[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever find yourself reluctant to buy a toy even though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: chichi.jpg (32 KB, 493x391) Image search: [Google]
chichi.jpg
32 KB, 493x391
Do you ever find yourself reluctant to buy a toy even though you have the money and are positive that you want it?
>>
Why did chi-chi turn into such a cunt she was such a cute loli and young adult
>>
>>5424679
don't act like she isn't still adorable
>>
>>5424676
Yes. I'm an anxious motherfucker.
>>
>>5424679
well, you gotta be the responsible one when your husband's a tard that don't have a job
i bet bulma pays for everything too
>>
>>5424700
Nah, her dad is the Ox King, it's heavily implied he's loaded.
>>
>>5424729
yeah Ox King helped them pay for a lot of stuff, but in Super Goku had to start working because they were running out of money.
>>
>>5424700
>>5424729

Ox King's money only went so far. by Buu Saga she's nearly broke. She even encourages Goten and gohan to fight in the next world tournament for the prize money since Ox King's fortunes are drying up. And now she has Goku be a farmer since now that he's living again he needs a goddamn job to provide for his family.
>>
sure is /toy/ in here
>>
>>5424676
Hell no. If I want something Ill get it no matter what.
Coincidentally I bought a Dragon Ball Chichi candy dispenser from amiami. Cant wait for it to get here for a nice
>>
It's more about the wanting than the buying. Imagining having than actually owning. Pretending does not have limitations.
>>
>>5425033
Does anybody else find that this hobby is made worthwhile by those occasional moments where you buy a figure, one that you've anticipated and read plenty of reviews for, and it STILL manages to completely exceed your expectations and blow you away?

Mezco Batman and SHF Jedi Luke are the last two figures that did it for me.
>>
>>5425072
The last figure that blew me away was probably Broly.
>>
>>5424676
Well if its close to retail price yes.
If its scalper price, never because fuck that noise.
>>
>>5425072
SIC Shin for me.
>>
>>5425072
Yes. For Christmas, my brother bought me the DC Direct BTAS Batman. I went to three toy shows around its release and only found one unpleasant vendor who had him. For all the complaints, it really is an incredible looking figure.

But to show I'm not an uncultured burger, I was also blown away by the Mafex Catwoman. It's so poorly presented in the box but damn is it a nice figure.
>>
>>5425317
I've been thinking about picking up Mafex Vader. The figure looks great but they really need to work on those boxes...
>>
>>5425072

>>5425289
Broly did it for me too. As well as Figuarts Alphamon and Tuxedo Mask.
>>
Yes. A lot of retail toys seem overpriced for what they are, so I end up passing on figures even if I like them and easily afford them.
>>
>>5424700
All of their money came from Goku's tournament winnings.
>>
>>5424700
Chi-Chi get some shit for how she treated Gohan but one has to keep in mind Goku is basically an uneducated savage who spent most of his childhood alone. He wouldn't know how to keep a family afloat beyond building them a house or feeding them fish and bear he kill in the woods.
>>
>>5424729
Not so much after his castle got kamehameha-ed with all the treasures in it. He was really cool about it though.
>>
>>5424676
we have bills to pay anon
>>
>>5424676
Absolutely. I want those Lego Dimensions sets, but I don't have the game, so I'd basically be paying 20+ bucks for a single minifig. I can't justify it.
>>
>>5429302
I know, I've wanted those a lot.
I've also wanted the Simpsons and Ghostbusters lego sets, but the good ones are expensive as fuck.
>>
File: mmmmmmmmfffffh.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmmmfffffh.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>5424676
Every single time.
>>
>>5424676
figma Satsuki
Figuarts regular Goku
amiibos

They all look neat, but they wont really play a role in my collection
>>
>>5431372
>figma Satsuki
Not to rub it in, but she was like $20 mid last month.
>>
I have about 12 black series figures that I resented after I bought my first hot toy
>>
>>5424676
So much, esp. since I try to find a cheaper price for something. only if it's super cheap I go for it w/o regret.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.