[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenomorph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
File: XenomorphXX121.png (864 KB, 640x820) Image search: [Google]
XenomorphXX121.png
864 KB, 640x820
So I'm currently looking for a good quality Xenomorph figure.
What one do you guys recommended?

I would rather one that has more weight to it but theres just so many to choose from.
>>
File: IMG_2499.jpg (321 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2499.jpg
321 KB, 1600x1200
>>5393286
im looking for one that looks the most like the one in your pic, but unfortunately the only one like that sis from the $80 AVP set
>>
I feel like this has been asked so frequently it should be stickied.

Also inb4 neca shit poster comes in here to tell us all how much he hates neca.
>>
Just buy some current Neca aliens and be happy OP.

There is no best figure and there is no best line.
>>
>>5393286
Neca Dog Alien
Neca Warrior Alien (comes in brown, blue, black, red)
Neca Big Chap (though I never really liked the original design in its entirety, it was much scarier when you couldn't see the whole alien)
Neca Isolation Alien (an improvement over Big Chap in my opinion)
>>
>>5393286
Necca dog alien is the best.
>>
>>5393446

Any Canadians in here found the isolation alien at retail? If so, where?
>>
>>5393468
Don't tell me you Canadians are being c.ucked like us Britbongs.

Murrica has had Isolation figures for ages.
>>
I have a neca alien and it looks really good but has fucking awful poseability
>>
>>5393480

Yeah, our crappy version of Amazon usually doesn't even sell them directly either, it's always overpriced thirdparty sellers.
>>
>>5393296
The one in the pic is the AvP warrior. Neca is releasing one in April.
>>
Just buy all the Neca ones. Mediocre sculpt and quality, but they are cheap and you can hive build them easily.
>>
>>5393286
I really like my pak spitter.
>>
>>5393298
This. No other question appears here more frequently.
>>
>>5393286

I just got the Monster arts Alien Warrior and he is awesome. He's on clearance right now at B.B.T.S
>>
>>5395596
How big is he?
>>
File: NEC12783.jpg (39 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
NEC12783.jpg
39 KB, 752x564
>>5393296
>im looking for one that looks the most like the one in your pic
Neca has one in the works right now.
>>
>>5395691
Tiny. It's like 1:18 scale.
>>
>>5393286
are you the space opera fag? just fucking buy something already
>>
>>5396033
>Grid paint
>full tail

Why? Grid got his tail cut off before the net cut him. At no point in the film did he have a complete tail and net scars at the same time.
>>
So is NECA just the accepted best ones?
>>
>>5402163
I dunno, m8.
comparing
>>5396033
to
>>5394045
I would think otherwise. But it really comes down to personal preference.
>>
>>5402206

PAKs are pretty shitty, and generally cost about, 5x as much as a NECA, and are really only a little bigger.

I recently bought the PAK Variant Predator, and I thought it was one of the worst Predators I've ever owned.
>>
>>5402163
No, not at all. But the are the best quality vs. price, plus they are just doing so many of them.
>>
File: 1425187575092.png (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1425187575092.png
16 KB, 400x400
>>5400782
>Why?
It's a two-folded objective.
01: To make it easier to spot autists who bitch for months about silly things, so normal people can stop following them in twitter and such.
02: To punish people who actually care for the steaming pile of shit that movie is.
>>
>>5402163
No, it's more of a quality/price ratio + variety.
There are other brands doing great Xenos, Revoltech for examle has some very nice ones, but they are more expensive and offers much less models.
>>
>>5400782
who says its THE one xenomorph from AVP and not just one Xenomorph from the AVP franchise who happened to get his face smacked on a grid without getting his tail cut off?
>>
>>5402417
They're very hit or miss. Judging the aliens based off how the predator is doesn't really make any sense.
>>
I like the sh monsterarts big chap. Some people cry about the dome being too transparent. But it looks really good in a darker environments.
>>
The SH Monsterarts Alien warrior gets my vote. The only Neca Alien I think reaches that level of quality is the Queen. The SHMA has a ton of articulation and is able to vary between quadrupedal and bipedal stances naturally.

A lot of people really like the Revoltech Big Chap, but I have no experience with it.
>>
>>5403385

Only thing I kinda dislike about Revo and SH Aliens are the size. I love that NECA uses 9 inch Xenos.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>5402417
Only issue I have with them is the price. I got a ridiculous deal for him on the bst though.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>5403555
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5403558
>>
File: s3.jpg (221 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
s3.jpg
221 KB, 1224x1632
>>5403555
>>5403558
Damn that's actually a pretty nice size compared to Figma Samus, it looks like it'd make a nice 'praetorian' to go with my Revoltech xeno warrior.

It's a shame I'll never own it since the prices are fucking insane.
>>
>>5403385
Your post is a bit misleading, yeah it can switch between bi and quadruped but I would hardly call it natural. As is seen in your picture, the only way the tail looks good is in a scorpion-esque pose, the way it's designed leaves it with a permanent arc that doesn't let the tail droop naturally at all, you can't have it, say.. scittering through air vents, because the only way the tail looks like it's supposed to be posed is in ways like the picture.

I was so disappointed by this because I love the figure otherwise, even if the diecast tail tip does often make random segments of the tail fall off. It was just too ambitious of a design, sure it looks better than the bendy wire, but the bendy wire served the revoltech and neca figures well enough, and the monsterarts easily has the worst tail of all the xeno figures.

The inner jaw and its mechanism also make the head pretty flimsy.
>>
>>5403385

Wait are xenos hands and feet really that gigantic? I can't tell if it's just the perspective or what but those feet and hands look cartoonishly big.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.