[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rescue Heroes Ship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 51HTSZXDSQL.jpg (51 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
51HTSZXDSQL.jpg
51 KB, 500x491
Anyone else remember this beauty?
>>
It's a lot smaller than I remember
>>
Yeah, I had that motherfucker virtually all RH
>>
>>5384040
>all toys are masculine men figures
>even in 2016 i dont see any SWONG FEMAWE characters
is this company run by some conservative males? im not SJW just very curious.
>>
File: fpt6169-wendy-waters.jpg (10 KB, 264x474) Image search: [Google]
fpt6169-wendy-waters.jpg
10 KB, 264x474
>>5389775
>>
>>5389784
>wendy WATERS
>LMAO GET IT WATERS
>BECAUSE SHE IS A FIREWOMAN
>IKR XDDDD
>>
Growing up, this toyline was like repellent for me. Seeing it in the toyline instantly filled me with boredom and disinterest.
And years later if I ever went to second hand stores or thrift shops, these were the only goddamn toys I could find 90% of the time.
>>
>>5384040
I hated that toyline as a kid. They were all overtoy chunky and stylized and looked retarded, abd they were also all just boring policeman and firemen, no cool monsters or aliens in sight.
>>
>>5389800
>>5390330
I know what you mean. I loved the toylibe as a kid, but I never played with them as "Rescue Heros". The astronaunt I had was a villain, some evil genius, and I always mixed them with other toys when playing. I gound the whole rescue thing to be boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 691x518) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 691x518
I didn't like the characters much, but I loved the plane.
>>
>>5390330
It's meant for little kids. There's not really fighting bad guys as it is rescuing people.

>>5389789
All the names are puns. Roger Houston, Jake Justice, Al Pine, Rocky Climber.

Man, I haven't thought about this toyline in ages.

>>5389775
There was Wendy Waters, I know for sure. If I remember right, there was also a character named Maureen Biologist.

>>5384040
One of my childhood friends had it. I liked how it came with some rescue dolphin. I had another smaller base myself.

Man, the backpack gimmick was pretty innovative for its time. I like how you could trade the talking backpacks between characters of the same era (mission select, those ones with the animated rescue scenes, etc.) and it would recognize what figure was using the backpack. You could give Gil Gripper Roger Houston's backpack but the metal pins would recognize that it was Gil, and pressing the button would play Gil's voice clips, rather than Roger's.

Wow, I'm surprised I still remember all this. It's been over a decade.
>>
>>5384040
The fireman robot was the bee's knees. His torso extended into a ladder and shit. I think there was a construction themed one, too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.