[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to order something for the last day from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: mandarake .jpg (17 KB, 357x141) Image search: [Google]
mandarake .jpg
17 KB, 357x141
I've been trying to order something for the last day from Mandarake, but when I go to Order Now, I keep getting the Order Error screen. I've tried multiple times on other computers, cleared my cache, but still get this message. I've read this usually indicates a ban, but I've bought multiple 10,000+ yen items from their for the last year with no issues, and the only cancellation I've had is an accidental double order from way back in March. Yes, I have tried contacting them early yesterday, but didn't get a response yet. I do hear New Years is sort of a major holiday in Japan, but the store seems open. Plus hearing that Mandarake's usual response to blacklisted/banned customers is to just not reply or acknowledge them, I am slightly worried that I may never find out. I've considered trying to make another account, but I worry this will make things worse.

Anyone else having a similar issue with the site?
>>
>>5374079
Mandarake's site gives me weird errors now and then. If what you said is true I don't think you're banned. Wait a couple of days for their reply.
>>
>>5374079
Are you using paypal while living in one of the banned areas?
>>
>>5374079
>early yesterday
They have, like, one english-speaking dude there who has to do everything. It has sometimes taken them two weeks to get back to me on something. Be patient. If you've had successful orders since that one cancellation in March you probably aren't banned. But I've spent thousands of dollars with them over 5 years and I tried to cancel an order for the first time a few months ago and they said they would ban me if I did, so don't think your past patronage is worth anything to them.

It's probably just a glitch on their end. My HLJ account disappeared a couple weeks ago and I thought I was banned, but the error seems to come and go. Mandarake's new site is buggy as shit anyway so just wait it out and hope it fixes itself.
>>
Not OP, but I placed an order on 12/27/15, and my PayPal funds should be available on Monday the 4th, so I haven't made payment. Will my order be cancelled, or will I be banned? I figured I'd be able to secure the figure that way.
>>
>>5374557
>But I've spent thousands of dollars with them over 5 years and I tried to cancel an order for the first time a few months ago and they said they would ban me if I did

And people say Amiami is bad...

Kind of strange that they would be so harsh about cancellations anyway, since they can pretty much cancel your item at any time seeing as they can't even guarantee it is even still in stock.
>>
>>5374733
I've cancelled a few items before (not entire orders however), and never got a warning or anything. It depends on which person is answering the email, I guess.
>since they can pretty much cancel your item at any time seeing as they can't even guarantee it is even still in stock.
That's different. If you don't want your order, then you shouldn't be placing them to begin with.
>>
>>5374725
If you can't make the payment within 5 days of them sending you the payment notice (not the order confirmation) then you should email them.
>>
>>5374769
My last email I received was on the day I made the order, and the subject is "THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER", so I'm assuming they send another email once they confirm everything is in stock and ready for payment?

I apologize for my newfaggotry, I've never messed with Manda since they didn't always have an English site.
>>
>>5374079
>I've considered trying to make another account, but I worry this will make things worse.

I cancelled three orders, and when I tried signing in it gave me an error. Pretty sure they banned me

I made a new account with a different name but the same paypal address. No issues yet even when I made and payed for an order.
>>
>>5374794
>I'm assuming they send another email once they confirm everything is in stock and ready for payment
Yep. You need to be careful though because sometimes they forget to actually check and complete your order and you'll just be left hanging. If you placed your order on the 27th and they never got back to you, it would be wise to send them a reply with a brief reminder that they haven't sent you pay notification. They even recommend doing so in the order confirmation email if you read it.
>>
>>5374829
Thank you so much, anon. I'll send them an email right away. Hopefully everything works out. Again, thank you.
>>
>>5374896
Ain't no thing but a chicken wing. Just be prepared for a notice that an item wasn't in stock if it's a particularly hot or desired toy. You're competing not only with internet folk, but also people that go into their physical stores, so those added extra days of them not grabbing the items might lead to bad results.
>>
>>5374079
If you can log in, you are not banned.
If you get a order error screen it can be multiple of reason. perhaps you should take a screen cap of that screen and the screen before it.
Email them if you have any question and then WAIT, They are not waiting for your email 24/7 and on weekends and especially new years day. Probably get back to you in 2 days or so.
>>
>>5374916
>but also people that go into their physical stores
I've noticed some figures are listed as "storefront item", while others are listed as "spot sale item". Are those in store as well?
>>
>>5374966
Storefront means that a customer in the store may be able to grab it before you can secure it, or they might have even bought it before it was even listed. They take in a huge volume of items and it takes time to compile everything into a daily site listing, so in between those times some things may just be sold out.

Spot sale means that you'll get it right then. SAHRA uses that one.
>>
>>5375017
Ah, I see. Looks like the figure I ordered is a spot sale item, so I assume it's being held for me. I already sent an email regarding a payment request, so hopefully that'll buy me enough time until Monday. Fucking PayPal. Thanks again, anon.
>>
Quick non-update: I've waited two days so far and no response yet. Still getting errors. I realized I'm from one of the areas that credit card payments are banned from; however I've always used Paypal on the website. I really hope I can get this issue sorted before the item I want is sold out.
>>
Whats your favorite stand for posing your figures?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.