[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a stopmotion animator and I need some human figurines. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 482x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 482x490
I am a stopmotion animator and I need some human figurines. What are some good looking simple human figures? Pic related I found at a store near my house
>>
File: 1519137-preacher03[1].jpg (45 KB, 395x640) Image search: [Google]
1519137-preacher03[1].jpg
45 KB, 395x640
>>5375340

Y'know that Edward would go towards a great Cassidy custom.
>>
>>5375340
I assume you need them to be highly articulated?

Do you need them to look realistic or just human shaped? Does the size of the figure matter? Do you have a big budget?
>>
>>5375359
They need to be highly articulated, and look human like. My budget is like 40 euros per figurine max
>>
>>5375364
>>5375340
you must be kind of dumb. Good stop motion is built from the ground up
>>
>>5375340
Copypasta troll.
>>
>>5375402
I am not lol.
>>5375376
I usually work with real actors but after seeing the new Kaufman movie I decided to give stopmotion a go
>>
>>5375340
Watch Robot Chicken
I think they use 12" figures. But can be done with smaller, see: counter656

>>5375364
Good luck finding highly articulated toys at that price.
>>
File: 1449435164029.gif (969 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
1449435164029.gif
969 KB, 250x175
>>5376195
>calling yourself a stopmotion animator when you "decided to give stopmotion a go" after seeing a movie with no prior experience
>>
>>5376253
This
>>
>>5376253
I already worked with stop motion before but it was years ago. I am sorry, I am just tired and bad at articulating myself
>>
>>5375364
They dont have knee articulation.
or leg articulation for that matter
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 744x759) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 744x759
NECA's retro format figures might fit what you're looking for. Around $20 each with decent articulation. They are mostly horror movie related, but there are a few others like these Home Alone figures.
>>
>>5376552
fucking joe pesci looks like a kid raper.
>>
>>5376597
HAHA it looks like he has already dick slapped his partners forhead and is ready to show mculey the D
>>
>>5376208
Robot Chicken uses Mego figures for their people, which are 1/8
>>
Buffy figures are pretty good for that I hear
>>
>>5376597
>fucking joe pesci looks like a kid raper.

They can't all be Jack Nicholson.
>>
>>5375364
Well, apologies for the late response.

I guess we're ruling out dolls due to price.

Human looking figures for stopmotion... I guess Figma can work. I dunno about Neca stuff. I don't feel they're that articulated. And if you're a Euro user, US toys might be as expensive as Weaboo toys no?

If they're simply human shaped, consider Bandai's Twist Action Form Kamen Riders. They're karate bugmen with wire skellies underneath. They should be pretty cheap too because they shelfwarmed due to collectors not wanting to get toys that could snap over time. But for the purpose of your projects, they could serve you fairly well.
>>
>>5378693
I understood that reference from such a classic movie, bazinga!
>>
>>5381540
I found an action figure of leather face at my locals. Is it any good?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.