[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jurassic toys.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 1309379114079.jpg (292 KB, 841x836) Image search: [Google]
1309379114079.jpg
292 KB, 841x836
I'm fed up with how shitty the Jurassic World toys are.
Literally the only raptors that aren't trash are the Lego ones and the colors are shit on them.
And worse, I don't have any reason to believe anything better is coming anytime soon.

There isnt even a first movie Explorer among the diecast vehicles. the jeep though.
Is the RC jeep to scale with joe sized figs?
>>
>>5411811
I used to have that bottom raptor

my grandmother sold it at a yard sale without telling me
>>
>>5411827
It to this day might still be the best Jurassic PArk raptor toy.
and it wasnt even accurate to begin with.
>>
>>5411841

The Dinos from the first movie were all pretty cool.

>Utahraptor
>>
>>5411827
i also had that bottom raptor. there was definitely a time when that was my favorite toy ever.
>>
>>5411811
Just a bit off. The Jeep is 1:16 scale. Yeah it's pretty fucking shitty that Hasbro chose to be super cheap. The JP line they had a year before was god tier with articulated dinos and using joe figures. Why they didn't do that again is beyond me.
>>
>>5411846
I think I should still have the Utahraptor over at my parents, if they haven't thrown it out yet. I think the only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't roar anymore. It was a pretty cool guy.
>>
File: 0651-jp-joe-allosaurus5.jpg (198 KB, 1467x1100) Image search: [Google]
0651-jp-joe-allosaurus5.jpg
198 KB, 1467x1100
>>5411827
>>5411841
I have two of them, different paints, back home

>>5411811
It's really bad how the old toys were almost all better, they had a nice scaling effect most of the time. I was hoping they would re-release a thrasher or bull trex with new colours, but no, instead we got shit.

It's really embarrassing considering the high quality of the Allosaurus that came out before the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2499x1657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2499x1657
The older ones were pretty cool.
>>
>>5412718
I have the kickass blue one. Chaos Effect i believe.
My favorite as a kid was the baby t rex. id like to get another, and I wouldnt mind getting an original colors raptor to act as a Big One figure.

anyone have the revo t-rexs?
>>
File: aquarius.png (73 KB, 300x208) Image search: [Google]
aquarius.png
73 KB, 300x208
>>5412761
Never really got into the jurassic park 3 toys due to my age at the time of release, but jurassic park 1, 2 and chaos effect were amzing
>>
>>5411827
I had him too. Didn't he come as part of a set with a vehicle?
>>
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/07/10/velociraptor-jurassic-park-by-kenner/

This looks decent? does anyone have it/have had it and can tell me which sound it makes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cCJOYn7e0w

My favorites are the call (i call it a bark), grunt and peekaboo
>>
>>5413068
I think so

I had a couple vehicles
The jeep with the extended seat and the guy from lost world with the neck net
>>
>>5411827
I had the Chaos Effects redeco.
Man that thing was wacky.
>>
File: raptors.jpg (41 KB, 466x309) Image search: [Google]
raptors.jpg
41 KB, 466x309
>>5413068
>>5413180

The original was just a single card release. I think the first wave had a Raptor, a Dilophosaurus, and maybe one or two others.

There might have been a later release with a vehicle, but I don't remember it, but it definitely wasn't early on. The human figures came with baby versions of some of the dinos, though.
>>
>>5413190
I had majority lost world figures
But I know for a fact I had a raptor with a similar paint job

I think if you moved his arm down his mouth opened
It's been over 15 years
>>
>>5413241
>>5413190
Wait, I remember that stupid capture gear

It was designed to hold feet and arms but it always came undone because it was too short
>>
>>5413241
did it make a noise? im having vauge flashbacks to a toy i had.

the toy pictures moves its head and jaw when you squeeze the legs. no gimmick in the arms.
>>
>>5413325

The one here >>5413190 is the one that would lower its head and open its mouth when you squeezed the legs.

There was another one that was more orange and red in a later wave that had sound effects when you did something...squeezed its legs, or pushed a button or something.
>>
Dude that's comedy gold right there a MasterJurrasic it is perfect
>>
File: 014a.jpg (162 KB, 1024x781) Image search: [Google]
014a.jpg
162 KB, 1024x781
>>5411811

Do all the modern Jurassic Park toys have the torn skin "dino damage" effect on them? Some of the recent sculpts looked okay, but I thought the older toys at least included a plastic skin part to hide the insides.

Wish someone would make a dinosaur about the raptor's size with basic GI Joe level articulation. Kinda regret passing up all those "Walking With Dinosaurs" figures when Toys R Us had them. They seemed like they were better articulated.
>>
File: playmobil zoo.png (207 KB, 525x368) Image search: [Google]
playmobil zoo.png
207 KB, 525x368
I had both the raptors in OP, those jurassic park toys were endless fun. I had an old playmobil zoo, which was kind of boring on it's own, but I used to take the set outside and put the cages together in the grass and put dinos in them.... Welcome, to Jurassic Park.
>>
>>5413610
Good taste anon!

I think the scale was slightly off, but I used to use playmobil structures and people alongside the old Kenner JP dinosaurs too.
>>
>>5413584
The Jurassic World figures do, but they can't be covered with a patch of skin.

If you want some good articulation with coverable Dino Damage, go with the 2013 figures. They're the two good figures that Hasbro made for the franchise.

And yes, the WWD figures, especially the big Gorgosaurus, had a fuckton of articulation. I kinda wish I got it too.
>>
>>5412761
Even the JP3 stuff was better than the JW toys.
>>
>>5413584

Man, that raptor looks ready for adventure
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.