[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which black series line should I buy: 3.75 or 6"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 78789.jpg (59 KB, 500x577) Image search: [Google]
78789.jpg
59 KB, 500x577
Which black series line should I buy: 3.75 or 6"?
>>
6" scale is the best scale on earth
>>
I think 3.75 is cool but hard to come by
>>
6 inch fo sho
>>
Speaking as a fan of 1/18:
Buy into 6". The articulation's almost consistent throughout the line. The 1/18 stuff? T-crotches most of the time, with the added bonus of occasionally having cloth skirts that obscure the hip joints so you can't make an informed decision.

Goddamn, I miss the Vintage line.
>>
>>5368944
Get the 3" Kylo, skip the rest and move on to "6. It is your destiny.
>>
>>5368944
3.75 is dying, just got the new wave in today and it has a bunch of old stuff 6 inch already did; Jakku finn and rey, pilot poe, 1 FO trooper in the whole box, and han solo now with new coat!
>>
whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>5368944
S.H.Figuarts
>>
3.75 is best for character variety

6 is best for figure and toy quality imo

yuo must chose
>>
File: BOB_03.jpg (138 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
BOB_03.jpg
138 KB, 960x720
1:18
Pros:
+Most amount of characters.
+High quality sculpts.
+Vehicles galore.
+Easier to play with.
+Diorama pieces everywhere

Cons:
-Articulation differs from figure to figure.
>>
>>5369070

Daily dose.
>>
>>5368944
4 inch
>>
>>5368944
3.75 is good if you like buying characters who got literally 5 seconds of screentime.
>>
>>5369438
>Cons:
T hips. T hips everywhere.
>>
5.5 inch
>>
>>5369848
>5 seconds of screentim
But they made Phasma in 6" too.
>>
3.75" is dying. Black line is exclusive to Walmart, with no new waves announced. Everything else in the scale is 5 POA.

I have a decade's worth of 3.75" star wars figures, but I'll probably jump to 6" when Revan comes out.
>>
>>5369438

>Stupid Kid Boba Fett
>>
File: IMG_0217.jpg (96 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0217.jpg
96 KB, 960x720
>>5369897
>>
>tfw 6 inch Poe's face
I just wanted a figure of him. I didn't even like anyone else in the movie.
>>
>>5369901
>no new waves announced.
The last and first quarter of the year is always slow on news, because they're waiting to show all their great shit off for Toy Fair.
>>
If most of your SW collection is 1:18, get the smaller ones, else get the big ones.
>>
File: R5d4.jpg (41 KB, 312x472) Image search: [Google]
R5d4.jpg
41 KB, 312x472
>>5370888
Who /astromech/ here?
>>
How's the articulation for the new 3.75 inch figures?
>>
NONE because they're SHIT
>>
>>5373397
if it's not black series then its shitty 5 poa like old 90s toys to save on costs and dumbass kids will buy em anyway.
>>
>>5371273
FUCK YEAH R5-D4!
When does he get a 6inch scale figure?
When does he get any new merch?
>>
>>5369893
that shit needs to change
dont forgoet 6 inch takes up too much space
>>
>>5374020
>takes up too much space
Do you live in a fucking cardboard box or something?

But seriously, the T-hips are the entire reason I stepped away from the 3.75 inch line. Almost every figure had it, I don't understand why they just couldn't reuse GI Joe bodies
>>
I could see Hasbro axing the 6" when the newbies get bored with collecting and leave the 2 3.75" lines because they take up much less space and affordable.

You have to remember the 6" was failing at retail until the the OMG STAR WARS millenial horde saved it when they ate up every crumb of hype merchandise.

The bandwagons not going to last much longer. I give it 6 months until collecting slows way the fuck down when these new guys look at how theyre wasting all their money.
>>
>>5374053
>I give it 6 months until collecting slows way the fuck down when these new guys

I don't know, might be a bit longer then that.
Remember that in about 6 months time they'll be trying to restart the good old hype-train for Rogue One, so it might get a small second wind.
And from Rogue One it's only like 5 months to Ep 8/the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars

But like you said, the idiots buying up SW merch will pull their heads out of their ass' at some point. I'd guess that most will be gone, as you say, in six months, but they'll be just enough hype amongst the rest to last until the end of this year and then maby build up again for 8/40th.

Then again I'm just speculating
>>
>>5371273
I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS!
>>
>>5374053
Because the hype for ML has died down right? Oh wait...

Who wants to pay $13 for a shitty 3.75" figure when you can pay $20 and get something good?
>>
File: obi wan armored.jpg (126 KB, 800x664) Image search: [Google]
obi wan armored.jpg
126 KB, 800x664
>>5374581
but 1:18 figures can be pretty great and many were.
The 1:18 line in general was really good, because we got a ton of figures in a short amount of time. Even if some had t-hips, for certain characters, it really didn't matter.
The 6" Black series is just a like a slowass trickle. Good stuff, but it really doesn't compare to the great stuff we used to get in a faster time frame.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.