[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often to you get bullied for collecting toys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 22
File: IMG_9298.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9298.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: Hentai_baf15f_5791664.png (162 KB, 436x543) Image search: [Google]
Hentai_baf15f_5791664.png
162 KB, 436x543
I only get bullied online by other people on 4chan. Plz help stop cyberbullying. 1 (you) = one prayer.
>>
>>5395341
lol I think OP just wanted an excuse to use this photo
>>
Why is Ness bullying Charlie Brown?
>>
I don't know anyone in real life.
me = 1
bullies = 0
>>
>>5395545
This
I have no friends, I just have people I talk to at work and that's it
>>
I have never been bullied or tease by my collection because I only show it to people who are close to me. My acquaintances and extended family would definitely tease me if they new how much money I spend on my figures.
>>
I got bullied on /tv/ once for mentioning that I collect toys.
;_;
>>
>>5395547
This. Livin the dream.
>>
File: 1451360367352.jpg (67 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1451360367352.jpg
67 KB, 500x405
>>5395564
I get brutally bullied on /v/ if they even suspect that I collect toys. Then again, I get bullied on their for enjoying video games.
>>
>enter my local Barnes and noble
>I immediately the the facilities and take a dump
>then I do a bad job wiping and leave poop matter on my hand
>go to pop funko display and touch all of them with crap hands

I do this so no one can bully me.
>>
>>5395580
I haven't been on there for a while. Have the Smashfags began crucifying Donkey Kong Country yet?
>>
>>5395595
Why would they do that? What happened? Also, the smash fads crucify everything.
>>
>>5395585
You're my hero, anon.
>>
My like 2 friends think my figures are cool.
>>
>>5395585
>I immediately the the
What
>>
not at all, but Im pretty damn handsome and charming. I get "why?"s and "really?" alot, but not bullied.
>>
>>5395642
Something something le buttblasted K.Roolfags, something something le delicious tears. The whole thing is a mess
>>
>>5395718
Oh yeah. Well that's pretty much all of /v/, which is why I don't go there anymore. I mean I understand this 4chan and that is supposed to be the norm, but I enjoy video games to much to have deal deal with the /b/-tier shitposting and /fit/-tier egos that goes on all day everything. I know I sound like a newfag, but am I wrong for wanting to have a somewhat decent conversation about Super Smash Bros?

But yeah, more or less back to the point, having toys (or anything vidya merchandise) is irrationally shamed there.
>>
>>5395779
Sorry for all the grammar fuck ups. I hate typing on my phone.
>>
>>5395779
>know I sound like a newfag, but am I wrong for wanting to have a somewhat decent conversation about Super Smash Bros?

Considering /v/ hasn't been the place to have a decent conversation about any video game in years, you sound more than just a newfag.
>>
>>5395783
Well I guess I've just been completely delusional. I've been browsing since 2010 and it seemed more tame them.
>>
>>5395779
/v/ gets really up in arms if you have even a sliver of pride in your interests. The board has become a parody of itself.
>>
File: satsuki-sama (2).jpg (1 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
satsuki-sama (2).jpg
1 MB, 3104x1746
nobody bullies me but the few that criticize me wishes that they had the money to spend on collecting anything at all.

psh, they have children to support.
>>
My family sort of bullies me telling me my collection takes up space, I "rarely touch what I have and only get more", and treat me like I have some sort of hoarding issue and 0 self control with my money.
>>
>>5396340
Do you live with your family and keep your toys all over the house?
>>
Never. Granted, I'm not flaunting my power level everywhere I go, but some people still know and say nothing or are actually impressed with some of the stuff I have.
>>
>>5396354
Just in my room.
>>
>>5396599
Then why do they care so much? Weird.
>>
>>5395390
>Blockhead spotted
>>
I only get bullied by /v/

Most of the people I know don't bully, if anything they wish they could find cool toys too.

Others also collects. I know a guy with a Hot Toys collection. Incredibly jelly.
>>
File: 1447216581350.png (244 KB, 1087x634) Image search: [Google]
1447216581350.png
244 KB, 1087x634
I've never gotten bullied irl for collecting. I have one other friend who is really into it but unfortunately can't collect many things since he still lives with his parents, and they freak out about all of his hobbies.

My other friends are also nerds/weebs so they generally think my stuff is cool. Especially if its from a series they like.

>mfw I have pretty chill friends
>>
i have no friends, but my family does bring up the classic ''you're too old to keep buying kid toys, anon'' pretty often
>>
File: colorscheeme.jpg (801 KB, 1024x1055) Image search: [Google]
colorscheeme.jpg
801 KB, 1024x1055
A little backstory first, I was the first in my group of friends to move out and start living on my own about 7 years ago. A few of them to this day still live with their parents. Eventually, I was living on my own, in a pretty decent sized apartment, where I had a pretty decent collection nicely spread out and displayed among two rooms and a living room. My friends are all aware of my collection of random toys, figures, statues, etc; in fact they actually were the reason I got into the whole thing in the first place, so not only are they OK with it, they do it themselves.

This event happened about 2 years into living there, when a group of friends came over and we all hung out. One of our friends shows up with a random girl around our ages, and by random I mean no one but the friend knew who she was and didn't know why he brought her, he wasn't one of those guys that goes around with random girls, and we all knew there wasn't anything serious going on between them, so it was odd to say the least. I didn't think much of it, I let them in and honestly I was happy to have people over my house to spend time with.

Soon later the woman starts "bullying" me for my collections, the pictures on the wall, the games being played on the TV, pretty much everything I had to my name, she had a little insult about. Worse yet, the guy who brought her egged her on and put up this little act and started joining in with her, even though the guy is the BIGGEST FUCKING WEEABOO I know. Eventually they all left and I was there wondering what happened, Time past, and I moved out of the apartment to be closer to my job. To this day all the stuff I had collected and displayed previously sits in boxes in my bedroom and living room.

I don't know why the shit the "friend" and the random woman he brought with him affected me as much as it did, but it did. I can't see the guy without immediately thinking about that day, and he probably didn't even think much of it, the stupid motherfucker
>>
>>5397047
She triggered you so hard you became a tumbl.
>>
File: seal.png (191 KB, 365x266) Image search: [Google]
seal.png
191 KB, 365x266
>>5397047

Honestly he probably only sided with her because he was trying to fuck her. I'm glad he's out of your life now because he sounds like a hypocritical fuck-tard.

I hope you can rekindle your passion for collecting anon, and if not. I hope you find joy in another hobby.
>>
File: peajkghik.jpg (28 KB, 349x297) Image search: [Google]
peajkghik.jpg
28 KB, 349x297
>>5397060
Thanks for the (You)

Have one yourself.
>>
File: 1372418640682.jpg (63 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
1372418640682.jpg
63 KB, 453x668
Its nice to have a weaboo friends.
>>
>>5396994
Pics?
>>
>>5395326
never. But i have got strange looks by friends and family because of my lewd loli and ero figures.
>>
>>5396606
He's spending $1000+ a month on toys and won't move the out
>>
>>5396332
I have 4 kids, my wife stays at home with them and we still manage to collect things like Hybrid Action and Re:Edit. I think your friends r just salty because they have shit jobs and hate life.
>>
>>5397047
She a fag soon, my gf is down with my vinyl. Our room is literally sex toys, pvc statue bitches and figure cases.
>>
>>5397047
Why didn't you give them the boot?
>>
no becuase no one knows about it
>>
my mom's side of the family have the same interests. My aunt and cousin both collect the same kinda shit I do. Mainly the higher end stuff, though.

>>5397047

nigga you should've pointed out the he was a huge weeb so he couldn't fuck her
>>
How old are you to still be being bullied?
>>
>>5397867
>you can get "bullied" at any age in different ways. It's not always about being shoved in lockers y'know
>>
>>5397876
People stopped bullying when I got to college. Everyone is too busy to cause trouble. My job had one guy try. Everyone told him to fuck off so he stopped. Bullying someone takes a lot of effort.
>>
>>5397876
Whoops didn't mean to green text that
>>
>>5397881
Well in this context, let's just call it harassing. You're overthinking it.
>>
>>5395687
Same. I just reverse it on them ("why do you enjoy football?" "why do you have so many purses?") and they just kind of accept it. Had a girl over last night who wanted to try transforming some of my Valks.
>>
I'm an adult so... never?
>>
>>5398029
>implying adults can't be bullied
>>
File: final.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
I'm really open about collecting figures, video games, and anime bullshit. I think it's cool so I treat my hobby like it's cool, because it is lol. So all my friends are aware, and generally think its cool. Not the figures and properties themselves, just that I am so into something and really don't give a shit what other people take away from it.

One time I was having a small party at my place and a group of girls I know brought a friend over that immediately starting talking shit. Calling me a virgin, saying that I fucked my toys, ect ect. She went on so long that people eventually stopped what they were doing and just stood there in silence listening to her. When she was done one of the girls that brought her said "are you done?" then went on to dog the fuck out of her. Eventually the rest of the girls that brought her started collectively ganging up on her calling her a rude and a bitch and she left.

Fast forward to now and she is fronting like she's into this shit because it's cool to like Dragonball now. Fuck her lol.
>>
>>5395326
Nah at my age I just get bullied for being a middle aged white manlet.
>>
Never. I put only a few out at a time and make scenes/dioramas. People are usually pretty impressed, but then again I don't hang out with a bunch of fucks either.
>>
>>5395564
Lol, I'd rather collect toys than obsess over celebrities like a teenage girl. This is coming from someone who browses that place just as much if not more than /toy/. Half the threads are celebrity gossip nowadays
>>
>>5402129
I doubt the gossip there is worse than /v/
>>
>>5395326
No one. I'm good looking and I'm socially functional.

Besides, it helps that nowadays everybody wants to be "geeky".

Also, I self deprecate my own hobby so it looks like I don't really care about it.
>>
>>5402183
>Also, I self deprecate my own hobby so it looks like I don't really care about it.

That's a sign of insecurity. You don't have to be full blown autistic about your dumb toys, but believe me, people notice when you do shit like that.

Believe me, I've tried
>>
>buying a Disney infinity figure at the self checkout
>it needs a security check
>Lady comes over and asks what the age rating on the product is
>"3+"
>"You'll have to come back with your parents"
nice bit of cheeky banter really
>>
>>5395326

Never because I'm not in school.
>>
>>5402183
> I'm good looking
pic or gtfo
>>
>>5402427
This
>>
>>5402239
Should invited her to get a cheeky Nandos with you.
>>
>>5397910
>girl over last night who wanted to try transforming some of my Valks
That's how you get $300 paper weights.
>>
File: a0289980369_10.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
a0289980369_10.jpg
186 KB, 1000x1000
>>5397047
YOU JUST GOT WHITE KNIGHTED SON
>>
>>5402183
>I self deprecate my own hobby so it looks like I don't really care about it.
An air of "I don't care" goes a long way.
>>
The shocking twist is that I'm the bully /anon/.
>>
>go to my local mall tonight
>forget that it's Wednesday night, the mall is dead during weekdays
>want to go to the Disney store and buy their exclusive Rey
>walk by, see that there is no one in there but the employees
>get extreme anxiety and drive home
Jesus Christ, what's wrong with me?
>>
>>5395326
>How often to you get bullied for collecting toys
If your still in school and talk about toys, I can see this happening.

But as a grown ass adult, no one option matters but your own.
>your money
>your life
>your rules
Do what makes you happy.

And yes, I had people talk shit about my toy collections, but who gives a fuck of what they think.
>>
>>5395580
>caring what /v/ thinks
These are the same people who say liking girls with dicks is not gay
>>
>>5395585
>go to pop funko display and touch all of them with crap hands
Doing god's work
>>
I bully myself. I feel like shit for spending my disability money on anime toys because I feel guilty for not working. I fucking can't work though and my life is pretty shitty and weeaboo shit cheers me up so fuck it.
>>
>>5404099
Are you the "can't talk" guy?
>>
File: 1447457004081.jpg (34 KB, 506x493) Image search: [Google]
1447457004081.jpg
34 KB, 506x493
By friends, hardly, and I dont talk to those people anymore for generally being a dick about everything.

On FB if I ever had an argument or debate, first thing they would say is "oh he plays with toys look at all his pictures,opinion discarded anon". Normies are cruel and cold, yet incredibly arrogant and naive.
>>
I'm still in college, and my parents give me shit for it sometimes. I still keep my collection in their house since I can't fit all my stuff in a dorm. I'm making 9.50 an hour plus tips which is pretty nice for somebody with little experience. I spend most of the money I make on vidya or figures and my dad always goes "ARE YOU GONNA GO TALK TO YOUR FIGURINES?? WHAT'S THIS ONE'S NAME" but he doesn't mean any harm out of it. My mom is just annoyed that I get so many packages in the mail.
>>
>>5407281
Well are you gonna talk to your figures?
>>
File: 1449758777387.png (589 KB, 569x1002) Image search: [Google]
1449758777387.png
589 KB, 569x1002
>>5397047
I had friends like this once. My point of division with them wasn't toys but fitness, I got seriously into weightlifting and boxing at university and became the only member of my hometown social circle who wasn't a landblimp or thank mr skeletal.

Eventually things came to a head, and they started bullying me for being fit. So I simply cut them entirely out of my life, and never had a single regret about it.

Friends are supposed to be people who support and uplift you, not tear you down like a crab in a bucket. Remember, unlike family you absolutely can pick and choose your friends. Buy a glass cabinet, arrange your toys, find new non-shitty friends and enjoy your life.
>>
>>5398459
When they pull this shit all I can think about is how their shoes/handbags/makeup/smartphone contract/spa sessions/vajazzle cost more than most people's entire toy collections, and have a much shorter lifespan and resale value.

At the risk of sounding like a classic misogynist it's almost like a certain breed of woman resents you having an interest in something that doesn't carry any social or cultural capital, that you only like out of a deep-seated personal love. They can't process that, somehow.
>>
Never, I don't know anybody that isn't a colossal nerd with shameful hobbies of their own.
>>
>>5412405
Every body has something they collect, it's in our nature to collect shit. For some they collect clothes or guns or cars, we just happen to collect toys. Obviously if you're trying to connect with some one them sharing your tastes or at least being partial to your collecting will go a long way.
>>
>>5412461
I collect welfare checks
>>
I never got bullied for my action figures, and in fact always seem to get positive reactions from my collection. I collect Lego, kaiju vinyls, and Marvel figures so nothing too unknown to people.

I've always worried someone will come around and bully me for it, but their loss in the end. As long as they don't break or steal anything.
>>
File: 300px-0782-CWCSpread.jpg (38 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
300px-0782-CWCSpread.jpg
38 KB, 300x225
No one cares enough to bully me.
>>
>>5395326
My parents tell me I'm weird but they would think that even if I didn't collect toys. Even then I don't really tell people I collect toys, or any of my hobbies.
>>
File: 71L-jpoihhL._SL1500_.jpg (155 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71L-jpoihhL._SL1500_.jpg
155 KB, 1500x1500
My friend has nearly 50 amiibos.

I don't give him a hard time for it, seeing as I've got 11 myself.

Collecting is collecting, that's all it is.
>>
File: vdj8mhwn5kgsn5gmwnl5.png (243 KB, 460x413) Image search: [Google]
vdj8mhwn5kgsn5gmwnl5.png
243 KB, 460x413
>>5395326
I only get "bullied" for my life choices, grammar/typos and other fun items while on this site.
Everyone in the real world is pretty cool with what I do.
>>
>>5414119
I'd bully someone with 50 amiibos
>>
>>5414168
Same
>>
>>5395326
Not at all. Mainly because I'm not currently in education and I don't tell people about it unless it somehow becomes relevant. It very rarely does become relevant.
>>
File: 2002.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2002.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>5412396
>find new non-shitty friends and enjoy your life.

haha
>>
File: 1449914397106.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1449914397106.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>buying lego
>self serve out of order
>go through cashier
>they give me shit for buying $250 of lego
really starting to think i should just buy it from the lego store since they give free shipping over $200 and only cost 2-3 dollars more per item than cheapest retail
do those VIP points ever come in handy or are they just some flybuys bullshit you will never use?
>>
>>5414516
>>go through cashier
>>they give me shit for buying $250 of lego
I would have just made a comment that they had a cashier job where $250 of anything would put them in bankruptcy.
>>
>>5414516
I don't know why cashiers do that. I personally would be pretty jelly of something like that and if they didn't seem too awkward about it I'd try make a comment on it or a bit of banter. That said years ago I got shit from some chick when I was buying stuff so I asked her if I could speak to her manager. That shut her up quickly.
>>
>>5414516
As far as the Lego VIP program, every dollar you spend gives you 1 point and 100 VIP points can be redeemed for $5, basically VIP members get $5 for every $100 spent, but you can sometimes earn points faster when they do double points events some days or sometimes double points when you buy a specific set
>>
>>5412396
>Friends are supposed to be people who support and uplift you, not tear you down like a crab in a bucket. Remember, unlike family you absolutely can pick and choose your friends

Good advice
>>
>>5414556
This. If a cashier tries to talk shit about you or whatever you're buying then just ask them if you can speak to the manager. Usually that's enough to spook them off giving you further shit.
>>
>>5395326
I am an adult with several personal and professional accomplishments that demonstrate my mature, responsible, and productive life style. Its important toy collecting does not define who you are as it should only be a hobby. Anybody, toy collector or not, should strive to represent themself well and put down assholes when they get obnoxious.
>>
>>5397047
I'm mad for you. Hope she gets raped
>>
File: 1450051487466.png (10 KB, 188x145) Image search: [Google]
1450051487466.png
10 KB, 188x145
>>5412396
>they started bullying me for being fit

The fuck? This is like some bizarro world shit
>>
>>5395341
>>5414163
Same here.
>>
>>5414516
>they give me shit for buying $250 of lego

Report them to their manager/supervisor.

What kind of fucking retard register jockey gives their customers shit for spending a shit load of money all at once? Get that prick fired or at least a telling off from their boss.
>>
>>5395564
If you go to any board and talk about stuff from another board they tell you to go back to ____Fill in the Blank____. Even some of the older mods used to do this a few years back but in the form of bans that would say "Keep /toy/ shit on toy"
>>
>>5395585
If this wasn't Pasta I'd be so happy right now.
>>
>>5397087
>weaboo
What does the word "weaboo" mean ?
>>
File: 1452910883866.jpg (133 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1452910883866.jpg
133 KB, 640x853
>>5397321
I'll move out in 10 years once I turn 51. Maybe!
>>
File: 1434782156952.gif (3 MB, 167x190) Image search: [Google]
1434782156952.gif
3 MB, 167x190
>>5395326
To be honest, I bully myself. When my friends saw them they liked them and told me to stop being ashamed.
>>
>>5395326
My boss tried to give me shit for being a collector, but I held fast.
The next day he asked me to help him out with a christmas gift for his son: I hooked him up with some gunpla and nippers.
A week later I got a 20% raise.
>>
>>5417681
it was a made up word that replaced 'wapanese' back in the early 2000s when that word got filtered on 4chan for being used to much, it was the first word to be filtered here iirc

so a weeaboo or or weeb is basically the kind of cringy autistic person who's way too far into anime and Japanese stuff pretty much, you know the sort
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.