[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking on buying some revoltech evas. Are they worth it? Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1113.jpg (41 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
1113.jpg
41 KB, 600x385
Thinking on buying some revoltech evas. Are they worth it? Which ones are the best?
>>
Yes they are worth it.
>>
File: tumblr_n6mdlvyWQb1szr7b6o2_1280.jpg (147 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6mdlvyWQb1szr7b6o2_1280.jpg
147 KB, 1280x853
>>5367347
They have their positives and negatives.

+ Very cool looking
+ Can get into extremely dynamic poses
+ There is a really wide range of Eva units available

- Sculpting and paint are a little thick and mushy looking compared to say, the precision sculpts on a Robot Damashii
- Glossy paint may get sticky over time

? - Revolver joints are a love-em-or-hate-em thing. They take a while to get used to I think.

Eva 02 wille custom or whatever (the one in your pic and this one) is my favorite one currently.
>>
>>5367347
For everything but the MP Eva, get the Evo versions.
>>
Would they scale well with the Neca Godzillas?
>>
>>5367595
Maybe? I'll compare them later.
>>
>>5367375
>- Glossy paint may get sticky over time
only a problem with early Revoltechs
>>
>>5367347
They're pretty nice. The paint is a bit glossy tho.
My favourites are the two unit 08's, they look pretty amazing. Bought the two units in your pic for real cheap (15 euros each) and I'm not a big fan of that unit 02 (mostly just personal taste, but it has a couple of flaws that annoy me, mostly the halbred being retardedly hard for the eva to grab and the fact that the the two halves hardly stay together. Unit 13 is pretty cool to look at, the four-armed torso is pretty cool. Yesterday I got Unit 03 and it's great too, lots of accessories. The one that I like the least is the unit 01 (number 100) because despite it having 2 heads the sculpt makes them both look retarded.
>>
>>5367347
Revo evas vs bandai eva kits?
>>
>>5367347
I like the EVA Q movie Revos a little more than the Eva Evolution Series because of how they did the shoulder pylons on them, and they look much more like their in-film counterparts.

Good luck getting Eva-13 at a reasonable price... I hope they get re-issued before the next movie, whenever it is.

Evolution series has batter (and easier) articulation scheme, mostly do to the hip joints, have fun accessories, and are easier to obtain. If you don't mind the stylized look they have, and want a more classic looking Evas, those are the ones for you.

Eva-01 is getting a Legacy release in about a month, if that's cheaper.

I'm hoping we get another batch of new Evangelion Revos in the future, whatever they are (TV ver!!) in the same style as the Eva Q.

Oh and about the sticky paint, not an issue, EXCEPT Eva-08, The one that uses the Evolution body. Most(all?) were sticky out of the box, China probably fucked them and changed the paint mixture on them to skim money. I couldn't clean it out 100%, so I hope it gets Legacy release.
>>
if you can afford it, go for the Robot Damashii ones.
>>
Get the RDs. But if you can't then the revos are good enough.

The first Eva 01 revo release comes with lots of weapons. Yes, it's super old but still worth it IMHO.

My favorite is the eva02 E.O.E. ver. The Q version is cool but for some reason it went quickly into storage for me.
>>
>>5368401
I still prefer the original head design. Not sure why 02 got that Yamato horns. Well I know Eva has lots of battle ships motifs, but still why just 02 gets the design change?
>>
My favorite is the mass production eva. With the wings he looks great
>>
>>5368347
>>5368401
RDs would be great if they had more than 4 of them. If you want any of the 3.0-exclusive ones, you're SOL
>>
File: P7046140.jpg (40 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
P7046140.jpg
40 KB, 480x640
My fav but I'm also partial to the tv versions and the EoE unit 2. Also it's not eva but the revoltech lazengan is amazing.
>>
Guys? I think the anon forcing the click meme died.
>>
>>5368188
Fuck, that would explain why mine had that horrendous sticky paint. A real shame as I love the figure otherwise but I'm having to repaint it because of how unbelievably shitty the paint was.
>>
File: DSC01917 (2).jpg (419 KB, 1728x1296) Image search: [Google]
DSC01917 (2).jpg
419 KB, 1728x1296
I don't care much about the anime, but I've got revol Eva 13 and it's pretty nice, the four arms and two spears are really fun.
>>
I have the 01 and I really regret buying it. It is not by any means a bad figure but the sculpt and the paint apps are very ugly up close imo. It was relatively inexpensive, so all good in my hood. It does come with some sick extras (hands, guns, angel, etc..)
Later I bought a bandai 02 model kit and it was awesome (and cheaper). I would go for that if I were you.
>>
>>5367347
The robot spirits evas are vastly superior. However they only released the main evas and not all the crazy new 2.0 and 3.0 variants. They are also harder to find and more expensive. The Revoltechs are still good and they are more attainable.
>>
Is there a difference in the Legacy of Revoltech figures?
>>
>>5375422
In general, they have the newest type of Revolver joints, which have more clicks and are a bit stronger imo.
Releases after Black Getter have the new joints usually, but not all joints got the upgrade, like the 8mm double joints.

For Evas, 00, 02, 03, Mark06, MP, Beast 02, and Awoken 01 (I think, haven't checked mine) got the new joints for the first time. Eva-01 got the new joints with his last reissue, but the upcoming Legacy will have them also.
>>
>>5375422
Also Eva-02's red plastic seems to be a shade lighter with the Legacy release, I haven't looked at them side by side yet, but looks off to me.
>>
>>5375474
>>5375478
Okay, thanks
>>
In terms of articulation just how good are the Revoltechs in comparison with RD's
>>
>>5380862
About the same, RD has better abs shoulders, but along with the hip joins, you get lots of gaps when you have them in more extreme poses. Where as the Revo actually incorporate the joints better in keeping the silhouette together. Revo has better elbow range. Personally I like the Revo better mainly for the hip joints
>>
>>5380862
They have a generally better range of motion and can hold poses easier with the revolver joints.
The trade-off is that the joint system can sometimes look a bit off.
They're great if you're intending to put them in extremely dynamic poses.
>>
>>5380862
Oh I guess you are familiar with RDs already, my bad.

This should give you a good idea.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51659079.html
>>
>>5380951
Why are the eyes so close together?
>>
File: IMG_20150910_152043.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150910_152043.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
I have the 01 and mass production and am pretty happy with them. Don't love the joints as i prefer continuous joints but they have good articulation so doesn't really matter. Like >>5367375 said the paint and sculpt aren't the best you can get but they are also much more reasonably priced.
>>
>>5371521
Why would you want a reminder of 3.0 anyway?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.