[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these fuckers so hard to find? Luke's is going for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14
Why are these fuckers so hard to find? Luke's is going for $500 on ebay right now and it's fucking selling at that price. When will hasbro deliver more?
>>
>>5382018
For that money you could probably build a more authentic one with a Graflex 3-cell flash and some spare parts.
>>
>>5382126
I know, but a lot of people want the authentic Star Wars brand shit so they pay a lot.
I can't even preorder one anywhere
>>
>>5382018
I'm not huge into Star Wars but I found Kylo Ren's saber for $200. Should I buy it? I just want to do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huz7ek7r2u4
>>
>>5382133
It's $180 on Amazon right now
>>
I found one at a Barnes and Noble nearby a couple of weeks ago, probably gone by now though
>>
File: 1450718874942.jpg (27 KB, 507x283) Image search: [Google]
1450718874942.jpg
27 KB, 507x283
I have one of the pre-hasbro Luke ANH Force-FX sabers from around '05 in good condition, with the stand. It's in my wardrobe and rarely sees the light of day anyomore.

Might sell that shit breh
>>
>>5382472
Sell that shit nigga
Does it have the removable blade?
>>
>>5382561
No, I don't think it's removable. At least not by [spoiler]force[/spoiler], but I won't try that.
>>
>>5382018
Because all the other bandwagonners want one too.
>>
>>5382018
I dunno but they're fucking shit compared to things you could get from Saberforge or even fucking Ultrasabers for that price or less.
>>
>>5382693
Speaking of, (Lightsaber /general/ time?) any sites with good-quality, durable sabers other than Saberforge?

I was thinking of getting a Novus from sabershop (http://www.sabershop.com/main.html), which I know is meant to be more of a movie prop than anything else, but it looks cool and was designed to be good for duelling.
>>
>>5382730
If you're looking for some to smack around Ultrasabers does the job.

Get one of their more basic cheap hilts and customize it to your liking desu
>>
>>5382018
I've got a 2007 Master Replicas Darth Vader force fx saber I don't want. How much is that worth at the moment?
>>
>>5382018
I wish Hasbro would bring back the Ultimate FX sabers. I want something cheapish that I can smack around without fear of breaking.
>>
>>5383053
[email protected]

If it's in good condition, email me.
>>
>>5382693
Yeah, I got the Skywalker Force FX at a discount because I wanted light and sound and don't have the budget for a custom. But 500 bucks? If I had that kind of money I would just buy a kickass custom graflex saber.

A fool and his money, etc.
>>
God dam, I came here to make a thread about exactly this.
Hasbro's website says it's out of stock, but you can have them email you when it's back. They wouldn't give you that option if they weren't planning on making more, right?
[spoiler]Right?[/spoiler]
>>
>>5384126
yeah, they're going to stop making star wars merchandise.
>>
>>5384132
That's what I figured. But I just bought the Kylo Ren one and it'd be just my luck that they stop making the Luke ones as soon as I finally make my move.
>>
Spend half that and just buy SaberForge/Ultrasaber version
>>
Why would anyone spend that much when you could spend less and get an identical SF/US/TCSS version that's superior in every way?
>>
>>5384148
saberforge has gay led switches and you can't get light+sound for under 400 bucks
>>
>>5383145
It's been removed from the box a handful of times and I took the safety stickers off it for screen accuracy.

However, I live in the UK so shipping might be an issue.
>>
Oh cool I just needed something like that.

I just found a Hasbro Signature Series(Not Black Series) Darth Vader FX for 150 bucks(Third Worlder here). Buy or no buy? How's the quality?
>>
>>5384924
>Signature Series

Is it a removable blade version? If so snatch that shit up right now. Those are stupid hard to find and there's no telling if Hasbro will ever make them again. I wish I'd bought the Obi and Vader ones on clearance for 50 bucks.

If not that's still a pretty damn good deal considering the aftermarket prices, but the Black Series version has better sound effects and brighter LEDs, and is reportedly the brightest and most vivid among the new line.
>>
>>5384994

Don't think it's removable. The box says Signature Series then Star Wars Logo then the Lightsaber with Saber side looking left, to the SW logo.

Black Series are 200 bucks. Now I am confused if I should buy or not. Is the quality difference noticable?
>>
>>5384621
Cheapest one with sound is 250
>>
File: IMG_20151121_224430-1.jpg (3 MB, 1481x3376) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151121_224430-1.jpg
3 MB, 1481x3376
I managed to snag a Luke saber around Thanksgiving. Unfortunately the blade was slightly broken so I sent it back for a replacement. Now unfortunately Hasbro is holding my saber hostage since they don't have one to send back to me yet. I'm getting a little irritated at this point it's been quite a while now and nothing has been done. I'm gonna call them again and see what the deal is. This shits annoying. Pic related is the damage to the blade.
>>
>>5382018
Managed to snipe a Removable Blade Anakin Saber on ebay.

Anyone know where you can get conversion kits for it?
>>
>>5385144
I remember you! You seemed pretty divided on whether to send it back at the time, presumably for this very reason. Sucks you're having so much trouble dude but hopefully you get one with better QC this time.

>>5385154
>Managed to snipe a Removable Blade Anakin Sabe

Damn, mad jealous. How much did you pay for it?
>>
>>5385283
>How much did you pay for it?
>>
File: palpatine.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>5385284
Not bad.
>>
>>5385290
My thoughts exactly. Everywhere else was selling for more than double.

Needed it for a cosplay I was planning and didn't even notice it was the removable blade one.
>>
>>5385294
The Episode III model is a beauty. You doing Anakin or somebody else?
>>
>>5385283
Yep that was me. I was hesitant about it for this very reason. Hopefully all works out. If not I'll just get a refund and put that money to a saberforge. I've been to their site a few times. Do they not make a Graflex style hilt? I like the RotJ hilt they have but I've always been a fan if Luke/Anakins saber.
>>
>>5385309
Yeah the armored TCW version.
>>
Fuck guys, I'm so conflicted. I have the model in the OP and I love it, but I bought it for $120 and can now make $400 off of it. Should I sell it? Will they make more? I love the design, but that's a lot of money.
>>
>>5386051
Please reply
>>
>>5382018
best part is that this isn't even the model used in the new movie, it's the ANH version

I'd bet a pretty penny that we see the proper ESB/TFA version released as "Rey's Lightsaber" in wave 2 or 3
>>
>>5386514
what are the differences?
>>
File: luke-sabers-combo-08.jpg (55 KB, 650x553) Image search: [Google]
luke-sabers-combo-08.jpg
55 KB, 650x553
>>5386553
See the two in the middle. The one on the left is from ESB. The right one is ANH. The changes are:
>The black strips for gripping have been screwed in.
>The activation switch has been flipped to the other side
>The button(s) on the activation switch have changed from being translucent calculator bubbles to being a piece of a computer chip.
>texture has been added around near the switch to add more grip

Probably some other tiny differences I don't care enough to notice.
>>
>>5386051
Damn. I have one too... I'm tempted.
>>
>>5388083
Ah, so it's subtle. I'll probably still buy it though if it goes up for sale.
>>5388096
I packaged mine up, listed it, then immediately ended the auction. I don't want to bother hunting them all down again, fuck that. I'm just happy to own it. I did buy 2 Vaders from target last night though.
>>
Anon who sent his saber back reporting in. I had planned on calling Hasbro tomorrow when I had some time to find out where the fuck my saber was. To my surprise waiting for me when I got home was not only my Ben Reilly Spider-Man ML, but a brand new, undamaged Luke saber. No blade defects and nothing wrong with the hilt either. I'm so fucking happy I got a good one this time. So since I got a new one, I'm guessing they might have gotten more in to the warehouse. Check up on HST in the next few days and you might find one for retail. Now I've gotta fight the urge to sell it for $400...
>>
>>5388745
I meant to attach pic related...
>>
>>5388083
Definitely like the ANH design more.
>>
>>5384642
I'll give you 800 easily for that, shippings on me, email me.
>>
>>5388857
Lol not me, kid.
>>
>>5382730
saberforge, untrasaber, vaders vault, genesis custom saber, the custom saber shop. take your pick.
>>
>>5388751
Nice! I adore mine, but I have to say the plastic ring really concerns me. I'm concerned it doesn't provide enough stability and I wish I knew enough to replace it with a metal piece.
>>
>>5390252
Yeah I can agree with ya on that. I really don't plan swinging it around and stuff so that much. Mostly just a diaply peice. I do plan on using it for a Jedi cosplay for SDCC this year.
>>
I got one for $90 with coupons in a local B&N.It was the blue luke saber.
This was a week before the movie came out.
>>
>>5393243
Overall. It is fantastic and a great collectible.
>>
>>5390476
>tfw live in Denver
>tfw I'll never get to SDCC because it'd cost me $2000
Is it fun anon? Is it worth flying out for?
>>
>>5393243
25% off coup?
>>
>>5386051
Sell and use the profit to order from Saberforge
>>
>>5393260
I live close enough I can drive. I went last year and it was so much fun. I was lucky to get tickets again this year and me and a buddy are going for three days. It's totally worth it. There are so many people though and lines for everything but being able to see all that shit first is so awesome.
>>
>>5393260
>Is it fun anon? Is it worth flying out for?

Depends on what you want from it. I wouldn't spend $2000 on it, but I'd go again if I can.
>>
>>5393320
I wish these Saberforge shills would fucking leave
>>
>>5388745
>I'm guessing they might have gotten more in to the warehouse.

They have spares so they can give new ones to people that got defected ones, simple as that.
>>
>>5395160
This
They keep extras on hand for that very reason and replacements are there number one priority. I have no clue why it took anon so long to get his back though, maybe they were completely out of everything, including the backups.
>>
>>5395184
I think that was the case. It also could've been because it was around the holidays and the movie release so who knows. I'm just glad I got it back, however I now noticed a flickering LED or two in the blade, just can't luck out with this can I? If I bend the blade slightly it fixes but if you move it around they get knocked out. Anybody know of any fixes? Fortunately it's not bad, not worth sending it back AGAIN, but a fix would be nice. I was thinking of maybe even converting it if a kit comes out.
>>
>>5395231
You can always send it to domeone for a convert, weather it be a better led string blade or an in hilt led. It costs $ tho. Im sure a conversion kit will be released eventually.
>>
>>5395674
I've actually decided to get an ultrasaber as well. I wanted to get a green one too but who knows when Hasbro will release an ROTJ Luke. I plan on mounting both sabers on the wall and using them to frame this bitching star wars poster I have. Lit up they'll both look good. Plus of its upright my FX saber is fine. So that's the route I've decided to go. Since I'm just gonna get one of the basic designs I'm in no rush to pick one up. I may even get one when Comicon rolls around. They always have a booth at my local cons and shit is usually on sale. Once everything's said and done it'll look awesome. My roommate is thinoot about getting an ultrasaber too so we may be massive homos and duel with them.
>>
as someone who was broke as fuck when the force fx sabers came out (thanks grad school) and couldn't get one, i'd love to hear a comparison between them and the new black series versions. pros, cons, etc.
>>
>>5396201
As far as I know, Black series has:

>"better" sound (not as good as any custom saber)
>brighter lights (not as good as any custom saber)
>Motion detection based on the speed of the swing
>very crappy acrylic saber stand

Overall they are good bang for the buck though. Better buy them while they are new so they don't start appreciating. Oh, and buy an old stand off ebay, the new one is useless I hear.
>>
>>5388083
Is that Anakin's totally-not-Vader saber from Ep II?
>>
>>5396175
no shame in being homo if you both enjoy it
>>
>>5396759
hanks for the comments....i'd love a custom saber, but just can't afford one. at least these i can use online coupons on.
>>
File: 018.jpg (357 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
357 KB, 900x1600
Yowza, those Force FX aftermarket prices are insane! I saw Vader's in-stock on Target's website last week, out of stock now of course, but that's one site to watch if anyone here is still looking for some sabers.

Really glad I decided to pick these up before things got crazy, they're seriously cool and fun display pieces, but no way would I pay more than MSRP for them (heck I hesitated pulling the trigger at well below MSRP, only paid about $120 each).

Very pleased with how this photo turned out, haha.
>>
>>5399373
this pic would be so much better if vader didn't wield his saber in one hand
>>
>>5399373
Great photo! I can't get over how good these things look through a camera. I would imagine customer sabers look even better, but these are definitely great looking. Glad I picked up a Luke when I had the chance. If I can find Vader that'd be awesome but I won't hold my breath.
>>
File: luke saber.jpg (32 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
luke saber.jpg
32 KB, 400x397
It's not much but after an extensive bout of google-sleuthing I found that TCSS is apparently working on a Black Series Luke conversion kit. Thought some of you guys might want to know.
>>
>>5394741
:^)
>>
File: 1452578118642.jpg (64 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1452578118642.jpg
64 KB, 800x800
Fuck Saberforge right now. I don't even care about Phil, since he is smart enough now to keep his mouth shut about drama.

Their new CSR is a whiny bitch who is banning anyone on the forum who dares bring forth a complaint. It's like he's making his own little crowd of suck-ups and not tolerating opposing thoughts.

On top of that they're disorganized to the point where they've 'lost' a bunch of orders and are blaming USPS but don't have the internal record keeping system they need to actually tell whether they shipped something out or not.
>>
I kinda want to get the blind/ random saber from ultrasabers, but I'm afraid of getting the monarch.

Start all sabers apparently uses found parts a lot, so I'm thinking maybe with enough time I can DIY.
>>
>>5385283
I bought a removable blade Anakin saber a long time ago, is it rare now? It turns on and off sometimes if I swing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5402160
Here's a picture of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (992 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
992 KB, 2592x1936
I know this is only tangentially related, but I'd rather not make a new thread.

Anyone seen these lightsaber straws at 7-Eleven? They're pretty neat.
>>
>>5402144
All the grab bag sabers are just the entry level ones with no custom stuff. Better off just buying one you want
>>
File: grabbagpic.jpg (159 KB, 922x517) Image search: [Google]
grabbagpic.jpg
159 KB, 922x517
>>5402373
Pic related is their old add photo for the grab bag.
If you consider half their stock to be entry level sure. I've personally seen Dark Liberators come from that grab bag. Grab bag is great if you need a few of them for Birthdays or Christmas.

Here's some info for the interested anons.
-only 55 US plus shipping
-Grab bag sabers could be anything from their catalog, most expensive Ultras can run near to 200
-Stunt sabers only (no sound)
-Hilt will have minor defect of some kind, usually a blemish in the finish or a scratch some place (anything that could get it sent back but wouldn't stop it from functioning)
-Color will be random (unless you pay for a specific one, 5$ usually)
-no blade (unless you pay for it, 15$)
----Note, if you wanna save a bit add a bit more randomness to your order get a Grab Bag blade, same condition as the hilts and you choose from the 24 inch initiate or the 36 inch full length)

Grab Bag - https://www.ultrasabers.com/GrabBag-p/grabbag.htm

Single Blade Sabers - https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/70.htm

Blades - https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/53.htm
>>
I see the grab bag ones as cheap sabers that you can mod and do DIY stuff on. I have one that I gutted, got a new switch for and just did a saltwater etch on. I'm putting in a soundcard soon.

The only things I really don't like about them is the ugly-ass switch (replaced) and that they're one solid piece, which makes installs a little annoying.
>>
>>5393243
>>5393284
this guy knows what's up. I got the Darth Vader lightsaber at Barnes and Noble for a similar price. If you're a member you get 10% off in store purchases and over the holidays they had a 30% off coupon that you could (surprisingly) use on top of that.

I will say though, I went to three different Barnes and Nobles and only one of them carried these lightsabers
>>
>>5402160
>>5402174
The old Hasbro Signature and MR sabers have been scarce due to the movie but it may relax a bit once the hype starts dying down. Also depends on whether or not Hasbro makes removable blade versions again I guess.

Honestly I would buy yours even with the defect.
>>
>>5403026
Is the defect fixable? It was pretty much like that after a few uses. I always wanted to display mine on the wall with one of these (http://saber-stand.com/), but now that they've inflated so much I don't know what to do. How much would you spend on it personally?
>>
>>5402441
They might pop up once in a blue moon, but this guy bought 12 and got none that look very interesting.
I'll pass, Mr. ultrasabers shill.
>>
>>5402441
>>5403355
Heres the vid
https://youtu.be/56vSc650bug
>>
>>5403355

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything but a very basic saber. They're a good cheap option if you want one to play with, but 99% consist of their basic models.
>>
>>5403893
Yeah I think Ultrasabers are great for bashing around. I would still just buy my own cheap ultrasabers though because then for the same price, I could still pick the color.
>>
So Hasbro's website now just has an option to display what local retailers sell the Luke lightsaber. Doesn't even say 'Out of Stock' anymore.
That's the sign of death, right?
>>
>>5405966
E-mail them and ask.
>>
>>5405966
My guess is they just shit out some sabers to get them out before the movie, and now they will quickly release a second run.

I'm hoping for a Luke saber that is accurate to The Force Awakens.
>>
>>5407060
They will release that one as Rey's saber, I have no doubt. It's the same as ESB but with the original glass eye. They opened with the ANH cause it's similar enough to get hypebux but not an outright spoiler.
>>
>>5407060
personally i'm still hoping for an obi wan saber.
>>
>>5411339
I want a new Luke RoTJ to got with my newly acquired ANH Luke. If I could find Vaders I would totally pick that up and have all three next to the OT movie posters I have.
>>
>>5411508
Want to buy one for $210 shipped? I literally just took it out of the packaging yesterday
>>
>>5412181
not >>5411508

But why did you buy it if you are gonna sell it so fast? Do you not like it?
>>
>>5412181
$210 is a little high for my budget if I'm going the Force FX route. $180 or so would be my limit for one of those.
>>
How do these compare to the sabers that came out around 2005? I have the Vader and Windu sabers. The metal on them has a little weathering on them (which just makes them a little more cooler to me), and the Windu was early early on where the purple was kinda bad since it was red and blue LEDs just jammed in there.
>>
>>5412582
The LED strip is a bit brighter than the old ones, not as bright as a custom saber but still really nice.
The sound board is a little louder as well with a richer and clearer sound font supposedly ripped directly from the movies.
They added a gryoscope in to the hilt that allows for a more accurate "woosh" noise.
Two different clash sounds
Hasbro's models have been a bit spotty on QC. I ordered a Luke saber from HST and the clouded white polycarbinate material on the inside of the blade was actually broken and had a piece loose up in the tip of the blade. I sent it back and got a replacement and the new one is fine. I have one or two LED's that will occasionally flicker if I swing it a certain way but that's no big deal to me. And some people have scratches on their hilts. There are a few plastic pieces like the emitter that I want to eventually replace with metal parts from TCSS.
Overall I really like my Luke saber and regret not grabbing Vader's when I had the chance.
>>
>>5385309
Hey, I have the 2005 edition Master Replicas one.

Too bad it doesn't have a removable blade.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 736x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 736x550
Ok where is the best place to get a replica of this saber?

I don't care about official, but something that's not going to fall apart
>>
>>5412252
>>5412553
I bought it to scalp and I sold it today for $300. I also sold another vader the other day for $270.

Plus, my Luke is bidding in the 400's right now.
>>
>>5414417
What does a good condition 2005 master replica anakin go for? Opened
>>
>>5414207
The best? There is no limit to quality if you go with a custom commision or small custom sabersmith.

But sabeforge makes a great obi wan hilt that is to scale.

If you want cheaper, try ultrasabers or a master replicas online. Both of those are not accurate scale though.
>>
>>5414795
The ugly ass activation switch kills it
>>
>>5414789
Is the blade removable? If so I'm interested in it
>>
>>5414417
Yeah it's been super tempting to not sell my Luke saber. I was lucky and managed to grab it when some anon posted about a few HST coupons that brought it down to like $110-$120. It's so tempting since I've seen a few sell for $450-$500
>>
>>5415297
I just sold mine for $350
No ragrets since I can just buy one from saberforge anytime I want.
>>
File: Stunt-Guardian-2.jpg (148 KB, 457x457) Image search: [Google]
Stunt-Guardian-2.jpg
148 KB, 457x457
>>5414207
Here's the Ultasabers version, best balance between performance and price.

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-guardian.htm
>>
>>5382133
I wanna know if this is durable to have a short duel with. Not hard-hitting, but enough to look like a real fight.
>>
>>5415630
Is there a ANH or ESB Luke from them? I really want a hilt to display.
>>5415646
I have it and I really wouldn't.
>>
>>5415646
The LEDs in the blade will get broken from even the slightest contact from light sparing. For 250 they want for this you can get a much better blade from Ultrasabers or Saberforge.
>>
>>5415648
Why yes good sir their is. There is also a

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-graflexse.htm

Their is also an CE version.

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-graflexce.htm
>>
>>5415648
Thanks.
>>5415649
Do either of them actually do a Kylo Ren one though? I haven't been able to find one.
>>
>>5415648
Park Sabers has a near perfect recreation of it. kinda pricey though

http://www.parksabers.com/graflexesb.html
>>
>>5415653
>Do either of them actually do a Kylo Ren one though? I haven't been able to find one.
http://www.parksabers.com/crossguard.html
>>
>>5415211
Unfortunately not
>>
>all this blatant saberforge shilling
>>
>>5416527
could be worse, could be Ultrasaber shilling
>>
>>5417482
They both cater to imbecilrs
>>
>>5418711
Would you rather then MR/Hasbro sabers whose blades can be damaged with minor impacts. Or are you just bitching about the conversation in general, if so gtfo.
>>
>>5419940
You can do better than either of those if you aren't an idiot.
>>
>>5419940
To be fair I too have heard negative things about both Saberfirge and Ultrasabers. I do think you're in for a better saber if you go Vaders Vault or Parksabers. But that does require shelling out the exra $$.

As for your comparison of MR/Hasbro sabers to custom sabers is apples to oranges. The Force FX sabers are meant for display. The other ones are meant to duel with. Basically your argument sucks and YOU should gtfo.
>>
>>5420093
>YOU
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>5420096
How about you come up with an actual argument instead of le epic reddit maymay?
>>
>>5420093
Or you can man the fuck up, order some parts from TCSS, and build a top-notch saber yourself. But that's not as convenient or cheap as giving a shitty company money to screw you I guess.
>>
>>5420204
Oh I quite agree there. You won't get a better saber than one you build yourself.
>>
>>5420273
It's not even hard either, there's plenty of tutorials and you can order ever part you need.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.