[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /Toy/ /co/ here I looking into getting some One Piece Figures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Hi /Toy/ /co/ here I looking into getting some One Piece Figures any suggestions ???
>>
>>5419439
>One Piece
Figuarts Zero for you
>>
>>5419439
There're the Variable Action Heroes are pretty much your go to. Beyond that there's plenty of Figuarts Zero statueshit and also a Luffy Figuarts, though that figure is notoriously subpar.

Variable Action Heroes I think are 1/11 or 1/10, something strange that means they don't scale with a majority of 1/12 or 6" figures, including the Figuarts Zero ones.
>>
>>5419439
Look into Variable Action Heroes. The only real One Piece figures out there at the moment. Not even candy toys or something from Bandai.
>>
>>5419455
>>5419454
Weird that there aren't any Figma or S.H. Figuarts figures for the most popular anime in the world
>>
>>5419494
Isn't it? Bandai tried when they weren't quite where they are today and the line flopped. Whether for quality or another reason. They haven't really bothered since other than their Figuarts Zeros, which though nice, are statues. I mentioned 'really' cause they made the occasional oddity like the Chogokin Franky.
>>
>>5419494
It's just how licensing goes, sometimes.
>>
>>5419455
>>5419494
also thanks
>>
>>5419500
funny you should mention that line The reason I want to get some One Piece Fig's is Because I actually already own some horrible ones already I got in to OP when was in high school watching the 4kids dubs (yeah yeah feel free to make fun of me) and my step-mom decided to get me these weird wind-up figures of Zorro, Sanji, and Luffy I still have them on self
>>
>>5419494
There's tons of statues. I guess statues just make more money.
>>
>>5419494
There are Figuarts, but most were pretty awful. They made

Luffy
Ace
Nami
Sanji

In that order. By the time they got to Sanji the line was better, but it was selling so poorly the whole thing was canned.

What Bandai discovered was that the majority of the demographic of OP fans seemed to prefer statues to figures (arguably because it's by and large normalfags who just want something nice to put on their shelves and don't want to piss about posing figures and shit). So the Zero line kicked off, and sold really well.
>>
>>5419661
Different times though. VAH is crazy expensive for what it is (yes it's high quality, but the articulation and what not aren't much better than NECA stuff to be perfectly honest, not to mention it's pretty bare bones for the price) and seems to be doing quite well. I'm pretty sure if Bandai jumped back in the fray and put out quality products the buys would be there.

And I think One Piece statues are pretty much a thing because at that point that's all there was. POP and other such lines. Most probably didn't see it as being worth getting into a new line. And Luffy and Ace are pretty terrible. They're pretty fun figures to play around with, but are terrible with regards to actual likeness. Nami looks quite good, and Sanji is >= to her.

I keep thinking that for a franchise like One Piece with so many characters and so many varying sizes that this is the line to have at a smaller scale. I'd be cool with Figuarts, but we'd never get Kuma, or Whitebeard, or maybe not even the admirals. At a smaller scale I feel like that'd be possible. Maybe not Sanjuan Wolf but probably up to Franky's Shogun, possibly around Moriah as well.
>>
>>5419678
if the kinnikuman line is any indication those large characters could happen, they just have to start up the line again
>>
>>5419745
How so? The tallest characters so far are Akuma Shogun and Buffaloman, which are not much more than a head or so taller than everyone else (even in figure form), which isn't really comparable to an admiral who are almost twice as tall as the average character, let alone someone like Kuma who's roughly 4 times the size of most characters. Big the Budo is only prototyped so far so who knows if he'll get an actual release, but he's mostly wide as opposed to tall, so that leaves Buffaloman as the tallest, and he isn't at all comparable to the ridiculous height discrepancies in One Piece.
>>
File: mj31.jpg (185 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
mj31.jpg
185 KB, 600x473
Abit hard to balance due to the heels but i secretly blame the air bags
>>
File: c3201505.jpg (385 KB, 860x529) Image search: [Google]
c3201505.jpg
385 KB, 860x529
>>5419848
Nice line up so far
>>
>>5419850
Don't forget Mihawk, Chopper, and soon enough Hancock as well.
>>
>>5419765
How big is Buffaloman compared to Broly?
>>
>>5419971
Relatively small. Probably around 16's height. His head is probably around Broly's pecs.
>>
>>5419853
Hancock?? Fuck yeah!!
>>
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ACT10007&mode=retail

She any good?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.