fence set.
The wall and fence really work, even though the fence is supposed to be like 15' tall for the 2" figures.

The tower itself could be scaled up pretty easily just by buying two or three more sets, or you can just make a alley from one.

I'm really surprised no one has done more dioramas using McFarlane's bricks.
I've actually bought a couple dozen sets, but haven't done any customs, because the prison is fun to build up. I'll eventually take it apart and see what i can build with them.... I still haven't gotten into my RVs (got 3 on clearance) or truck though. The RV could be easily made into a trailer home
>>
>>5493762
Yeah, it is essentially a reprint of Kelly from the first wave iirc. It's the Hermes armor specifically. Only new armor mold in that set is the blue hell jumper and buck which share the same mold. my opinion is that McFarlane is trying to play things extremely safe with the liscence after it became obvious the popularity was no where what it was during the 3 and reach period. Microsoft of course wants to have as much product out there as possible so the brand name is burned into everyone minds so they have Mattel take over since mattels previous halo products actually are doing ok and can be sold in far more locations then the more collector focused McFarlane
>>
>>5489894
>>5489898
>>5490209
>>5492268
In an interview with TNI McFarlane statted that the spawn figures they had on display at the show, which also are part of the color tops line like the anime ones, that it was not finalized and there will be articulation added. However he said he would like around 9-12 points without ruining the sculpt too much.

So that said, while he did not address the anime stuff specifically, I am sure since they are in the same overall color tops line, that they also will get articulation.
>>
File: Conan King.jpg (122 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
Conan King.jpg
122 KB, 1080x810
>>5495237
well that's a relief.

Shame t's only 9-12... but that's enough for me to give in if the paint jobs are as glorious as they used to be.
>>
>>5489890
THIN YOUR PAINTS
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.