[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do bandai make there own versions of the super sentai mechs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
why do bandai make there own versions of the super sentai mechs, i mean 1 new mold is 5 times as expensive as a remold
>>
>>5392216

Who knows, sucks we never got GekiTohja SRC
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 600x468
>>5392251
>daibouken never
>>
>>5392216
What? You want them to stop making sentai mechs? You do realize is the only one making these right?
>>
no i want bancai to import the molds
>>
Lots of reasons, actually.
For the amount it costs to downgrade the original for Bandai of America(note the distinction), they are saving in terms of assembly cost, shipping cost, and are able to provide a cheaper product to a consumer base that is increasingly less likely to buy in to the large mecha as we get further and further away from MMPR.

Also, it's a bit disingenuous to say that these days, as Toys R Us has been selling a few of the original Japanese versions lately, it's just that no one wants them.

So unless you can find a way for them to bring over the original versions for 20 bucks a pop, just accept your downgrades.
>>
Bandai America doesn't want people to have nice things
>>
>>5392216
>i mean 1 new mold is 5 times as expensive as a remold

You're thinking like a Transformers fan, regurgitating shit hasbro execs tell you at Botcon panels to keep you satisfied with your jet Blast-off and Repaint wars in general. BoA already budgets their Power rangers line to be entirely different than the Japanese one, the only thing they reuse is designs(for example, they never use the vinyl stuff or any other Japanese ranger toys, despite there being plenty available. ) Why? Because the cheaper figures probably guarantee them more retail space and more frequent orders from store; Japanese Megazords would likely cost around $60 now even factoring a mass production run if released in a Power rangers toyline. Nowadays, it's very rare to have $60 "regular" toys, unless there's a gimmick(electronics/app interaction, size, or such.) Toy fans may see the benefit in the diecast parts and detail of those Japanese DX toys, but to a parent who doesn't care, they see a $60+ toy, compared to a $20 Titan Hero Hulkbuster that's bigger, and has electronics. They see the Hulkbuster as the better value.
>>
>>5393525
Then they wouldn't be Zord Builder compatible
>>
>>5392309
Only garage manufacturers are allowed to make Sentai gokins so poorshits like you will never get to experience it's glory.
>>
>>5393625
Honestly, I don't see the value in diecast myself. I'd prefer plastic in most cases. Unfortunately, most of the figures I want include it and thus I am forced to pay more.
>>
>>5395968
Fuck people who don't appreciate beautiful, delicious, hefty diecast. You are a heathen.
>>
>>5392274
>go buster Ace never
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.