[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else experiencing loose joints on the legs/thighs of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 712x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 712x509
Is anyone else experiencing loose joints on the legs/thighs of the S.H.Figuarts Clonetroopers?
>>
Nope, you're the only one. Good to see you've gotten over your panic attacks, though.
>>
>>5426054
How's the articulation in this figure?
>>
>>5426462
Pretty poor.
The arms don't bend all the way due to the upper arm armor.
The hip and crotch armor also limits articulation somewhat.

Quite a disappointing figure personally.
>>
>>5426467
Thanks. I watched a review that pretty much said the same but I honestly could not believe it. It's no better than the BS one then, but at least the BS costs about half the figuarts.

I wonder if they'll venture into other clone variants. Would like to see them take a stab at Arc Troopers--if they do, I hope they retool the articulation
>>
>>5426467
>>5426481
You can actually pull the hip down slightly on the thigh swivel. It's only a small adjustment but it opens the range of the legs up quite significantly.

Yes, the elbows are limited by the armour - this is actually accurate to the source material, it was a point of the design that the Kaminoans didn't fully understand human ergonomics - but in most other regards it's a much better figure than the Black Series version. The shoulders are far better articulated, as are the wrists, torso, neck, etc. The sculpt, accessories and paint finish (all the white sections are painted an eggshell white, again accurate to the film design) are vastly superior.

I didn't actually expect to enjoy them as much as I did, I'll definitely pick up at least one officer when they're released.
>>
File: ct.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2667) Image search: [Google]
ct.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2667
>>5426514
The pulldown thigh only slightly helped in my case. I would have preferred more in the arms. It seems a somewhat simple fix though, might just have to find out what the best method would be.

Looks and sculpt though, I agree. Probably one of the strongest by Bandai and look great in varied light.
>>
File: IMG_3962.jpg (1 MB, 2487x2072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3962.jpg
1 MB, 2487x2072
>>5426575
They're not quite as much fun as the First Order Troopers, but they do look fantastic. Also better feet, they're much more stable.
>>
File: 2016-01-11 20.35.31.jpg (463 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11 20.35.31.jpg
463 KB, 1024x576
>>5426575
I didn't like how the shoulder pads looked normally and never have, so I flipped mine.

Phase 2 when.
>>
>>5426481
it has a gorgeous paintjob with fluid accurate movement, though limited, with a much better sculpt. So, no, it is MUCH better than the black series.
>>
>>5426656
I hate seeing your name pop up. It's time to filter
>>
>>5426931
Yeah agreed, but the figuarts is going for 50ish bucks, and the black series is going for around 18.
That amount of increase in cost isn't that worth it for the figuarts only being a bit better. The figuarts FO trooper is definitely worth it's price in comparison to the black series FO, but I wouldn't say it's the same for the Clone
>>
>>5426656

Hey, bit off-topic, but are you having trouble with your nendo and how the peg doesn't go into the back? It goes in the hole but it doesn't hold whatsoever/
>>
>>5426997
you can't use a going for price, the retail for it is $40, and I personally bought it for $32, and the extra $14 is definitely worth it.
>>
>>5427088
I keep regretting not picking up a couple of OT Troopers when I see pics like this, they're not THAT bad. Certainly better than anything else that's not 1/6 and $200+.

Vader on the other hand is pure trash. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>5427120
>Certainly better than anything else that's not 1/6 and $200+.

The Black Series OT Troopers are great. Much better helmets too.

Only Black series I've bought that I actually liked enough not to give away to someone else.
>>
>>5427130
The Black Series Stormtroopers are a bit thin, the armor is like skintight lmao

The Figuarts has better paint apps and sculpted detail all around regardless of what you think of the helmet shape and the other inaccuracies

Figuarts is a better toy even if it's not the stormtrooper you were looking for

/thread
>>
>>5427138
>sculpted detail all around
Not hard when you leave out a lot of the basic details on a Stormtroopers armor.
>>
>>5427033
I had more trouble with the frame itself being too loose, so I put some toilet paper between the joints to add a bit of friction which pretty much fixed the problem

>>5426985
>He hasn't already filtered me
>>
>>5427143

Ah, thanks for tip. I'll see if it'll work for the back arms joint
>>
>>5427138
Kill yourself.
>>
>>5426575
Can someone show a comparison to one side that is pulled down and one that isn't?
>>
>>5427138
The model kit is the best stormtrooper by far
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.