[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw going to college and you have to leave all your toys home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (293 KB, 642x428) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293 KB, 642x428
>>
>>5412520
I hope your parents don't throw away or sell your stuff while you're out.
>>
>>5412520
Why in the fuck are you going to live in a college dorm? They're disgusting, hardly maintained, and you'll most likely hate your roommate(s).
>>
>>5412520
>tfw my life went to shit and i can't do anything but stay at home and collect toys while my health steadily decreases

appreciate the fact you're able to live life. You can enjoy your hobby when you get your own house.=
>>
>>5412626
In some cases, it's cheaper than finding your own place and it includes food as part of the deal.

I ended up getting my own place because I needed the freedom to fap whenever I wanted.
>>
>>5412626
His college may require first-years to live on campus. Mine did. I'm glad my dorms weren't filthy, worst thing that happened was finding a condom wrapper on the 16th floor stairwell.
>>
You're too young to even have good toys yet, unless you're blowing all your part-time paychecks or your parents are paying for them. You're not leaving behind Hot Toys and Chogokins, you're leaving behind Marvel Legends and Transformers you'll box up in a few years or sell off.
>>
>>5412673
what campus forces you to dorm?
>>
>>5412699
>>5412673
Yeah, I've never heard of that. That's pretty dumb.
>>
>>5412699
>>5412701
A lot of campuses forces you to dorm and chose the highest meal plan your first year now
at least on the east coast
>>
>>5412720
What university is this, Steinberg college?
>>
>>5412755
Towson University does this.
>>
>tfw started to collect once I got to college since no judgement from parents
>>
>>5412520
>>5412832
Seriously, OP. If you were that worried that the frat boys were gonna bully you, you need to stop worrying, People in college don't care what your hobbies are because they're either too busy studying or ruining their lives.
>>
>>5412699
How it works is you have to pay it like you live there or not
Don't live there? Pay 2000~ because you are an off campus/"out of state" student
Or pay 2000~ for a room and board

This has been fairly new (last ten years) and it's happening because newer generations are not as stupid about college as old ones were.
>>
>>5412860

This
>>
why the fuck does toy story 3 feel the need to give up on toys
>>
>>5413012
Because they really weren't toys an adult should still have. Even if Andy showed up here showing off Woody or Mr. Potatohead he'd maybe get a few nostalgia approving posts, , and then a bunch of others deriding him for collecting literal baby toys and then at least one Weaboo deriding him for not buyng the Figma Mr. Potatohead.
>>
File: hero.jpg (54 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
54 KB, 620x372
>>5413016
>Because they really weren't toys an adult should still have

because Disney lies to you?
>>
>>5412720
My college in Louisiana did this
>>
>>5412520
i commute to college, so i still have alot of my shit.
>>
>>5413183
I'm living at home whilst going to school and my parents actually ask questions about my figures and are somewhat interested in everything I buy (or at least they pretend too)
>>
>>5412520
I always take at least half of my figures to college, and that'she just because I don't have room for the other half.
>>
>>5413016
No one would bother you for still owning, or re-buying your beloved childhood toys. Not on this board anyway.
>>
>>5413326
especially since Toy Story is such a beloved gem and corner stone of nerd culture, bazinga!
>>
>>5412699
>>5412701
In general, I've noticed it's state schools that do that the most. Particularly if they're in a semi-rural area rather than in the middle of a big city.

They don't want students to drop out because they lose the tuition, so the best way to prevent that (in their minds) is to keep new students close at hand. Makes it easy for them to go to class, makes sure that they're being monitored by RAs and counsellors, etc. After that first year, it's up in the air.

My school also required that you stay on campus for the first year, unless you were a mature age student (25+). I ended up staying two, because I got a really nice four-person suite with only three people in it, and it was cheaper than living off campus. I moved out the third year because the building closed for updates (it didn't have an elevator) and because a friend was moving out of a really cheaply rented house a block from campus.

Polite sage for off-topic, I didn't collect toys back then due to being broke as fuck and spending all my money on books and supplies.
>>
>>5412520
>Implying I didn't take my favorite ones with me
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.