[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found these cool miniature accessories at a Michaels craft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 20151230_121110.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151230_121110.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
I found these cool miniature accessories at a Michaels craft store today and just wanted to share with everyone.

I'm not really good at telling scales, but some were a little bigger than others.

Neat accessories thread I guess. Have you found any neat little things for toys in unexpected places?
>>
File: 20151230_121140.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151230_121140.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Sorry for phone pics, but you have to deal.

Here is pic 2
>>
>>5368769

holy shit I have been wanting mini food for my robots, thanks
>>
I've seen this stuff at michaels too and have been tempted, but for the prices I think I'd rather just buy rement sets.

Cake decorations can be good sometimes.

Another source that /toy/ found a couple years ago is MiWorld diorama sets at Target and TRU. They also sell additional accessories for them.
>>
>>5368769
Thanks op
>>
This one thread is like a window into the fart eating soul of /toy/
>>
I work at an architecture office, I'd love to get some figma-scaled corbusier / mies / eames furniture at some point. I know I've seen people on /toy/ with those sorts of pieces, is there a particular release for them that's recommended though? I've seen a few brands for them just casually looking at Amazon but they generally seem to have build quality issues.
>>
>>5369033
REAC Japan Design Interior Collection.
>>
File: IMG_20151230_235800.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151230_235800.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I fucking love these, I had Duke set up with cookies and a holy bibble for my Christmas decorations
>>
>>5369002
If it were another time of year without the input from highschool then this thread would have been a blast to be in.

>>5369146
Love it. I've been thinking of getting some doll bits and bobs like that for some diorama photos, do some of them come with a stated scale on them or without like in OPs pic?

Not a big deal at all, but i was just curious.
>>
Hobby Lobby carries a decent range of miniatures, and they always have some kind of sale going on. Decent pieces for sure
>>
File: 1392936769378.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1392936769378.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>5368769
Thanks for this OP. I need to go to Micheal's now.
>>
>>5368770
some of those prices
shit man, how much for chibi pencils?
>>
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 1551x1029) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 1551x1029
The jewelry section at craft stores also has some interesting finds.
>>
>>5369762
Gat dam I love your customs, been waiting too long to say so.
>>
>>5369522
>do they come with a stated scale
It's been a while since I bought one but I don't think they do. They do scale from 3.75 (gi joes, starwars) to 6 inch (marvel legends, dcc). Most of their 1/18 stuff are things like baby strollers and picnic tables. Things that would be to big to sell for 1/12 figures in little bags
>>
>>5369924
Too big*
>>
>>5369818
Thanks! They've been sitting in my head for the past four years and it's nice to have finally made them.
>>
>>5368769

Hobby Lobby carries them too.

Hobby Lobby xycles them on sale occasionally.

Both stores have 40% off one item coupons you can print anytime. Michaels I think will even scan your phone if you bring the coupon up there.
>>
>>5369146
I want to see more pics like this. Toys with out of character accesories
>>
Fun tip: If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, the miniature sellers on eBay sell the same miniatures that Michael's and Hobby Lobby sell.

I buy the occassional miniature from Michael's because of their coupon policy. Michael's takes competitor coupons, however there are two rules:
1) Can't use the same type twice (so no 40% off one item from Michael's and another from Hobby Lobby) and
2) Gotta have one item for each coupon (can't use 3 coupons on one item)

Now, this still means you can come in with a 40% off one regular priced item, a 50% off one regular priced item, and a 20% off your entire purchase coupon.
>>
File: tumblr_ns47ai1ndV1qjbpgco1_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns47ai1ndV1qjbpgco1_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>5368769
Hobby Lobby also has a great selection of doll house miniatures. Picked up the couches and table along with a bed and dresser set and a bunk bed for like, 40 bucks total using coupons I found online. The Michaels by my place has a pretty shitty selection, so i can never find stuff like it there, but hopefully the one by my new place will have them in stock.
>>
>>5368769
>>5368770

I'm not sure what your Michaels is trying to pull, but I just came back from there, and all of these accessories and items are only $1.99-$2.99 at mine, and that's the standard price tag, not a sale.

Michaels is great for all these little accessories and props, but they have zero furniture. On the other hand, Hobby Lobby has tons of furniture sets, but they're pretty pricey....
>>
>>5372115
I also bought a nice little living room set (brown couch, chair, and square table) from hobby lobby for ~22 bucks after their coupon. I also buy some stuff from aliexpress. I found a really cool rug that works well with those sets for like 2 bucks. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-2014-Brand-New-Dollhouse-Miniature-Embroidered-Carpet-6-1-2-x-3-7-8/2009098908.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.JWF1GI&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_3_79_78_77_82_80_62_81,searchweb201560_6

It's actually a really nice piece and works perfectly for 6inch figures.
>>
>>5372511
how is your experience with aliexpress? I've seen some stuff i'm interested on there, but the shipping and quality and reliability is pretty worrisome to me.
>>
>>5372532

Not Op but I have ordered some electronics, mostly Arduino stuff off of there.

Shipping is slow as hell but I got the stuff. The two cases where I did not receive my order I got a quick refund.

I don't know but as near as I can tell, Ali Express is more like eBay meets Amazon, and AliExoress seems to hold the money until you confirm you received the item, probably because they know their sellers are all swindley Chinamen.

I would recommend buying from them, just don't be disappointed if you happen to not get the item.
>>
>>5372532
Bump for interest
>>
>>5372549
Well, the fact that they won't make you pay until you receive the item is very reassuring. How is the bootleg situation? Like, if the seller provides a fake but advertised the real thing?
>>
>>5372627

Not sure on that. The Arduino stuff I bought were all obviously clones. ($3 Boards, a mess of sensors).

One item I didn't get was a $30 MP Bumblebee back when it first came out.

Also,you do pay but its almost like they keep the money as a middle man in case of refund because the refunds I got were quick and there wasn't any haggling with a seller or anything. No questions, just straight refund.
>>
>>5372627
>>5372627
Another anon here, I would say 99% of the listings in Ally-Espresso are bootlegs or knockoffs.
>>
Some of these things are cheaper if you order them from a dollhouse supplier like Miniatures.com. Granted there is shipping, but if you're planning to order a bunch of things it evens out really well and they do seem to have free shipping and discount sales sometimes.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.