[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S.H.Figuarts General #28: Not That Bad, But Still Bad Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: generalpic160112.png (941 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
generalpic160112.png
941 KB, 1280x850
Old Thread >>5375780

Upcoming release schedule-

>JANUARY
Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Phantom Menace)
Bruce Lee
Nozomi Tojo (Bokura wa Ima no Naka de)
Ranma (Female)

>Tamashii Web Shop Exclusive
Hulkbuster
Trunks Advanced Color ver
Minato Namikaze
Omegamon

>FEBRUARY
Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne ver.
Kinnikuman Soldier
Captain Phasma
Luke Skywalker (re-release)

Rin Hoshizora (Bokura wa Ima no Nada de)
Hanayo Koizumi (Bokura was Ima no Nada de)

>MARCH
Beerus
Freddie Mercury

>APRIL
Body-kun DX Set (Gray Color ver.)
Body-Chan DX Set (Gray Color ver.)
Body-kun (Pale Orange Color ver.)
Body-chan (Pale Orange Color ver.
Lupin III
Fujiko Mine
Pikachu

Honoka Kousaka (Bokura was Ima no Nada de)
The Ninja
Bowser
Mario Playset E
Super Saiyan God Vegeta
Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike
Shadow Trooper
Cure Beat

>MAY
Ichigo Hoshimiya
Future Trunks (Saiyan Armor)
Brocken Jr.
Mace Windu
Super Saiyan Teen Gohan (re-release)

Umi Sonoda (Bokura was Ima no Nada de)
Wargreymon
Ultron
Hulkbuster (re-release)
New Order Trooper (Riot Shield ver.)

>JUNE
Aoi Kiriya
Captain America (Civil War ver.)

Kotori Minami (Bokura wa Ima no Naka de)

>JULY
Ran Shibuki
>>
File: shfupcoming160103.png (3 MB, 1500x3050) Image search: [Google]
shfupcoming160103.png
3 MB, 1500x3050
Other figures awaiting release dates -

Naruto Sage Mode
Itachi Uchiha

Ranma (Male)
Shampoo
Akane Tendou

Sailor Moon (PGSM R Ver.)
Super Sailor Mercury
Black Lady

Battle Droid (Geonosis Color)
Battle Droid (Geonosis Color) C-3P0 Head
Battle Droid Commander
C-3P0 (Episode II)
C-3P0 (Episode VII)
C-3P0 & R2-D2
Chewbacca (Episode IV)
Clone Trooper Phase 1 (Captain)
Clone Trooper Phase 1 (Commander)
Clone Trooper Phase 1 (Lieutenant)
Clone Trooper Phase 1 (Sergeant)
First Order Storm Trooper (Heavy Gunner)
General Grevious
Han Solo (Episode IV)
Jango Fett
Luke Skywalker (Episode IV)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode II)
Pilot Droid
R4-P17
Security Droid
Sith Speeder
Super Battle Droid

Leonardo
Michaelangelo
Raphael
Donatello

Ichigo Hoshimiya (Soleil)
Aoi Kiriya (Soleil)
Ran Shibuki (Soleil)

Ashuraman
Big The Budo

Super Saiyan 3 Goku Premium Colors
Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta
Super Saiyan 4 Goku
Goku (GT)
Goku (Angel ver.)
Kid Goku
Super Saiyan God Goku
Whis
Champa
Vados
Perfect Cell Premium Colors

Cure Flora
Cure Flora (Elegant)

Sheryl Nome
Ranka Lee

Rin Suzunoki
Hane Sakura

Black Widow
Hawkeye
Tony Stark
Marvel Studios Iron Man Armors

Daisuke Jugen
Koichi Zenigata
Goemon Ishikawa XIII
>>
>>5401659
If you aren't into kamen rider then yeah, the line is garbage in terms of quality.
>>
>>5401659
Wut? The Naruto stuff sucks but pretty much everything else in the line is very solid. Kinnikuman stuff is fantastic and they have the best DBZ figures available.
>>
How much is the shipping usually on Amiami for a Figuarts? I may get Freddie if it isn't too much.
>>
>>5401659
The SW figures aren't anything special. SHF isn't anything special, for that matter. Bandai places more emphasis on statues, model kits, and Robot Damashii than they ever do for SHF and that's pretty clear to all. But many SHF are still worth getting beyond SW, if "worth getting" extends to very by-the-numbers releases that neither wow nor offend.
>>
>>5401661
This desu imo senpai
>>5401662
Yeah uhh I'm not into shonen fighting series, are you 12? I'll give you the Ultimate Muscle figures, but the DBZ figures are horrible copypaste. I mean Vegito didn't even have gloved hands, they just painted the normal hands white and they have visible lines and fingernails! They're probably still milking that Son Gokou body too! They aren't even in scale with eachother.
>>5401671
Are you stupid? He's a Bluefin distributed release, you can get him fucking anywhere! There's no reason to import him.
>>5401676
Not anything special? You must be joking. Take a look at the Black Series junk we were stuck with until based Bandai saved us.
>>
>>5401688
>Not anything special? You must be joking. Take a look at the Black Series junk we were stuck with until based Bandai saved us.
I'm not joking. As far as the SHF SW figures are concerned, thus far they're really nothing special when compared to other SHF. They're very average. They are markedly better than Hasbro BS, something which wasn't even worth bringing up on your part because nobody even mentioned that as a point of comparison, but they are not above the norm of the SHF brand.
>>
>>5401688
Okay, we get it. You're a shitposter, jeez.
>>
>>5401695
They're the best of SHF they use new advanced articulation schemes and take advantage of the new face printing
>>5401699
I am contributing to the dialogue of toy collecting. Am I violating social norms? Do you not like my tone of voice? I'm contributing here, I'm cooperating!
>>
>>5401705
>They're the best of SHF they use new advanced articulation schemes and take advantage of the new face printing
So maybe it was only my personal Jedi Luke that lacked drop down hips, and everyone else's has it? Man, I'm jealous that everyone else has a Jedi Luke that can move its legs further forward than 45 degrees. Maybe if I send Bandai a request they'll get me a replacement.

The SW figures are not bad, they're just not great. They're exactly what you would expect from a run of the mill SHF release. This isn't a slam, it's a realistic viewpoint.
>>
Is pic related what the SHF Black Widow is going to look like?

Because she looks like pure shit if so.
>>
>>5401719
Drop down hips? What is this, 2010: The Year We Made Contact? Get with the times, grandpa! Smaller boxes, less accessories, and NO AWKWARD PULL DOEN HINGED HIPS AND THIGHS! One fell swoop and drop down hips have become a memory! On your knees before Tamashii Nations patented 1/12 scale figure technology!
>>
>>5401653
Watched Naruto the Last with my girl today... I won't lie i'm getting the Naruto bullshit Bite once more. I saw the Sage Mode figure shown off and I gotta ask what are the chances? I looked at the standard Naruto and boy does he look garbage. Sauce is fine, and I'd like Kakashi but.... i just can't commit to how bad he looks.
>>
>>5401736
That's a gateway series of the worst kind

POWER GAP

that's a sage supreme de la meme
>>
>>5401722
looks like the shf cap headsculpt with long hair
>>
File: DSC09485-400x267.jpg (36 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
DSC09485-400x267.jpg
36 KB, 400x267
> still no release date for HaruHaru
Come on Bandai I'm dying here
>>
>>5401705
>I am contributing to the dialogue of toy collecting.

By being a low quality poster. Fuck off to reddit.
>>
File: shfsagemode.jpg (50 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
shfsagemode.jpg
50 KB, 330x330
>>5401736
I'd say they're pretty solid. It constantly feels like the line is hanging by a thread because they don't show off much, in fact it's been quite a while since Sage Naruto, Itachi, and Minato first got shown off, and only one has a release date with nothing else shown other than Kakashi who just came out. If anything, I'm positive that at least Sage Naruto will release. It's an easy release where they can just re-use the same body, at a coat, new faces, maybe a new effect attack like a Rasen Shuriken or something, and call it a day.

Also, Naruto himself isn't terrible, he's just underwhelming. The articulation is solid, but the hips look off. He's got some four faces, but the quality is slightly lacking. Rasengan, two kunai, and plenty of hands though, and he was something like 30 bucks? He's worth it, at least. I'd say he's better than Sasuke, who has the ugliest elbows, two very boring faces (in fairness, it's about all the expression he has in the manga), and his additional sweeping hair piece is barely different from the normal. He pairs well with Naruto though, and they're the best articulated figures we're gonna get for the series. Personally as long as the release dates of the line don't saturate the release schedule of SHF in general, I'm picking up all of them.
>>
>>5401753
here's your reply
>>
>>5401766
Naruto has 0% cultural relevancy, it's fucking flavor of the month from over 10 years ago. What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>5401736
>>5401766
>>5390415
>>
>>5401772
>bait
That aside, I assume most people watched it when they were younger and it was on Cartoon Network or whatever. Same reason a lot of people like Gundam Wing and buy those RD even the show actually isn't very good.

Personally I only watched it about a year and a half ago, got caught up when my girl wanted me to get into it. I don't think it's particularly great, but I liked it well enough to buy a figure from it every couple months. Which suits me fine since that's about as often as we get them.
>>
>>5401747
>>5401766
>>5401776
Goddammit i can't read nip but I might just bite the fuckin bullet... I'll be hitting up a Tamashii booth in August so i'm sure Minato will be there and I won't lie, he's the only one thats made me go "man ya'know what... he looks alright." I'm already dick deep into the Dragonball Figuarts with the exception of Krillin i've got all the ones i want on preorder. I just want that fuckin sage mode.. his hair is too fucked up for me though, i don't know why but they never seem to get a good styled look...
>>
>>5401705
>They're the best of SHF they use new advanced articulation schemes and take advantage of the new face printing

Clonetroopers poor articulation on the elbows and hips, disappointing articulation on battledroid (slightly understandable), the weird horse face Stormtrooper helmets.

They are anything but the best. Even the most basic of Figuarts like any base sentai manages to beat the Star Wars ones at a few key points.
>>
>>5401825
I thought I was the only one who was slightly underwhelmed by the Battle Droid. That's reassuring.
>>
>>5401849
Mine shipped november 30th and still isnt here
>>
>>5401850
Might wanna ask for a refund.
>>
>>5401850
That's kind of odd. Where did you buy it from, what shipping method did you use, and where are you located? Late November through late December is kind of a hellish period for ordering internationally, but that's pretty weird that it's now the middle of January and you still don't have it.
>>
>>5401850
If you ordered using SAL as shipping just wait a bit longer
I ordered something back on the 27 of November from amiami and it didn't arrive until last Saturday
>>
File: 056.jpg (453 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
453 KB, 1600x900
>this joke again
>>
File: 035.jpg (380 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
380 KB, 1600x900
"I'll trade you for your Phasma-car."

"No way JO-53."
>>
File: 014.jpg (259 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
259 KB, 1200x900
But seriously, I am really enjoying the FO Trooper. Bring on the heavy weapons trooper and his awesome tacticool harness!
>>
>>5401909
>JO-53

okay, it made me laugh
>>
God damnit.
I bought Kylo Ren. I really like him, but I've never even been a HUGE Star Wars fan. I'm more hyped on it now than ever since the new movie came out and I really enjoyed it.

Now I feel I have to have a whole Star Wars shelf. I already preordered TR-8R, and I feel I have to get a normal FO Stormtrooper or 2 before then, not to mention other little miniatures to add to a display. This is turning out to be quite an investment.
>>
Is the Bruce Lee S.H. Figuarts worth it for $50? Also where's a good place or website where I could pre-order the S.H. Figuarts of Bruce Lee and Freddy Mercury?
>>
>>5401931
You get the mafex or figuarts?
>>
>>5401939
Figuarts. I have been limiting my collection to figuarts and good smile only, for some reason. i'm already branching out to other franchises, i don't want to branch out to other brands too
>>
>>5401945
Where'd you get it? I can't find the thing online, only found the mafex on amiami.
>>
>>5401949
biginjapan, a fellow soldier let me a know a couple of weeks ago, heres a link
http://biginjap.com/en/us-movies-comics/13050-star-wars-sh-figuarts-first-order-stormtrooper-shieldbaton-set.html
>>
File: MC Ren.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MC Ren.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
I finally got my hands on Ren and he's pretty great. I donno, I've been hearing he's really divisive but I'm liking most everything. The skirt panels are also WAY more flexible than I was expecting, but I still might do the black series swap.

>>5401901
>>5401909
>>5401914
I'm really liking the one of these guys I got. I skipped out on the OT trooper because of the weirdass hemet, but these things are great. Really looking forward to TR-8R now, what's the story on the other variants? Are they announced yet or just pics?
>>
>>5401962
>http://biginjap.com/en/us-movies-comics/13050-star-wars-sh-figuarts-first-order-stormtrooper-shieldbaton-set.html
HOLY SHIT BLESS YOU ANON!
>>
>>5401966
nice, happy to pass it along! i can't wait for this guy!
>>
>>5401963
I'm not much a fan of the skirt panels. They're flexible but they tend to act as a third, fourth, fifth, and sixth leg when I try to put him in wide stance poses. Though they also keep him really well balanced and standing without help. Unlike every other figure I own.
>>5401945
I spent the last year or two just trying to keep my collection down to Figuarts Toku stuff. Kamen Riders, Sentai, all that. Now I have Kylo Ren and Darth Maul, with the Lupin ones on preorder. And I just preordered my first Figma. And bought a few Lego sets. No matter what you do to escape it the slippery slope will always find you.

Please help me.
>>
>>5401983
>Though they also keep him really well balanced and standing without help.

Right? I thought it'd be annoying at first but he's ridiculously easy to balance as long as he's standing. They're still kind of annoying as they make crouching or running a pain, but I'm not hating them.
>>
File: Kylo, reflections on angst.jpg (553 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Kylo, reflections on angst.jpg
553 KB, 1080x1920
>>5401963
>>
>>5401849
It's not that bad, really. It could have been better, sure, but that would have probably involved cutting up the design further and making it more flimsy. They're cute, fairly flexible, and pretty expressive for a skeletal robot toy. Lack of accessories isn't exactly surprising, and if anything the relatively low cost makes them easier to army build.
>>
>>5401849
I still haven't even bothered to open my second one with how average the battle droid is.
Found it way too flimsy and fiddly to get it to hold the guns in a pleasing manner.
>>
>>5401688
Nice shitpost.
>>
File: FI2Dz7Q.jpg (21 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
FI2Dz7Q.jpg
21 KB, 1024x767
Can anyone please tell me if a sayian's head pegs nicely onto kinnikuman's body like pic related.

I pulled that image off of google buy I own neither figure. I'm wondering if a sayian head is in scale with body. That side shot has me believeing goku's head might be a little too big or the ball peg might not fit onneachbother.
>>
>>5402475
I only have Piccolo, but I imagine he has the same sized ball peg in his neck as the Saiyans. If so, they won't fit. Their peg is tiny compared to that of Kinnikuman and friends.
>>
Where's the best place to buy Figuarts stuff for reasonable prices if you're in the UK?

In the past I've messaged various third party sellers on Amazon to check if they'd be cool with marking the package as a gift before ordering from them. Surely there's a better way.
>>
>>5402541
Amiami.

If you are after a place that will mark down the cost then you are out of luck. Just ship them in small numbers to lessen the chance of been caught.
>>
File: resize DSCN1954.jpg (288 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
resize DSCN1954.jpg
288 KB, 1333x1000
Hello fellas, what do you think of my Figuarts collection?
>>
>>5402475
So is it possible to kitbash a shirtless Awakening Goku?
>>
>>5403778
meme-tastic
>>
>>5403787
--> >>5402538
>>
>>5403778
>Heartstone
>Heroes of the Storm
>Overwatch

5/10 Blizzard isn't very good anymore

I like the poses with Cap and Iron Patriot though. Do more fun things with them. AMERICAN things.
>>
File: resize DSCN1377.jpg (486 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
resize DSCN1377.jpg
486 KB, 1333x1000
>>5403824
Is dancing down at the DQ American enough?
>>
>>5403837
Cakes and treats
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 190x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 190x220
>>5403837
its greg
>>
>>5403850
here's your reply
>>
>>5403837
I love it.
>>
>>5403778
Normie/10 but you have Iron Patriot and that makes you cool.
>>
File: Druids_Coverart.jpg (95 KB, 256x327) Image search: [Google]
Druids_Coverart.jpg
95 KB, 256x327
>>5403850
about as good as
>>
File: DSCN1309.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1309.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
How about hanging out with other (non-Figuarts) Americans while playing with guns? Is that American enough?
>>
>>5404006
What happened to the eagle's cape?
>>
So can anybody else not find kakashi on hlj? I searched his name and just looked through all figuarts and he's gone, not even in the discontinued searches.
>>
>>5404620
Kakashi is a web exclusive.
>>
>>5404632
I could have sworn I saw him on there before though, oh well. Not like the line will continue much longer anyway. BTW episode 1 Obi Wan is available again on hlj.
>>
What's the average price for a nib Wargreymon? There's this guy selling me his for $35 and claims it's 100% authentic. I thought WGM was way more expensive than that, so I'm a bit suspicious.
>>
File: IMG_20160114_095623.jpg (1 MB, 2304x2691) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_095623.jpg
1 MB, 2304x2691
>>5401963
I just got mine too. I've read so many people crying about it, but I really like him. He does have a slight learning curve, still learning how to manage the legs and robe bits
>>
>>5404950
WGM got reissued last year(?), so that's why the price is low.

Also the fact that the Figuarts WGM is coming out, and it seems like a better figure.
>>
>>5401766
At least his fucking hair looks good
>>
>>5401963
>>5404998

Have you experienced any difficulty fitting any of the extra hands onto your Kylos? For whatever reason, his hands -- that aren't his default ones -- refuse to pop in. I don't want to force them, in fear of breaking them. Any advice to solving this issue?
>>
>>5407046
Not those too, but yeah I've noticed his wrists tend to be really fucky. I've not bothered changing his hands since I got him in because it's just such a bitch. I love the figure but this was definitely a rush job.
>>
>>5407046
>>5407091
It just sounds like the wrist holes on your guys' Kylo needs to be loosened up. Once you get them on the first time they'll be broken in, sot to speak, and they'll pop on/off easily thereafter. Nothing out of the ordinary and hardly an indication of a "rush job."

I had no problem swapping out the hands on my Kylo, just make sure to apply even pressue straight down onto the wrist as you're putting the new hand on. If it's really giving you guys issues then heat the hands up with a hair dryer or by dunking them in some hot water before trying to put them on.

>>5407094
Wow, this is like the 5th time this has happened to you! You should see a doctor before you have a heart attack from all these panic attacks!
>>
>>5407046
Yeah, I looked closely at them and the holes for the other hands seem ever so much smaller than the fists. I have a really bright desk reading lamp I just put them under for maybe 15 seconds and it softens them right up.
>>
Is there anywhere to get Kakashi?
>>
>>5407187
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/12792-naruto-shippuden-shfiguarts-hatake-kakashi-limited-edition.html
>>
>>5407128
I will try just that. Thank you!
>>
>>5407187
Wait for bluefin stocks to arrive to us sellers, you might not get the brown shipper box(I've heard bluefin stocks of Pluto didn't come with one) but yu'll get it for cheaper compared to japan/asia version with the brown shipper.

Saw Ep1 Obiwan on taghobby(mass retail ver)and he looks, would post some pics here buy I'm on mobile and don't know how to copy pic links.
>>
>>5407297
Nuu reviewed his yesterday.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51969705.html

Only want Episode III Obi-Wan and Ben though.
>>
>>5407311
I've been a fan of the Star Wars stuff so far but holy damn that face looks... fucking awful, and the porcupine living on the back of his head just makes it even worse.
>>
>>5407332
dot matrix print. lmao
>>
>>5407336
Have another (You) on the house!
>>
Man, I love kylo's lightsaber, but I'm paranoid as hell that he'll tip over once and it'll snap. Did Luke and Vader's sabers feel so brittle?
>>
File: 090.jpg (330 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
090.jpg
330 KB, 1200x900
>>5407391
I can't speak to Luke's saber, but Vader's saber definitely has more give to it than Kylo's. ...this is a very lewd statement when taken out of context.

But yeah, Vader's saber is more likely to bend rather than snap, and while I don't feel Kylo's saber is fragile, you definitely want to exercise care with thin rigid plastic parts.
>>
>>5407297
Oh I didn't think kakashi was getting a us release? Thought he was Web exclusive?
>>
File: PicsArt_01-13-09.27.57.jpg (212 KB, 1246x2207) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_01-13-09.27.57.jpg
212 KB, 1246x2207
Kylo Ren and the FO Trooper are back in stock on HLJ, just bought myself my 2nd trooper
>>
>>5407724
Oh fuck man, thanks. RIP wallet, though.
>>
>>5407742
nope, no more troopers
>>
>>5407724
Thanks man, got my Kylo. No trooper this time round, shame.
>>
File: 14.jpg (306 KB, 963x1200) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
306 KB, 963x1200
I ordered pic related because he looks fucking cool but now I've started watching the anime and it's actually pretty good, though the voice acting is horrendously cheesy. That's what I get for watching the dub I suppose.
>>
>>5407822
>watching the dub
But why?

And yeah, I hope you enjoy him. Not familiar with the show, but I've always preferred the Figuarts over the twinkish Figma.
>>
>>5407825
>But why?

I don't speak Japanese, and reading subtitles is a chore. I'm probably the least weeb person on 4chan. Not a Chad Normiewitz by any means I just don't really 'get' most jap stuff.

A friend recommended I watch Highschool of the Dead a few years ago. I really enjoyed it, mostly cause of titties and zombies.

I find most anime hard to get into, but I do like some big 2D T&A.
>>
>>5407839
>I find most anime hard to get into, but I do like some big 2D T&A.
Then you shouldn't really have a problem, given that a lot of anime have shitty fanservice and all.
>>
File: atago.jpg (103 KB, 855x1280) Image search: [Google]
atago.jpg
103 KB, 855x1280
>>5407852
Eh, I'd rather not open Pandora's box if you catch my drift.

There's already too many figures out there I want.
>>
>>5407603
He is a web exclusive but bluefin distributes them to US, kinda like what they did to the web exclusives of DBZ, Sailor Moon, etc.
>>
Help with loose legs on the newer Figuarts bodies?(ie:Drive and Gaim bodies)

Is there anything I can do about this? I don't know how the engineering works with the new thighs. As much as I'm loving the Drive and Gaim Figuart lines, almost all of them have loose legs now and it's bothering me quite a bit.
>>
>>5407972
The thigh joint connects horizontally, so to fix the up-down looseness (left-right looseness should be obvious to fix), you'll have to somehow add polish inside those joints.

Most likely by detaching the entire leg, but I don't know how difficult that is.
>>
>>5407986
Have you taken a single look at the newer bodies? They don't use ball joints for the legs/thighs.
>>
>>5407998
Where did I say anything about balljoints, Anon?
>>
>>5408013
You actually have it easy compared to me. Your issue almost entirely revolves around ball joints which are really simple to fix.(can be done with either clear nail polish or a simple piece of napkin or paper) For ball joints in the torso/shoulder area you have to take the figure apart which is surprisingly simple and then apply the fix you decide on. The majority of the OOOs bodies are pretty bad though, so I'm not sure if they're even salvageable. The issue with getting loose legs/thighs on the newer Figuart bodies like the Gaim and Drive lines is that they use pin joints which seem almost impossible to take apart.
>>
>>5408018
I genuinely don't know what you're even going on about.

I'm not talking about ball-joints whatsoever, and I have no idea why you're talking to me about it. The thigh joints on Gaim/Drive/etc connects horizontally via peg (from what it seems like). I'm telling you/that person you need to detach the entire leg to add polish on the peg, as there's no room whatsoever to do so with the leg still attached on. How difficult it is to remove is unknown, as I don't recall anyone doing it.
>>
>>5408039
It can't be removed!
There's a lock in place.
>>
>>5408048
Only alternative I can think of is to apply polish on the part (not the joint itself, but the thigh piece/covering) where it moves upwards inside the pelvis. Kind of a poor solution...
>>
>>5407915
Oh cool, any idea how long that takes after release, was thinking of preordering sage naruto soon as he comes up.
>>
>>5408076
Release: About a month after Japan.
Pre-Orders: When Bluefin feels like it.
>>
Does anyone think there may be a chance for Figuarts from Batman v Superman? Or are the MAFEX figures likely to be the only ones?
>>
File: 1381037760918.png (89 KB, 257x302) Image search: [Google]
1381037760918.png
89 KB, 257x302
>>5407839
>reading subtitles is a chore

Please be joking.
>>
>>5408289
In his defense, it can be depending on the involved sub group's ability to translate and time the text.
>>
>>5408301
I'm betting that's not the case for him though.
>>
>>5408311
Hey, I watched all of Highschool of the Dead with subs and enjoyed it a lot, I just don't really like reading dialogue when I could be hearing characters voices in my own language.

You wouldn't go see a movie in Chinese if you had the choice to watch it in English, would you?
>>
>>5408341
Not him, but I'd definitely watch anything in its original language than dub.
>>
>>5408352
I would totally understand if you spoke enough of the language to watch it unaided by subs, but otherwise I'd rather hear it in English.

I know this is regarded as ultra pleb by most anime fans, but I don't care. I watched Pokémon in English when I was a kid and it didn't detract from the experience at all :^)
>>
>>5408359
I don't mind your decision, but I use this logic for certain shows, Pokemon being one of them, but more mature animes are not included.

I watched Pokemon, DBZ, and Digimon as a kid, with American voices.
When I rewatch them, I watch them with American voices, as I watched it like that as a kid.

If I'm watching anything though like Neon Genesis, Studio Ghibli films etc., I will 99% of the time watch it in Japanese with subs. It just feels much more authentic.
>>
>>5408435
>It just feels much more authentic.

What does this mean? I know some dubs are pretty bad, but surely listening to voices you can understand is better than reading subtitles?

Maybe I'll watch the next few episodes of Accel World with original voices and English subs and see if I can get a better understanding of what you said.
>>
>>5408445
>but surely listening to voices you can understand is better than reading subtitles
No.
>>
>>5408341
I would if the acting for the chinese was better than the people hired for the dub. And typically that's the case.
>>
The Darth Vader reissue is currently in stock on HLJ for anyone interested.
>>
>>5408445
>surely listening to voices you can understand is better than reading subtitles

That's not always the case. Unless the English voice acting is out of this world I will not watch it dubbed. I stick with the language it was made in, speaking for Japanese anime or Chinese kung fu movies alike. You get the GENUINE emotion behind their words and you can feel it. As human beings we're raised to distinguish different emotions with different tones of voice. You just can't get that with a dub unless you have really talented voice actors.
>>
>>5407046
yea mine were annoying hard to plug in day one too
>>
>>5408563
Thanks for the notice!
>>
Captain Phasma pre-order is in stock on amiami. Probably won't last long.
>>
>>5408852
>You get the GENUINE emotion behind their words and you can feel it.
Not him, but I grew up in an area with a lot of Japanese families and that is a laugh.
I made friends with a couple of Japanese kids and got to know some of their families. According to them, anime voice actors usually don't speak like actual people and come off as stilted or forced. This is probably true, considering the fact so many animes are produced before the voice actors actually do their lines. Doing the animation before the dialogue is recorded forces the original actors to follow someone else's pace, like an animator or writer, and that can be as unnatural as a dub is.

So basically, you "feel" it's more authentic because of your ignorance of the language. Nevermind the fact it's harder for you to spot poor voice acting when you don't understand the actual words coming out of their months. So the cadence and rhythm can be out of place and you wouldn't even know it.

Being around natural speaking Japanese people for so long, i even started picking it up myself, but I prefer dubs over subtitled, especially now that I've forgotten a lot of Japanese.
Animation is meant to be watched, not read. That's my own personal opinion and i rarely watch a subtitled version unless the dub actors are bad.

Also, you can't eat or do anything else when watching a sub, because you have to concentrate on reading what's being said. Then there's the fact you're going to miss a lot in dialogue heavy action scenes. Can't have the eyes in two places at once.
Subtitles are an inconvenience
>>
>>5409429
Can you guys go to /a/ or something?
>>
>>5407724
>>5407742
Shit, I thought I snagged one this morning, but it's been 12 plus hours and not even the usual confirmation email.
>>
>>5407822
I bought one on mandarake about a week ago. Have never seen the series but the figure looks awesome and couldn't say no to the 1kyen price tag. Love the wings and accessories. Cool figure, honestly.
>>
>>5409419
I missed it
damnit
>>
>>5408341
You should be able to subconsciously read subtitles without any effort otherwise what was the fucking point of going to school for so many years? It's excusable if English isn't your first language but holy fuck, that's the argument 11 year olds make whenever anyone tells them to watch any anime that doesn't have a dub.
>>
>>5410245
I feel this guy >>5409429 summed up my feelings better than I ever could. But to reiterate, reading subs is a chore, especially when I just want to relax and half watch something in the background.
>>
>>5410306
>reading is a chore
People from conservative states, everyone.
>>
>>5409429
>anime voice actors usually don't speak like actual people and come off as stilted or forced
like most English dubs
>>
File: 1452958840132.jpg (2 MB, 4256x2934) Image search: [Google]
1452958840132.jpg
2 MB, 4256x2934
>>
>>5410590
Nice job misreading what I said.

>reading subs is a chore

Reading a book is totally different to following a cartoon with subtitles.
>>
>>5410617
2chan link?
>>
>>5410659
There's some scattered in here:

http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3466119.htm
>>
>>5410617

>tfw there will never be skits with Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and Darth Maul as The Three Stooges.
>>
>>5409429
But dubs are bad. Even if I can't tell when watching subs, I can always recognize a cheesy or flat performance in English. And, usually, they are. This problem's gotten even worse lately because of the overuse of so many mediocre dub actors and the growth of the dubbing industry. Not to mention inaccurate translations, and bad scripts in general. I'm not going to accept making a show or movie worse for the sake of convenience.
>>
>>5410667
He looks pretty great. I look forward to subjectanon's 2-4 hour crusade against it.
>>
>>5410647
>a book is totally difficult to follow
Straight from the horse's mouth, folks. Maybe you should start watching subbed shows, get you all caught up to like a middle school level of reading comprehension?
>>
>>5410725
He didn't say that at all, anon.

If you are going to do the whole subs vs dubs argument that doesn't go anywhere, at least don't start acting like children and trying to start a greentext strawman fight. You are just shitting up a thread.
>>
>>5410725
Are you a moron? My implication was that books are much easier to read/follow than subs on a cartoon.
>>
>>5410725
Do you have issues with reading comprehension?
>>
Jesus, this is worse than another subjectanon iron man rant.
>>
>>5410741
>>5410761
Hahahahaha
>>
>>5401653
Where can I find the sauce for not rape prices?
>>
>>5411068
The Thunder effect or the figure?

Wait for US stores to have Kakashi instock, he is a web exclusive so he'll climb up in price once he goes out of stock no matter what(see Sasuke).

For the effect part, it's already available but it's packaged in a huge box(box is about the size of the impact effect + burning effect) so as much as possible buy it in a local store/ online shop and avoid buying it from Japan since it will cost much more because of shipping.
>>
Bruce Lee is back up on HLJ.
>>
>>5410706
It's rare for dubs to be bad nowadays, and it seems to me modern weeaboos are just repeating the same shit weeaboos were saying in the 80s and 90s just to fit in.

Or, it might just be ignorance being bliss. There's so much cringe worthy dialague in anime. It might sound good in your head, but hearing it spoke aloud in your native language sounds awful.
Since you don't understand Japanese and the sentence structures are so different, you're basically making up the dialogue in your head where it does sound good, except in the voice of the japanese actor.
>>
>>5411248
Eh actually meant sasuke, I jumped to every barnes and Noble and had zero luck I've checked every other site and he's either been out of stock or 80 + dollars the sauce is not worth that.
>>
I got kakashi. He is much better than the early shots led me to believe. Easily better than sasuke and naruto.
>>
>>5411878
>Easily better than sasuke and naruto
That's not really something that's going to instill confidence in people.
>>
>>5411772
>It's rare for dubs to be bad nowadays
No they're actually worse than they were about a decade ago
>>
>>5411931
>hey its much better than those figures that were disappointing!
>that's not good!

So, did you want it to be worse? Just as bad? That's good news.
>>
File: sc2ecavgnibxspsa8dka.jpg (22 KB, 435x339) Image search: [Google]
sc2ecavgnibxspsa8dka.jpg
22 KB, 435x339
>>5410617
someone needs to do this with a figure that has a chop hand doing the block
>>
Dubs always sound awful in any language. I see Hollywood movies dubbed into Japanese on TV all the time and it sounds atrocious.
>>
File: 1439548393960.jpg (46 KB, 691x720) Image search: [Google]
1439548393960.jpg
46 KB, 691x720
>>5412400
>ubs always sound awful in any language.
>00
>>
>>5412400
You can always rely on a tripfag to share awful opinions.
>>
>>5412453
>>5412443
nah he's right lol
>>
>>5411872
Oh lol, I didn't know you meant Sauce as in Sasuke, He is no way worth it at that price but he won't be reissued anymore since he's a web exclusive, you're only bet for a cheaper price is to see the bst/ebay/mandarake, also check out your local hobbyshop/comic store since thy might have one. Good luck!

>>5411878
Yeah he is much better than Sasuke and Naruto, only problem I have with him is it's hard to change heads because of his double hinged neck joint like the one Broly uses.
>>
>>5412647
I ran in to that issue. Took about 6 tries to get the head back on.
>>
>>5407724
Damn I just bought kylo on ebay for 70
>>
>>5412400
I agree but your dubs are great
>>
>>
>>5413851
Where can I preorder this?
>>
>>5413870
It's not listed on the products page yet, just an update on http://tamashii.jp/special/kinnikuman/
>>
File: img18_sm05_zoom.jpg (183 KB, 504x752) Image search: [Google]
img18_sm05_zoom.jpg
183 KB, 504x752
>Dat Perfect Ashura Buster
>>
>>5413851
>>5413894
I have to grab him just because he has a unique look about him.
>>
>>5413851
machamp when
>>
>>5413851
>tfw your dollar is in the shitter but you need this dude
>>
File: img18_sm03_zoom.jpg (130 KB, 504x712) Image search: [Google]
img18_sm03_zoom.jpg
130 KB, 504x712
>>5413851
This line continues to impress me.
>>Releases in June
Man, that's four new standard releases and one exclusive for only the first half of the year. So pumped for what's to come next. I just wish he had his crying face.
Judging by the previous releases, he should be about ¥5,440 after the discount on Amiami.
>>
>>5413941
I feel you my fellow moosian and beavarian resident. At least I assume... But oh yes, definitely purchasing.
>>
>>5413851
Fuckin sweet. Don't even care about Kinnikuman, I just want my six armed brawler.
>>
>>5414096
You got that right, Canuckistan. Being Canadian is suffering.

The legal weed better be worth it, though (and hopefully help the economy)
>>
>>5414016
i wish asura's wrath was still relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8IOcNN5HTE
>>
File: tagteam.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tagteam.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>5413941
>>5414096
>>5414149
>SHF General right now
>>
>>5414200
Would 1000% get to support my country's failing economy cause obviously partial proceeds will return to the great Canada with purchase (first release bonus).
>>
I'm just so pre-occupied with waiting for amiami to finally send the pay notice for Bruce. The end of the month can't come soon enough.
>>
>>5414288
I'm nervously waiting for Omegamon to come, hopefully the cape won't be a letdown.
>>
>>5414288
The Bruce Lee figuarts right?
>>
>>5414376
Yep. I have zero else that I'm looking forward to until April, so it's putting just that much more focus on Bruce for me.
>>
>>5414384
I barely got into figure collecting and I pre ordered that a couple of days ago, I haven't been excited for anything for awhile now.
>>
File: img000015-1.png (104 KB, 194x491) Image search: [Google]
img000015-1.png
104 KB, 194x491
>>5414374
Every time someone posts about Omegamon, I misread it as OmegaMAN.
I need to stop getting my hopes up.
>>
>>5414418
As someone who doesn't know much about the series, it definitely doesn't seem like they're holding back on characters
>>
File: BAN160603[1].jpg (137 KB, 504x712) Image search: [Google]
BAN160603[1].jpg
137 KB, 504x712
>>5414016
>I just wish he had his crying face.

But he does, top right in the bottom left inset in >>5413851
>>
>>5414865
That is a sweating/panting face that they all have. Ashura's crying face is a very different thing.
>>
Ranma-chan and Bruce Lee
>>
>>5414455
They kind of are (they're following a survey they held more than a year ago), but Bandai is definitely being more thorough than what most people thought they'd be.

I just wonder if they'll ever give Ultimate Muscle/Nisei a chance, after they've blown through most of their potential Figuarts releases. If they make main character + 3-4 of the most popular characters, I'd be completely OK with it, y'know?
>>
Don't know if this was posted but I'll post it here just incase someone doesn't know this:

Toys R Us Japan exclusive Civil war premium box set (Captain America & Iron Man mk. 46)
>>
>>5404006
All made in China
>>
File: CY1ihOBU0AEaJF5[1].jpg (42 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
CY1ihOBU0AEaJF5[1].jpg
42 KB, 600x567
>>
File: CY1hTZYUAAAA_XL[1].jpg (40 KB, 571x823) Image search: [Google]
CY1hTZYUAAAA_XL[1].jpg
40 KB, 571x823
>>5415055
>>
File: CY1hTZYUQAA_GLv[1].jpg (40 KB, 473x857) Image search: [Google]
CY1hTZYUQAA_GLv[1].jpg
40 KB, 473x857
>>5415057
>>
File: CY1hTcbVAAAcHAK[1].jpg (46 KB, 599x857) Image search: [Google]
CY1hTcbVAAAcHAK[1].jpg
46 KB, 599x857
>>5415063
>>
File: CY1hTdEUoAAiZDA[1].jpg (51 KB, 593x1123) Image search: [Google]
CY1hTdEUoAAiZDA[1].jpg
51 KB, 593x1123
>>5415064
>>
>>5415064
prepare your anuses for the deluge of rape face bruce lee
>>
>>5415064
I can look past the torso gap and elbow flaps, but that whole crotch section is like, not good.
>>
>>5415081
Seriously. I just want the heads.
>>
Has Sailor Pluto been released by Bluefin yet? All of the sites that stocked preorders through Bluefin for her said end of December, but I have yet to see owner pics or even in stock.
>>
File: baaaw.jpg (49 KB, 350x297) Image search: [Google]
baaaw.jpg
49 KB, 350x297
>>5415013
>Ashura's crying face is a very different thing.

I always thought it looked retarded, even when I watched the anime as a kid 23 years ago. Those eyes look like something out of an old shoujo manga.
>>
File: baaaaw 2.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
baaaaw 2.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>5415096
Anime version.
>>
>>5415013
>>5415096
>>5415102
Betting it comes with Sunshine.
>>
>>5415096
>>5415102
Shit's fucking kawaii, son.
>>
File: Fenrir1451429895[1].jpg (576 KB, 1728x1965) Image search: [Google]
Fenrir1451429895[1].jpg
576 KB, 1728x1965
>>5415088
I think someone on MFC already got his/her Pluto from Anime-Island and it didn't came with the brown shipper box.

>TFW I have finally completed my Senshi.
>>
>>5415128
>tfw no Diana with Chibimoon

Pretty solid group photo.
>>
>>5401909
>"No way JO-53."
l a m a o
>>
>>5415013

Oh okay, my bad.

>>5415102
>>5415096

Oh shit son, that is some Glass Mask tier crying right there.
>>
>>5415055
>>5415057
>>5415063
>>5415064
>>5415068
Looks like an incredibly solid release, exactly what I wanted. Not sure why people are complaining about joint cut visibility, just buy statues you f/a/gs.
>>
>>5415055
>>5415057
>>5415063
>>5415064

Looking good, can't wait

>>5415068

>that toe joint

Hope that's not an indication of it being floppy and was just a goof.
>>
>>5415228
I wanna see the bad before I get it to see if its worse than Figmas.

Being dead serious neither look great or good to me.
>>
>>5415225
The issues people have could've easily been fixed. There shouldn't be glaring gaps in the joints, and the skin on the elbows shouldn't flare out. The crotch could've not looked like a charcoal diaper.
>>
>>5415230

At least the face looks like Bruce Lee and not Bruce Li.
>>
>>5415057
I don't know why they didn't make the bicep a single piece like the Kinnikuman or Ultra-act stuff.

Those hand sculpts are pretty sexy
>>
>>5415064
I need him just for this face. The accuracy in this is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>5415240
they really should have held off to give him awakening goku's new hips but I think max factory forced their hand.
>>
>>5415128
A lot of things might not get brown shippers anymore. Some figures are being made for us release now with bluefin stamped us specific boxes and they won't have shippers.
>>
>>5415323
Go away with this idea that Bandai's thonged-ass new hip design is any good, fwooshfag, it looks awful. Like japan's version of DCUC shit hips.
>>
>>5415329
Eh, the SHFSS Kuuga did it pretty well. If Bandai kept with that design, subsequent SHFs would've had far less obvious sculpt breaks in that area.
>>
>>5415250
The figma for Bruce Lee looks pretty bad I don't even think it's worth buying since the figma looks like Bruce Li.
>>
File: obiwantusi.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
obiwantusi.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>5415329
Eh not really, the new hips are great and it gets rid of the weird diaper look a bunch of the figuarts have.
>>
>>5415506
And replaces it with a thong and 6 times the sculpt break-up.
>>
Does anyone have those bootlegged Tamashii Burning Flame effects?

If so, the package they're in are all those small cardboard boxes or loose, and doesn't look like the original packaging correct? I want to get a bunch but I don't want shipping to screw me over.
>>
>>5415329
>>5415506
Agreed, it's not good on every figure. It works on Goku because 'folds' in the clothing mask the joints.
All honesty, it looks weird on Trunks and Kakashi, also results in less overall range.
>>
>>5415055
>>5415057
>>5415063
>>5415064
>>5415068
The faces are great and really impressive. Wish the same care went into his body sculpt, those solutions are really subpar.
>>
File: brucelee_promo_lg.jpg (42 KB, 451x800) Image search: [Google]
brucelee_promo_lg.jpg
42 KB, 451x800
>>5415063
>>5415057
>>5415055
So Bandai is entering into the hipstershit market now by making bobbleheads?
>>
>>5415730
Was this trying to push a message of some sort or did you just join together words randomly and hope for the best?
>>
>>5415482
Looks good. Gives me hope for Mace.
>>
>>5415508
Still beats a diaper with shit articulation.
>>
>>5415873
Nah. Go back to fwoosh where all the other know-nothing casuals belong.
>>
>>5415875
>Waaaaaah
>>
>>5415882
Cool retort, it almost shows effort.
>>
Is bruce today?
>>
>>5416092
Bandai's site says the 23rd, officially
http://www.bandai.co.jp/catalog/item/4549660018490000.html
>>
>>5415064
>>5415068
Are they using the traditional pull-down hips? Can he sit down?
>>
File: lee09.jpg (110 KB, 1500x1003) Image search: [Google]
lee09.jpg
110 KB, 1500x1003
>>5416157
It's kind of hard to tell. It looks like the upper leg connecting to the hip is a 3-piece system that may include a dropdown piece. I may be completely mistaken though. The one thing that gives me hope that there is a dropdown is in this pic >>5415064 where you can see a small little dot of background right through his crotch. That could very well be the negative space that dropdowns use for their action.
>>
>>5415045
I was wondering what that says. Any idea if there's anything extra/specia about the set? Or just packaged together?
>>
I bought a Tiger and Bunny figure from mandarake since it was super cheap to add to my order. Started to watch the anime and it's really depressing me now. I'm on episode 18. Will the ending be a good one? Are the other figures worth grabbing?
>>
>>5416548
no
>>
>>5416548
The ending was...alright. It really was a show that could have benefited with a season 2 (though I'm not sure how, given what happens to spoilers spoilers etc).

Wild Tiger One Minute, Barnaby Brooks/Barnaby Darkness ver., Lunatic, Rock Bison, Origami Cyclone are pretty solid, especially as you can get them cheap. Origami is a tad hindered in articulation due to design, Rock Bison is most likely the same.
>>
>>5416548
I think Tiger and Bunny are the only ones you need
The others aren't really worth it unless you really like the show, but if you have cash to spare and want to get them all then go for it. Except Rock Bison :^)
The ending is alright I guess.
There are also two movies, but you should only watch the second one since the first is like a retelling or whatever.
>>
>>5416556
Sky high, blue rose, and dragon kid are solid. Love sky high.
>>
I'll probably end up buying the whole set of the heroes then since I don't mind the show too much and enjoy the designs.
>>
File: file.png (507 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
file.png
507 KB, 600x399
Remember these?
>>
>>5416986
oh boy more generic anime girls
>>
>>5416561
The first is only half retelling
>>
>>5416986
FUCKING WHEN DAMNIT
>>
>>5416986
>>5417047
We can still get them if the light novels did well enough to warrant any sort of adaptation or if they decide to put them out for a 20th anniversary type thing. If they don't at least get shown by the end of 2019, then they're dead.
>>
Anyone got posing tips? Just got my first.
>>
>>5401655
newfriend here

How to even get them on time before they sell out?

I just want the turtles and Bruce Lee.
>>
File: o0328060012567386608-220x[1].jpg (9 KB, 220x402) Image search: [Google]
o0328060012567386608-220x[1].jpg
9 KB, 220x402
>>5417342
The model in pic isn't a figuarts but disregard that since figuarts moves kinda like a figma too.

http://www.tomopop.com/max-factory-wants-to-teach-you-how-to-be-a-poser-30738.phtml
>>
File: xTWv1Xf.jpg (621 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
xTWv1Xf.jpg
621 KB, 3264x2448
>>5417359
Thanks. I've only done some basic poses.
>>
File: NwZuMRI.jpg (494 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
NwZuMRI.jpg
494 KB, 2448x3264
>>5417365
And ebin maymays
>>
>>5417345
Lurk and find out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.