[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's official, hasbro's paint apps are worse than knock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: IngkVdR.png (555 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
IngkVdR.png
555 KB, 576x1024
It's official, hasbro's paint apps are worse than knock off paint apps
>>
>>5409681
I wish I could say that I was surprised.
>>
>>5409681
>[citation needed]

Can you prove which is which?
>>
>>5409681
So just buy the knock offs and breath in that lead paint
>>
>>5409688
I've seen lots of shit paint apps on the black series in stores, personally.

Here's the imgur album the OP pic is from
http://imgur.com/a/IGLON
>>
>>5409696
Yeah, I didn't doubt it but I think it's always worth asking for proof.

Thanks for the link, anon. Honestly not surprised, and this does make me feel better about ordering bootleg BS figures. Where I live a Black Series figure costs more than a figuarts, but Hasbro plastic is better for customs.
>>
>>5409681
HAha I SAW THIS ON REDDIT
>>
>>5409710
You sure did.
>>
>>5409681
Maybe I'm retarded or just a faggot but I see next to no difference. Wish I had money just to buy one.
>>
>>5409681
I'm not really seeing a difference. It'd be a better comparison is they had a bootleg version of the Poe Dameron pilot figure.
>>
How much do the bootleg versions run?
>>
>>5409761
Look at the black visor on the Black series. It's overpainted.
>>
This is a no shit moment.

Poor QC on the paint means it's going to vary from figure to figure.

This is why i like buying my action figures in person. ALL of them, not just Hasbro's, because fuck trusting China.
>>
File: IngkVdR.png (635 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
IngkVdR.png
635 KB, 1024x576
>>5409746
>>5409763
>>
>>5409971
>Better paint apps
>Better white
>Better plastic/casting quality

You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: HTB1PBGTLXXXXXcvXXXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg (124 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
HTB1PBGTLXXXXXcvXXXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg
124 KB, 750x750
>>5409762
4chan won't let me post the link but there are scores of listings on aliexpress for $15-19 with free shipping.
Most of the normal characters are super obvious bootlegs but all the first order stormies are near indistinguishable from the real deal.
>>
>>5409681

???

Why would there be any white whatsoever on a blaster? How is the official one worse? If anything it looks closer to correct to me
>>
Original Storm Trooper > Duck Trooper
>>
>>5410006
>Better plastic/casting quality
What makes you say that?
>>
File: blaster-02.jpg (309 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
blaster-02.jpg
309 KB, 1600x800
>>5410025
>Why would there be any white whatsoever on a blaster?
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the First Order's blasters have white on them.
>>
>>5410011
>Most of the normal characters are super obvious bootlegs

Apart from the boxes saying something stupid like star walls, even the original trilogy bootlegs figures are amazing quality.
>>
>>5410052
Look carefully, the details are more crisply-defined on the bootleg. It must be cast out of a less gummy material than what Hasbro uses.
>>
File: Hasbro Hot Toys quality.jpg (65 KB, 960x636) Image search: [Google]
Hasbro Hot Toys quality.jpg
65 KB, 960x636
>>5410106
>implying you can tell shit from unevenly lit photograph
On that note, Hasbro is the Hot Toys of sculpting and molding in 1:12 scale
>>
>>5410025
Because guns are scary and they needed something to immediately differentiate these as laser rifles.
>>
File: 2015-Kia-Soul-EV-rear-end-02.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
2015-Kia-Soul-EV-rear-end-02.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1360
>>5410026
AKA Kia Soultroopers.
>>
>>5410026
you = trying too hard
>>
>>5410122
I feel sorry for the sculptors who work on these and see how shit they turn out once the factories get done with them.
>>
>>5409681
I saw a black series one in stores last week. The visor was super messy, like it were drawn in with a sharpie in a hurry. Second time I've seen that sort of crap from this line.
>>
>>5409690
Do ground up your action figures into a fine dust and snort it? Do you lick your action figures? If no, you'll be fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>5410700
the 3 3/4" figures are even worse
>>
Do they even come with the traitor riot control batton thing?
>>
ashens reviewed the OT BS stormtrooper in his recent bootleg SW video- the only real difference was that the KO is a matte finish plastic while the official one is shiny. The gun was also slightly warped but that could be due to being warped in the package and not molding, even Hasbro guns can get warped if they're shoved in funny.
>>
>>5410765

Looks like someone hand-carved that out of wax.
>>
>>5410828
I ordered one that does, they've got phasma too.
>>
>>5410483
>I feel sorry for the sculptors who work on these and see how shit they turn out once the factories get done with them.
Nah, they can see their own sculpts anyway. Anyone who sees the figures in person knows how good the sculpt is.

They probably get a little upset that people think the sculpts look mushy though, because all those people see are poorly done photographs online.
Matte stuff always looks better, since the light won't be bouncing around everywhere, washing out the details.

There's only a few other companies who can produce this level of detail and accuracy.
They do amazing work, considering the fact they can produce high quality sculpts and molds even in 1:18 scale.
Kinda sad that we'll never get high quality complex paint jobs from them.
>>
>>5411719
Damn, is there a George Lucas figure out there?
>>
>>5409690
>that's not how led paint posining works
>>
>>5411719
If you met one of the sculptors at a convention would you suck their dick? like actually suck it?
>>
>>5412741
sure, I'd suck Jin's cock.
>>
File: lucas.jpg (345 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
345 KB, 800x600
>>5412693
Jorg Sacul, Baron Papanoida, George Lucas (in Stormtrooper disguise)
>>
I don't see the point in a lot of these knockoffs. They're charging the same price for the KO as you can get the real thing off amazon for.
>>
>>5411719
Who's the black chick between the Rock and Obi-Wan?
>>
>>5413003
Zanya from G.I. Joe. She's Zartans daughter.
>>
>>5409971
Twilight zone shit
>>
>>5410011
Anyone have any experience with the Figma bootlegs from aliexpress?

I was thinking about getting that Saber in the black suit as an alternate outfit for Satsuki. The bootlegs are only $20.

I asked Figma general about it, but they just got angry and told me to go back to /v/.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.