[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate BBTS so much. They say their prices are ridiculous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: bbts.gif (4 KB, 219x31) Image search: [Google]
bbts.gif
4 KB, 219x31
Why do people hate BBTS so much. They say their prices are ridiculous but from what I've researched they aren't at all. For example I was looking to buy the new figma link from GSC. The figure would cost about $42 with $17 shipping. From BBTS it's $47 and $5 shipping. BBTS is the cheaper option at least for me.
>inb4 troll thread
>>
I guess if you only buy a single import meme figure from a popular franchise it's more useful to ship it with your Marvel Legends and Transformers junk, but I buy at least 10 import figures a month. Overall it's much more efficient for me to ship them direct from Japan.

Also charging more just o get a pristine box instead of lowering the cost for a damaged box is a terribly kike-y practice and I just won't support it.
>>
>>5396135
never had a damaged box from them
also
>meme figure
>transformer junk
clever kek
>>
figma Motoko Kusanagi

BBTS: $59.99 + ~$8 shipping (5-8 days, usually towards the latter and that's not putting it in the pile of loot or the fact that their shipment wont arrive until March)
AmiAmi: ¥4、460 + ~¥1500 (3-4 days EMS, ships within a few days of release in February)

So, $65 (at cheapest) a month late, or $50 less than a week after release. Seems obvious to me.

I'll still go with them for western stuff because of their reliability and at least fair prices, but for anything Japanese I wouldn't touch them.
>>
>>5396129

Most of the time they are not the cheaper option for imports. I'll use bbts for western releases of figure because the price evens out like the new Goku (and there weren't too many options anyway). Most figma (and other lines) will be an extra 15-20 dollars over the cost+shipping from japan.

All western stuff I get from there if I can or feel like I need to pre-order it. Also their loot feature is neat.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-21-56-03.png (828 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-21-56-03.png
828 KB, 1440x2560
The prices are so fair.
>>
>>5396231
They are. If it will stop people from buying star wars trash, I'm fine with them.
>>
>>5396231
muh cost of importing, my reasonable markup
>>
Ive had issues with them in the past, and their customer service was terrible. I felt pretty burned and that's it, Im done. The cost of getting fucked is a bit too much for me.
>>
>>5396129
I don't think bbts is bad. I've bought from them before, both western items and imported Japanese releases. For some things they sell for a fair price, especially more popular and mainstream stuff. For other things I've bought, they sell at or above retail. And that can significantly more than the discounted amiami or hlj prices. Overall I still prefer importing and it's generally been cheaper. I imagine bbts is competitive for some people and you get some advantages like bring able to cancel preorders. Ultimately its personal preference so who cares...
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-22-12-13.png (763 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-22-12-13.png
763 KB, 1440x2560
The prices are so fair.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-22-13-40.png (730 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-22-13-40.png
730 KB, 1440x2560
The fair prices though.
>>
>>5396263
>For some things they sell for a fair price, especially more popular and mainstream stuff.

I've noticed the exact opposite. They generally charge scalper prices for figures with any modicum of rarity. This is usually less true with domestic figures. Most of the time they're at retail, but they'll charge more for more desired figures, or figures that are one per case, or they'll start to gouge prices if certain figures become rarer or more desired.

Their import prices are all over the fucking place, though. Some figures they'll charge right around retail. Others, they'll charge 2x-3x retail, for no real reason. Their prices for Star Wars Figuarts is just outrageous--And I don't even collect SW stuff.
>>
>>5396270
>>5396276
See:
>>5396236
>>
>>5396231
>>5396270
Imports, which of course you'd go to Amiami or HLJ for anyways, BBTS is and will be more about Western releases for a US based customer demographic.
>>5396276
High demand figure. They've got the case of 6 for 119.99(which is about $20 per figure), a tactic to get collectors to buy in for the full set rather than picking out the most popular one of the bunch. They did it during RotF with the Ice Cream Twins too. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS24893&mode=retail

You know what's a legitimate thing to hate BBTS for? Their shitty site. The way you can't exclude long sold-out items from your view list, or order things according to price, preorders, etc. Searching through their Clearance lists is a chore.
>>
>>5396298

Which Star Wars movie was The Hulk in?
>>
As someone who legitimately doesn't understand the difference between imported toys and non imported toys when it comes to retailers/distributors, how does that work? I mean, isn't everything made in China anyway? (or Vietnam I think for those turd Hasbro/TT TF's)

I can understand if it's the manufacturer that refuses to sell it to a western company for distribution here, and then BBTS or whatever has to go find some alternate way of getting them that increases the price, but that would be extremely dramatic right? And aren't the Bluefin releases on Amazon just barely higher in price than importing, especially when you take into account Amazon's free shipping?
>>
>>5396305
The one with the guys in capes fighting other guys in capes while shooting lasers and yelling out crappy one-liners every three minutes.
>>
>>5396303
Are you... Are you actually defending price gouging?
>>
>>5396135
Jesus, why is /toy/ so fucking toxic?
>>
my only issue with them is their either don't restock often enough, or they don't update their item's status on time.
>>
>>5396135
>but I buy at least 10 import figures a month

Fucking why? Are you just addicted at this point?
>>
>>5396315
For domestic releases, Hasbro or whomever pays to get them sent from china in huge crates on a boat. Then they ship them to the retailers (BBTS, Amazon, whomever) and since they sell in huge bulk the cost is low. It's different when BBTS has to secure orders from a Japanese company who can't give two shits about Americans wanting to buy their products. Luckily GSC and Bandai have gotten better about this, but it's still true for a lot of others. BBTS then has to go find some other source, usually a retailer like AmiAmi or HLJ. They get a break on shipping, but it's not as much as directly from the manufacturer. And it's usually by plane, which is much more expensive.

Bluefin is a bit different, they don't get a lot of things from Bandai in extremely high numbers like BBTS would from Hasbro, but it's much more than the average consumer would be able to do. Hence their lower prices. Bandai also understand there's a market for certain franchises in the US that they don't have back in Japan, like DBZ. They also have more money than GSC or others to throw at a business deal like they have with Bluefin. But Bluefin's been successful, so they're growing, which means they are getting more stock and expanding to more sub-retailers (your Image Animes, Amazon, local stores, Diamond, etc.). This is good for us, since it saves on shipping. They also have an shown an extraordinary amount of goodwill towards their customers, such as implementing the Gunpla parts replacement program or that time I bought the HG Barbatos a few hours after it came off a plane from JFK at NYCC.

But most of the time just buying from a Japanese retailer and paying for the more expensive shipping (albeit for a single figure) works out to a decent price especially with the weak yen. BBTS knows this, their customer base is generally older fans who are willing to throw in a $60 figma of a show they kinda like with their $400 monthly Pile of Loot.
>>
BBTS does have good prices on stuff. You just need to do your research like any other store. you shop around and find a good price that match your requirements.

If there are items that you can get them for much cheaper direct from japan, then get it from japan.

If the price is very close then it depends on what else you are buying.

If the price is very close then you have to look at the weight and the size of the item you want to get since international shipping goes up pretty quickly.

here's a good example:
figma Link: A Link Between Worlds ver. - DX Edition (which is a goodsmileshop exclusive)
http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-ROOT/figma/figma-Link%3A-A-Link-Between-Worlds-ver---DX-Edition/p/GSC_FIG_WD_EX032
Price is 6000 yen , shipping is 2000 yen total 8000 yen if you only get 1. that's around $68.16 if you buy more it'll be cheaper.

BBTS have it for $55.99 shipping is $5 = $61.

I only need 1, so I went with BBTS.

most of the people that hate BBTS are the ones that don't know how to shop around.
>>
BBTS is good for my non-scalped west shit, but I would only get bluefin releases from them as far as jap items, otherwise you're gonna get gouged out the ass.
>>
I got my revoltech alien queen for only 40 bucks. seems pretty fair to me.
>>
>>5396473
>$400 monthly Pile of Loot
This is pretty much why I use BBTS. Both convenient and addicting.
>>
>>5396337
When it's not price gouging? Yeah, sure. Or did you not catch the fact that the whole set is available at retail price?

Basically, BBTS doesn't want to be stuck with 5/6's of a case of dud figures because everyone cherry picked the 'good' figure. Given that most of their customers want the whole set anyways, it's only the ones who want JUST Phasma/Ice Cream Twins/Dragon Dildo Super who are left out in the cold. It's basically trying to incentivize folks to buy the whole set versus just one or two, which is basic business.

On the other hand, fuck ToyWiz, which not only scalps like crazy, but never, ever drops prices.
>>
>>5396129
The biggest rip off is Toywiz. Their prices are bullshit. BBTS is ok. They're real pros at what they do.
>>
>>5396135
where are you living in japan?
>>
I'm okay with BBTS. I don't use them at all for Star Wars and Marvel released because it's clear that they're over priced. I'm fine with their DBZ prices. It isn't much of a difference from amiami (including shipping) and their pile of loot option to have everything ship at once with one cost is life saving.

What I have an issue with is that they don't really give you updates on pre ordered figures. I pre ordered my premium Super Saiyan Vegetables in October with still no sign of him and I at least want a release date of my Bruce Lee SHF.
>>
ITT
> noobs who don't know what wholesale vs imports mean
> noobs who don't know wtf Bluefin actually is
> noobs who don't know about Star Wars regional licensing
>>
>>5399375
ToyWiz is by far the absolute worst. I put up with BBTS a bit, just because there are a couple things I buy now and then but aren't a complete ripoff. But holy shit, ToyWiz will gouge prices to the extreme.
>>
>>5396129
They aren't Japanese, and most people here are weebs
>>
Their website design is stuck in 1995, their sales menu is horrid to navigate because it doesn't exclude or label "sold out" items, and while most prices are okay, they do stupid shit like having a sale price, not selling out, then jacking back up to full price. I bet they still have those unwanted Piranacon reissues in stock, they couldn't move them on sale, so they went back up to full price. Real smart.
>>
>>5399243
Hasbro even said they were going to start selling cases of specific figures to BBTS and stores like that, but they haven't yet.
>>
>>5396324
Revenge of the sith?
>>
>>5396129
I used them for DBZ Figaurts mainly, or if I missed on a preodering of something else, with the pile of loot, it's actually a pretty good deal. I mainly use HLJ and a little bit of amiami for Japanese stuff tho.

Their prices can be fair or ridiculous, just get what's fairly priced there and the rest somewhere else, don't see what the big deal is.
>>
>>5396135
Stop being poor and stop being stupid about boxes that you're just going to throw away anyway.
>>
>>5396231
Isn't this price due to some new import law? They used to be on par with amiami and amazon iirc
>>
>>5396292
Blame Hasbro for stupid assortments, not retailers executed to cope with them.
>>
>>5400429
They did briefly back in late 2014...and canceled most of what was solicited for early 2015. There's still a listing out there for a case of SWB Vader in April but who knows if it'll actually materialize.
>>
>>5400530
I believe so. At least with Marvel/Star Wars imports. The new SHF Trunks is $49 compared to 4590 Yen. Disney's the ones fucking around on that from what I can tell.
>>
>>5400531

Didn't know Hasbro was in charge of Figuarts. senpai.
>>
File: IMG_7904a.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7904a.jpg
647 KB, 1920x1440
>>5400258
Yeah seriously, I can't get over how crazy their pricing is for Halo MegaBloks. They seem to think the SAW with a little orange paint in pic related is worth 15 bucks just on its own, I mean holy shit.
>>
File: NotOverPricedAtAll.png (93 KB, 589x759) Image search: [Google]
NotOverPricedAtAll.png
93 KB, 589x759
>They say their prices are ridiculous but from what I've researched they aren't at all.

Okay
>>
>>5400712
>I don't read threads before posting
Ok.
>>
>>5400765
Most of this thread is complaining about weeaboogeymen so nah no thanks
>>
>>5400772
It's really not, but OK.
>>
>>5400712
>japshit
I buy my glorious american toys from a glorious american website. Fly to Japan and buy your bullshit, then. Import it from some jap too. I support my USA economy. Pile of loot is awesome and they carry all Neca stuff for the best price around. Deal with it. Can't believe how many weaboos are on /toy/
>>
>>5400795
See >>5400797

Try again Ameritard
>>
>>5400797
>Fly to Japan and buy your bullshit, then.
You sure do have some stupid ideas. If you are so pro-american, then why even buy from a site that sells weeb toys?
>I support my USA economy.
Every toy you buy is made in China. So really you support the chinese economy.
You are basically a terrorist anon, thanks for ruining our country.
>>
>>5400524
Why would I spend more money? Foolhardy patriotism to support an American company?
>>
>>5400809
>Foolhardy patriotism to support an American company?

What is the Xbox crowd?
>>
>>5400809
You see, literally not one thing I buy, is cheaper other than BBTS. GI Joes (american as fuck, chump), NECA and marvel universe. Where else would I buy them cheaper? STFU and go buy toys from your moonsite
>>
>>5400841
Jin detected. Stop spending your wife's paycheck on useless shit, she earned that money, not you. If you were genuinely into white power, you'd grow up and not be playing with fucking toys, you manchild. /pol/ would probably string you from a tree if they ever met you.
>>
>>5400805
An obvious troll post that popped up afterwards. Ok. You see >>5396601

I'm not sure what to call you, but since you love rehashing shit that's already been discussed, plain retard seems apropos.

BBTS sucks for stuff that is not released domestically. They're fine for stuff that is.
>>
>>5400809
>/toy/ says boxes are worthless
>/toy/ wants a discount for slightly dinged ones
Shekels.
>>
>>5400633
>posts a fucking Hasbro Black Series Phasma amidst other whines
>dur hur Hasbro = Figurarts
>>
Bbts is cheap if you preorder or buy when they first come out but if something happens to go up in price, the bbts tries to sell them for scalper prices ie: the WoN ganondorf and Metroid 2 pack was like $40 if you preordered it but bbts charges $70 now.
>>
>>5401636
This so much. It's great for american based pre orders. Also for used toys in their clerence. But wait too long and fuck that
>>
Speaking of BBTS I just realized I fucked up a return pretty bad.

I wrote "321 somerset drive" as the street address instead of 321 SMC drive (somerset is the city). All the other information is correct.

How screwed am I? Gonna call them tommorow.
>>
>>5400531
>Blame Hasbro for stupid assortments, not retailers executed to cope with them.
>implying WalMart isn't the one dictating to Hasbro they want more bumblebees with every case of Star Wars figures
You don't say no to WalMart. Ever.

But seriously, WalMart pretty much has final say in what's in the cases.
>>
>>5400530
>Isn't this price due to some new import law?
What law?

>>5400627
>The new SHF Trunks is $49 compared to 4590 Yen. Disney's the ones fucking around on that from what I can tell.
US distribution would mean cheaper prices, rather than going through a second hand/reseller source if there's no official distributor in the US.
>>
>>5403927
The post office sometimes is pretty good at filling in the blanks when something like this happens. Go ahead and Google Map the address you gave them, and see if it turns up to your house correctly. Maybe Fed Ex will do the same.
>>
>>5403998
Not implying that at all. BBTS is the one having to cope with these dopey assortments of 1 hot figure and 7 unwanted lumps.
>>
>>5404004

BBTS's pricing never really makes any sense, though.

I mean, the Trunks isn't so bad, but they have Beerus for $51 even though he's like, 4150¥ or whatever.
>>
>>5403927
Did you use the extended zip code? [seven digit]-[four digit]?
>>
>>5400456
we're talking about action figures dude its all a big fucking deal
>>
>>5404096
Well it's the USPS and I sent it from Canada back to bbts for a replacement. Tracking has it in Illinois instead of Wisconsin, because of course the street address I used exists there. I just hope they don't actually deliver it to that address considering all the other information that conflicts with it.

>>5404203
No, they never gave me the full Zip, just the area.
>>
>>5396129
>The figure would cost about $42 with $17 shipping
from fucking where? are you ordering direct from gsc? link's $33 on amiami, and shipping is only going to be like $5 or 6 with slow poorfag shipping.
>>
>>5404431
if you put the zip code (for Wisconsin) it should be fine
>>
>>5404638
On Amiami you don't get the extra accessories.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.