[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Custom Galen Marek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nqedpeUV4M1r339txo1_500.jpg (69 KB, 474x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqedpeUV4M1r339txo1_500.jpg
69 KB, 474x750
I was thinking of making a custom Galen Marek figure using a Figma or SH Figuarts as a base. I'm looking for suggestions on what figure to use as a base, and what type of clay to use.
>>
>>5373068
Nice idea, i dig it. You should try asking in the customs general tho
>>
>Darth Insanius
>>
>Darth Icki
>>
>>5373161
Wasn't it darth insidious?
>>
I kinda both hate and appreciate how mid-2000s video game "Bald Spess Marine" his design is. Aesthetically I think its pretty shitty and feels wrong in a space fantasy, but on the other hand, Star Wars media really does reflect whichever era it was made in, or at least it used to. Just look at Luke's feathered 70's hair, or the rounded and smooth designs of the prequels that looks like cars and computers from the 2000s. TFA seems to emulate the 70's/80's aesthetic of the OT,which is pretty cool, too, but makes it feel a little derivative.

Anyway, you may want to practice on a Marvel Legends figure first, they have much more blank bodies to work from. You could spring for an archetype or blank body from either Figma or Figuarts line, but finding a matching head will be hard.
>>
Some of the SHF Precure figures are cheap now, you can use those. Also, plasticene will work. Just spread superglue on top of it when you are done and it will harden.
>>
File: B3954A500_SW_Black-Series_Luke_1.jpg (592 KB, 1083x1200) Image search: [Google]
B3954A500_SW_Black-Series_Luke_1.jpg
592 KB, 1083x1200
>>5373068
Black series episode 4 luke and aves apoxie sculpt. Shop around for a head maybe GOT jon snow without hair?
>>
Marvel legends is the closest thing to a black series figure but you could use someone from that. Don't use a shf figmarts or some shit mold because joints. You don't want him looking like a bulimic hipster.
>>
>>5373068
I thought he was Starkiller. Did he get a name in Unleashed II?
>>
>>5373285
Not that guy but I heard Darth Insaneous and Darth Icky were Georgies recomendations
>>
>>5373459
He figured out his real name. Starkiller ended up being the default name of [spoiler]his clone in Force Unleashed II though.[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.