[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toy of the year 2014
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 1439x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 1439x1920
Alright /toy/, we're just a few hours from 2015. Post your:
>Toy of the year
>Disappointment of the year
>Most hype toy for 2015
>>
I don't understand what's going on here
>>
File: I ain't gotta say shit.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
I ain't gotta say shit.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
TOTY: This motherfucker.

DOTY: Hard to say since I obtained mainly older releases this year. Probably SAS PB Dio Brando

Hype for 2016 which what I'm assuming you meant: Sentinel's Salehanthropus or the Supreme Catatonic
>>
Where can I check the upcoming figures this year?
>>
Honestly this is a good idea, way too many late releases from 2014 got overlooked. SHF broly,SoC Gaogaigar, and the Neca Alien Queen are all 2014 releases that alot of people didn't get until 2015.
>>
File: DSC03113.jpg (51 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
DSC03113.jpg
51 KB, 640x425
>Toy of the Year
SHFSS Hibiki
>Disappointment
Figma Guyver I
>Most hype
Figuarts Warsman. I wonder if we'll be getting anything after Robin Mask?
>>
Wait... What? Damn, I have to think hard about this, it's blurry as to what was 2013 and what was 2014.

>Toy of the year
Sentinel T-Rex Getter. And then Bandai doing their SRC just made me realize how good of a choice I had made.

I really can't remember. If I didn't like it, I sold it pretty quickly. Probably something from Marvel Select or SW Black Series?

>Most hype toy for 2015
SHF DBZ Nappa. I really feel 2015 is the year Bandai will throw us a bone.
>>
>>5372893
Why were you disappointed in DIO? Just curious as I've ordered his clothed Stardust Crusaders figure from the same line.
>>
>>5372928
PB Dio was okay, but not really great compared to his Stardust equivalent.
>>
I dunno what I'd say my TOTY was. I'd lean towards the Revo Stormtrooper if it wasn't so enormous compared to every other line. Otherwise, I'd say SHF Captain America or Figma Thinker.
>>
>>5372861
>Toy of the year
monsterarts godzilla 2014
Mafex spiderman 2, wobbly piece of metalic shit
>Most hype toy for 2015
FIGMA SNAKE IT'S GONNA BE AMAZING
>>
>>5372916
>>Disappointment
>Figma Guyver I
Wait what? Why?
>>
>>5372921
What's wrong with the SRC? I got it as a Christmas gift and I think it's a pretty good toy. Only problem is the neck joint being annoying to fiddle with.
The Sentinel one looks good toy-wise but those proportions are a disgrace
>>
>>5372948
It's definitely not a bad figure, but I feel the head sculpt just turned out too mushy and off accuracy, and I'm not a fan of the black wash. I'm also not a fan of the Figma-styled joints, mainly in the knees. In terms of appearance only, I feel the Max Factory Guyver I was a lot nicer.

I really like Guyver, so my standards for him are a lot higher. However, I am still grateful that we did get a new figure of him that won't break.
>>5372921
I own Sentinel Black Getter and I found him pretty... lackluster? I guess it's because some people really over-hyped the figure, so naturally I expected something more.
>>
>>5372949
>What's wrong with the SRC?
It just wasn't as good. I sold it this past summer and maybe someone else is happier with it than I was.

The Sentinel had better construction overall and, frankly, it carried the fatboy design a lot better than the SRC. It's not like the OVAs were particularly strict with on-model animation, so I was glad that Sentinel pushed it more towards the fat end. Slim and trim Getters are a dime a dozen, so a true showing of bulk makes it stand out from the pack. Plus the cape added a level of display value that the SRC lacks. I will say that the beam effect and modularity of the SRC is nice, though.

>>5372972
>I own Sentinel Black Getter and I found him pretty... lackluster?
To each his own.
>>
>>5372861
>toy of the year
SRC GGGG, glorious fucker
or S.H. Figuarts Broly
>dissapointment
Gypsy 2.0
>hype
MASTER
FUCKING
ASIA
i can't fucking wait for casual clothes domon as well, maybe we will get allenby and rain too!
and from max factory, maybe more character from guyver will come, like aptom or guyot, man 2015 is gonna be great!
[>spoilingintoy]it hurts[/nospoiler]
>>
>>5372972
So would you say the Max Factory Guyver I is just better? Any idea if they'll have reissues?
>>
>>5373058
Fuck no, unless you don't plan on moving that thing. The joints are fragile.
>reissues
Nope.
>>
>>5373058

No reissues... and extremely high prices now.

Though, technically both are basically the same figure... Since Figma IS Max Factory, and they basically just shrunk the model. Biggest differences: the Max Factory Bio Fighters version is bigger, but pretty fragile... and the Figma is smaller, but less fragile and newer figma joints.

On the plus side, if you're able to get the Guyver Gigantic figure ( $300+ on ebay)... The Figma is actually in scale with it.
>>
>>5372983
That's fair. Personally I prefer the proportions on the SRC since it more closely resembles the SvN and early manga designs, even though it's based off of the Armageddon design
>>
>>5372928
Stardust is fine. Im referring to the Part 1 phantom blood version. Missing a key accessory the mask. Has a wierd neck. Articulation is limited compared to previous SAS.
>>
>>5373084
>and they basically just shrunk the model.
It's actually a new sculpt.
>>
>>5373049
broly was 2014
>>
>>5373096
Yeah look at the thread you're in m8
>>
>ToTY
Neca Snake Plisken.

He's not an impressive toy, but he's something I would've wanted back when I was a kid. More solid than anything else they make since they use a durable-reusable Megoesque body.

>DoTY
3A's 1/12 Adventure Kartel retail wave. All of the problems of past figures thrown into every figure.

>Hype
Mezco Batman, man.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.