[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been considering collecting the NECA video game colored figures.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 800x800
Been considering collecting the NECA video game colored figures. I don't own any figures from the company. How are they?
>>
They're good.
>>
>>5380442
not bad
some QC issues here and there, but generally good
>>
>>5380442
annoyingly i finally came across some NECA Aliens figures with the shitty brittle joints. It was two in a row!
It was the shot-up/exploding blue aliens figure from the hicks 2-pack. First one I bought, the alien's leg snapped off at the hip. Got a replacement from TRU and the leg snapped off AGAIN at the hip, and this time also an arm at the shoulder, and let me tell you, I'm very careful. There was definitely a manufacturing error with this run. But my other aliens figures have been great. I have the black, blue and red variants and all have been good. Before this incident I was one of the dudes calling any other victim a ham-handser.
>>
>>5380442
They're biggest issue tends to be their limited range of motion and occasional QC issues (though I personally haven't had any). I'd imagine you want the videogame figures to stand around rather than putting them in some sort silly or super action pose so I'd say you'll probably be happy with them.
>>
They're a mixed bag. Generally they have great sculpting and paint, and the articulation is almost there, but many of them can't hold very many poses, and would benefit from stands, which they don't come with.
>>
>>5380442
Get Jason and that's it.
>>
They're good, I don't take them out of the boxes though so fuck me.
>>
>>5380442

They look great in the box at least. I've seen a few in person, no complaints about the overall appearance. Like others have said, they have limited range of motion.
>>
File: SHOOKA-SHOOP.jpg (169 KB, 1000x1102) Image search: [Google]
SHOOKA-SHOOP.jpg
169 KB, 1000x1102
>>5380849
>forgetting Batman
>forgetting Predator

The recent Leatherface is lame as fuck but there is no way you can miss either Burtman or the buff bro with dreads.
>>
>>5380442
For the colors, the batman one is sick. The contra double pack looks great and Freddy and Jason are a must.
>>
>>5380890

new contra looks cool af and godzilla is pretty dope, and the rambo and rocky figures are top drawer on paint
>>
File: blue myself.gif (788 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
blue myself.gif
788 KB, 500x231
>>5380442
>>
>>5380887

When did they release the T-800??

Has anyone found this at TRU?
>>
>>5380918
It's an upcoming figure.
>>
>>5380920

Soon?
>>
File: NECA-T2-NES-T-800-Preview.jpg (118 KB, 682x831) Image search: [Google]
NECA-T2-NES-T-800-Preview.jpg
118 KB, 682x831
>>5380959
I think around this month, yeah.
Uses the Ultimate Terminator body which I approve.
>>
>>5380973

When does Contra come out?
>>
>>5380887
Batman and contra were good games. How about the rest?
>>
File: Shatterhand_cover.jpg (69 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
Shatterhand_cover.jpg
69 KB, 300x426
Now that NECA is moving into actual games with the Contra figures and not just licensed games I'm hoping they can make my dream come true.
>>
>>5381313
They've been doing non-licensed figures for years, though.
>>
>>5381313

Fuck I just want them to make Simpsons SNES and TMNT games. Or a fucking Comix Zone fig.
>>
>>5381313
i read that as shitter hand at first. giggled harder than i should have
>>
>>5381404
i remember hearing somewhere that neca will repaint the mirage turtles into nes turtles, can't remember where though
>>
>>5380890
It's the only one that doesn't have pixel-esque meme paint
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.