[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_06421.jpg (103 KB, 540x642) Image search: [Google]
IMG_06421.jpg
103 KB, 540x642
A few years ago, I brought a very expensive yo-yo. I did tricks at "expert" level. Some time passed, life got busy and I completely forgot about it. Recently I found my yo-yo, bought new string and started. However, it isn't responsive at all anymore. I do not know the exact name of the yo-yo, however I do know the design is butterfly. So of course it isn't going to come up by just moving my hand. I did the trick to make it come up (forgot thst name too), and nothing happen. I did some research, but it doesn't seem like anyone can give me a straight answer. Some say bearings, lube, string, shims, etc. But I do not want to buy all of that, when in reality I could buy let's say a new bearing and fix the problem.

Any ideas or suggestions would be highlyappreciated
>>
Obviously it needs more comeuppance fluid, OP.

Did you forget to top it off before using it again?
>>
>>5405021
you sir are thinking of a bind
and you need more lube, which ironically does the opposite of what you think it does.
the lube will increase the responsiveness of the bearing, although a dry bearing should still be somewhat responsive.
What yoyo is it if i may ask? if its been a while since you used it the response system may have given out

also lube:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/410/YYF-Performance-Oil
>>
wait you said you dont know the yoyo. can you post a pic? maybe open it and post pics of inside where the bearing is?
>>
In the 90s I had an Yomega X-Brain and an X-Brain Wing (butterfly style), you could pop off the side and use a screwdriver to increase or decrease the responsiveness. If you see springs from the side I suggest you look for an adjustment screw and tinker with that.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.