[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative to Acid Rain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: acidrain.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
acidrain.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
Hey /toy/, I generally stick to 1/12 scale or 6 inch scale. But lately I've been holding back the urge to bite the bullet and buy a bunch of Acid Rain stuff.

Before I do I figured I should ask here.

Are there any 1/12 lines that are similar to acid rain? or any 1/12 soldier/military lines or something?
>>
>>5416045
3A Action Portable stuff for sure, some of the bots work well with acid rain as well so you could mix and match. The AP grunts and Nom commanders are the best figure options. The only issue you'll have is finding them at this point.
>>
>>5416284
Thanks, I'll look into them
>>
I'm confused. Acid Rain is 1/18 scale. Are you looking for 1/18 figures or 1/12 figures like Acid Rain?

If it's 1/18, you could check out >>5414444
>>
>>5417120
I understand he wants something like acid rain or military but in 1:12 6'' instead of 1:18 4"

There are lot of tacticool figures if you look in SW Black Series, Marvel or Halo, but an original 6" specific military series...I don't think there is one.
>>
>>5417234
why not? is it the true collector's scale after all
>>
File: KAI_REVOL_61_PROTECT_GEAR.jpg (182 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
KAI_REVOL_61_PROTECT_GEAR.jpg
182 KB, 800x600
>>5417234
Well, if it's a gas mask fetish...
>>
>>5417236
>why not?
1:18 military lines doesn't sell exactly well, and those who sell are basically because are cheap, so why would anyone do a 1:12 military line that is more expensive?

Sure there would be people who would buy (I would buy) but I don't think it would be a sucessful bussiness
>>
>>5417236
Military lines somehow settled into 1/18 (for troop building) and 1/6 (for customization)
>>
>>5417262

The scale also allows for vehicles, which is a big part of the military theme.

It's a shame the true 1:18 military vehicle market and the 1:18 action figure renaissance missed each other.
>>
>>5416045
I really don't get the fetish for Acid Rain shit. It's mediocre garage kit shit you can make yourself with a bin full of Joes.
>>
>>5418541
The figures themselves are quite good, well above average. The ones I have are my best figures in terms of articulation and joints
>>
>>5417240
Those figures are smaller than McFarlane's Halo figures.
Not 1:12 and not even 1:18
>>
File: light infantry scouts.jpg (70 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
light infantry scouts.jpg
70 KB, 736x490
>>5417236
>why not? is it the true collector's scale after all
Because for military figures, the true collector scales are in 1:18 and smaller.

You can't do anything decent in the childrens action figure 6" scale without it becoming too big.
In 1:18 scale, something like this is taking up 2' x 2' of space, which is more than what most collectors have room for.
This is why most military figure collectors gravitate toward even smaller scales like pic.
>>
>>5418632
I agree they're well done, certainly above "average" if you're comparing it to the plethora of 5 POA dogshit out there. I just look at it as a customizer and see something I could make myself with the right tools and materials so it's not overly impressive.
Wish I had thought of it first honestly, they're making fucking bank on it. I think their writing and IP idea is better than the figs really, but I also get artjelly pretty bad.
>>
>>5421149
but 3a already was doing the same shit as before.
Or just look at the fact that fans have always wanted army builders.
Takes time and money to create any of these things, and that's why they had never been done before.

There was ample opportunity to have thought of it "first," especially when the idea was already offered and asked for for almost a decade ago.
>>
I really wanted to get my hands on that 3pack recolour of green army men that acid rain did for that toy con but I sure as fuck am not paying over 160$ that they are going for now.
>>
>>5421771
Just get the one that came with the jeep.
I think it's only $50, so you'll have three jeeps for the price of only 3 figures.
>>
>>5421790

Try 120$
>>
>>5417290
If they can make 1/12 tanks for figma animu girls they can do the same for 1/12 soldiers dammit.
>>
>>5421461
Oh god don't bring out MTF bullshit.
If the guy who ran that wasn't such an incorrigible prick I'd hate that line a lot less.
>>
File: Marauder-Dio-Small-12_1421370336.jpg (897 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Marauder-Dio-Small-12_1421370336.jpg
897 KB, 2048x1152
>>5424126
what's wrong with the MTFs and why are you so butthurt about them?
>>
>>5421461
Ldt me break that down

Figure 12.99
Vest 1 4.99
Vest 2 3.99
Webgear 3.99
Head 1.99
Rebreatherbhead 1.99
Goggl3s 1.99
Gas mask 3.99
Poiches 3.99, but has2x
Holster 1.99 x3
Knife and sheat 2.99
Boonie hat 3.99
Helmet 3.99

Fuckit, see where it all adds up.
>>
File: MGR starter.jpg (110 KB, 960x742) Image search: [Google]
MGR starter.jpg
110 KB, 960x742
>>5424499
>being butthurt because the accessories are too expensive for you
geez
Why not just be minimal about it if you can't afford all that stuff?
Something like this is $20 and that's pretty standard pricing for small company quality toys.

Modular toys are actually a little more expensive.
>>
>>5424547
Try army building that shit. Its ok if you only want one. Gets pricey as fuck when you want 3 or 4.
>>
>>5424547
>implying i haven't been army building them
I can afford them, so why would i be angry? The prices are pretty fair and I'll probably buy even more later.
I like them better than Acid Rain's stuff, because of how modular they are.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.