[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toy Pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: toy_pizza_logo.png (119 KB, 656x656) Image search: [Google]
toy_pizza_logo.png
119 KB, 656x656
I've been a fan of the YT channel Toy Pizza for quite some time.
What do you guys think of it?
>>
>>5396006
SHIIIIILL

Shilling aside, i started watching them,, it irritates me though that they call themselves toy reviewers but just put the figure on a lazy suzan and talk about it.

they barely mention importaint things about the figure like proper articulation and what it scales with,

and it should have been a big clue to everyone when they said for their Glyos figs that they were making "a toy that they would want to play with"
fucking thing has 6 POA! even standard glyos figs have more than that.

Theyve got a certain style to them, a charisma maybe. but their show is horrible, so i honestly cant fathom how they got so popular.
>>
The waves coming off their logo is proof of how much they stink.
>>
I like them a lot! They make pretty good videos, but you have to get past the fact they don't focus 100% on reviewing and more on just talking about toys and how much they love them and their effect on people. They have an interesting view on things, considering the guy with the beard (his name is escaping me for some reason atm) works in licensing and used to work for many different toy companies. I like their videos
>>
they're just entertaining enough you don't cringe like 90% of youtube toy reviewers.
>>
File: photo[3].jpg (45 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
photo[3].jpg
45 KB, 509x509
>>5396006
entertaining for sure, but not the best reviewers. Jesse (the bearded guy) is objectivley the best one. Nikki (the asian) is alright but doesn't know shit. and cade, when he shows up, is the worst knows less then nikki and he wanted to do a naurto episode. Jesse has also said that he goes on here.
>>
>>5396152
>haters
Don't be a faggot who can't take any sort of negative opinion.
>>
File: Poy Tizza.png (1 MB, 1280x756) Image search: [Google]
Poy Tizza.png
1 MB, 1280x756
>>
>>5396152
>haters
wew, lad you have to be over 18.
>>
It's annoying as fuck, like, pewdiepie-tier annoying. However, these are the only toy review videos that actually have really good production, so I suck it up at watch them anyway.
>>
They seem like cool guys to hang out with. I like when Jesse starts talking about the history of certain toy lines, I find that stuff really interesting. Would love to be part of a collecting group of friends, that can go out to lunch and then take a trip to Toy Tokyo, which they did in an episode.

My friend wanted to go a place called Barcade in New York, which was a bar with a shit ton of arcade machines, and coincidentally enough Toy Tokyo was right down the block from it, so we stopped by there too. I didn't get anything, but I was really happy to get to just be there. Good day.

Thankyou Toy Pizza.
>>
Jesse here.

It's true, I do frequent 4Chan (daily). I've secretly been afraid of Toy Pizza showing up on /toy/ since it can be pretty merciless on here.
But I'm flattered you guys watch and I felt like everything you wrote in this thread is pretty fair.

You did bring up an interesting point...we aren't really toy reviewers. I never really thought of it before, but you are right. I'm personally more interested in the bigger story behind toy lines (like what lines came before it, inspired them etc) and let's face it there are plenty of options if you just want a straight up technical review. I guess Toy Pizza is more about the larger context of toys.

But, I must make a correction- Knights of the Slice action figures are not 6 POA, they are 9 POA, as well as having 7 pieces of removable armor. There were a myriad of reasons for not have 20+ POA on them, least of which is the sheer amount of debugging time added with each moveable joint.

It makes me happy to hear we don't make you cringe as much as other youtubers (they make me cringe too).

Also, love that image, whoever made that.

So thank you guys for watching and not totally gutting us.
>>
File: IMG_9298.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9298.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5396515
Hey Jesse. It took guts for you to come here and express your opinions on our opinions and even though I compared you to pewdiepie, I really think you guys have something special (unlike that dumb fuck). I just want to see improvement in the comedy areas (less instant replay shit). Good luck!
>>
>>5396515
Go back to reddit, fag.
>>
>>5396515
Just ignore the shitposters and everything will be alright.

Also, I just saw you guys covered Akantor and SHDA Black Zero. Immaculate taste. You guys ever consider doing robot toys like Chogokin or Revoltech?
>>
OP here. First off, no shilling! I noticed Jesse talking about /toy/ on a really early episode and I figured he would be on here.
Other than the shitposting, there is really good point being made here. I'm rewatching some of their more recent stuff and I totally agree, there are some cut out review stuff missing.

Also, SERBIA STRONG.
>>
>>5396087

Scale fags are the worst.
>hurr I can't reimagine my yaoi fanfic with batman, spider man, and grimlock cause they're not in scale with each other
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.