[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D.D. Panoramation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
So what do you all think? Pretty cool, and yes there's the backgrounds we can build, but do you think they're worth the price of admission?
>>
With the first release bonus Saga might be worth it. And Seiya is at a fair enough price. That said, this line, though cool in concept, may not have the needed legs. The figures are fairly basic, though well done, especially for only 10cm. But then when you can get shodo vs or shodo neo figures at under 10 dollars each then suddenly these seem a little oddly priced. Not to mention the commitment bandai has to make. All 12 gold saints plus the 5 bronze is 17 releases. Then if they use exclusives suddenly they're hindering people from building larger constructs with the pieces... I don't know. It's cool in concept but it's a big risk and monetary commitment (unless you just want a few or what not, which is kind of how I'm feeling about it at the moment), I feel, to try to get into the line. But then at Saga's price, who for moose and goose money is over 60 dollars... That's pretty steep. Though the Athena statue skews it a bit.
>>
Is there a place to even order this shit?
>>
>>5389814
Actually, HLJ's opened up their orders, but Gemini doesn't even mention the first order bonus. I'm hesitant to order from them, given that they've had issues with first order bonuses in the past.
>>
Saga's face still looks mediocre, his hairstyle follows the design of the hades-hen but it would be much better if they used his original design from the 80s, the shirt cloth part still looks huge as fuck, the stand platforms are trash and the statue looks lame.
>>
>>5389826
Definitely order from someone who actually mentions it. Cdjapan still has the listing for Gemini up.
>>
>>5390031
Thanks, my only problem now is that they ONLY have Gemini. I've got both preordered on HLJ, I'm going to see if they answer me by Monday. If not, I'll order both separately. Needs me that Athena.
>>
>>5390101
So you think they're worth it? Are you going all in with the line?
>>
>>5388742
It seems to me that with the small size, they are trying to improve on the old shitty vintage figures

On the other hand, I'm afraid they may decide to stick with this new line, which seems awfully feasible considering how brutally expensive the latest EX figures have been

Also, talk about boring, going over with the 12 goldies over again for the 4th fucking time
>>
>>5390293
I've already invested in H.A.C.K.S. and I got the Saint Seiya DX stage on HLJ's clearance.

The moment I realized it was 1/18(or approximate), I was all-in. If Amiami posted a preorder, I missed it, but it looks like it's on their Japanese site still.
>>
>>5390310
The figure mold is pretty much the same as the EX but smaller and with some changes like the face sculpt and the torso (wich is now a single piece). Other than that, it has less articulations and less extras. It's like an inferior version of the EX.
>>
>>5390312
Nah, they didn't post an English preorder. And I see. I've been collecting the Shodo lines so I've started a little ~1/18 collection as well (the DB figures are quite small) so I've been considering it. The price is what's scaring me off a bit. I guessed the shipping box would be approx 1kg, so in CAD that would cost me $112 for 2 figures and a diorama. Vs say Shodo Vs where I'd buy a box of 10 for approx 60, sell off the extras and it would be pretty cheap overall. I'd like to see them first but I feel like I may regret it if they sell out. Maybe at least Saga for his bonus... They're sure to reissue Seiya, right?
>>
>>5390337
For me, it's JPY to USD, so it's a lot less scary for me. Pegasus'd probably be the one to pick up later, simply because there's nothing else tacked on for him, whereas Gemini's just instantly buy-now.

I'd suggest looking into Kiwami Tamashii if you can, it's about the same scale and it's some of the more modern Riders. I just got the last of Kuuga's line, they're fantastic
>>
>>5389564
Eh.... I'd be more interested if we were going to get other folks besides just the Bronze and Gold Knights. Saga as Pope Ares was be a no brainer and Shyna and Perseus and other one-off villains would be cool.
>>
Fuck Amiami for not putting these up on the English site. It's not even sold out on the Jap site yet. Fuck them.
>>
>>5391077
Just buy them elsewhere...
>>
>>5391077
My best guess, based upon how they answered me, is that they're contractually obligated to sell to their Japanese customers. I'm hoping that, come Monday, they open up proper preorders for the First Order run, as a week seems like a fair amount of time to give the local market a run at them before opening to the international market.
>>
Fuck that noise, I want cloth myths of characters who haven't gotten ones yet
>>
File: PicsArt_10-28-01.35.45.jpg (473 KB, 2136x1330) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_10-28-01.35.45.jpg
473 KB, 2136x1330
Seems like a shitty buy to me. The cloths aren't removable and at 10 cm they're way too small. The sets are kind of nice but they look pretty bland as well. For now I'll just stick to my overpriced EX figures, Deathmask is due this month and he looks fantastic to me.
>>
>>5391121
Not sure how you think they're 'too small'. Unless we get them in-hand and they're easily breakable, I'd expect them to be as good as Shodo figures, which are pretty nice. If you mean 'don't scale with the stuff I already have', I don't know that they're trying to reach you in particular over the 'new' market they're pushing at with the 1/18 scale
>>
I think the concept is pretty awesome. I'd like to see it expanded to other franchises that they hold the license for, but that's a bit difficult. There aren't many series that have something quite so iconic as the concept of the Sanctuary.

I guess Sailor Moon has the Silver Millennium (which is already super similar in style), or maybe you could have one of the random alien planets they visit in Dragonball, but otherwise, it's a bit iffy. Maybe Ranma and the dojo?

I dunno. Love the concept, but since I'm not a huge Saint Seiya fan, I won't be buying them.
>>
>>5391135
I would have preferred a 1/12 scale as they had already shown a Myth Cloth line at that scale but I guess it might have been scrapped for this. The EX figures are already too large to scale with my SHF so I don't want to dive into a third scale now.

As long as the Specters continue to be released then I'll be fine.
>>
>>5391117
The Omega myth cloths were cancelled because nobody wanted them.

What we SHOULD have a this point are new versions of these losers.
>>
>>5391121
>The cloths aren't removable
That's the biggest turn off for me. Even some gashapons had removable cloths.
>>
>>5391149
i think at one point there was plans to have the photonic labs from mazinger z for the src line.
DBZ could easyly have namek, kamis place, hyperbolic time chamber, kame house.
>>
>>5390101
HLJ got back to me:
"Thank you for writing. According to Bandai, all initial release version of the D.D.Panoramation Gemini Saga will come with the bonus Athena statue, so we believe our stock will come with it too. We will update our product page as we get more information."

So yeah, keeping a preorder with them until Amiami gets their shit together, may just keep it out of spite at this point.
>>
Is Saint Seiya worth a read? It's always been on my list but I've never gotten to it.
>>
>>5402908
It's hard to find the entire series in english at this point. Most sites are missing major chunks of important arcs or they have them and they are terrible quality. Though if you can read spanish or italian its easier to find the entire series with decent quality.

The series is fun and mindless, it's a fairly standard shounen manga.
>>
So these are 4 inches? The price is a tad steep, for something that small even with the diorama pieces.

I kind of want to wait for reviews but I know they'll be sold out by then.
>>
>>5402908
the manga, no, the manga is barebones and very lacking compared to the anime.

All the spinoffs basically retread the original series plots, so don't go looking to them expecting much.
>>
>>5402956
I agree actually. And I almost always preffer the manga to anime adaptations.
But with Saint Seiya, a lot of kinks seemed to be worked out during the transition.
One big thing is, Saori is presented like a spoiled cunt in the manga, almost deliberately so, while in the anime she's considerably more sympathetic.
>>
If we're imagining other franchises in the panoramation line, if they do Dragonball there are a good few iconic locales, like kami's tower, the kame house, even the hyperbolic time chamber would be quite cool. That said, if they did that after making Shodo Neo then that's a pretty dirty move.

One Piece could have Enies Lobby as an iconic location, as well as ships, or the war of the best, or more recently the corrida coliseum.

My main issue would be the amount of space these lines would take, as well the fact that even if I wanted the characters I may not want the background but have to pay an excess amount for it, especially compared to the Shodo lines.

As for HLJ, they didn't use definite words. Make sure they actually have it in the listing by the time you have to make the purchase.
>>
>>5402927
Amazon has them all for Kindle I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>5388742
>Preorders already sold out for Seiya
Motherfuck. 10 bucks says the price will skyrocket shortly after it comes out.

I wonder why Bandai doesn't just reissue the SCMs of the early Bronze Saints. Panoramation Seiya sold out quick, and the SCMs are going for stupid amounts of money on the aftermarket, so there's definitely still demand for these characters. It's obvious that Bandai's hurting for new characters to release figures of at this point, so they might as well reissue existing ones that they know will sell.
>>
I caved and just bought Seiya on CDJapan. They had one left, sorry guys. I don't know, I kind of feel like he'll get reissues and what not, and definitely other versions. Well, assuming the line is successful. I'll grab Gemini from them later as he seems to be plentifully stocked for now, I definitely do want that Athena, and Gemini is a cool little guy himself. I hope these guys are worth their fairly high price.
>>
>>5388742
I wish they sold those diorama pieces separately, I would buy some of them but I have no interest in Seint Seiya sadly.
>>
>>5404947
And vice versa would be ideal. But I get why they don't do that though.
>>
>>5404947
They tried the DX stage separately, no one bought it.
>>
>>5404970
>>5404947
Seems like you two could help each other out, no?
>>
>>5405037
I'd say yes, but I do like the diorama aspect as well and would like to give it a go. That said I'm sure there will be others who only want the figures and surely one of them could let them go for a fair price.
>>
I have the DX stage and a ton of 1/18, does anyone want me to take some photos of them together so they can see what we'd sort of be getting(assuming that they make the two compatible)?
>>
>>5405078
Yes, please.
>>
File: LinkVsSkels.jpg (502 KB, 1000x807) Image search: [Google]
LinkVsSkels.jpg
502 KB, 1000x807
>>5405093
Here's one shot I took ages ago, I'll try to have up something more varied by tonight.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.