[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interested?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: dbz-figmes-top-164167.jpg (80 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
dbz-figmes-top-164167.jpg
80 KB, 655x380
http://comicbook.com/2015/12/29/dragon-ball-z-lego-style-mini-figures-revealed/
>>
Those are cool, well designed, but I'll stick to Figuarts. God help me if I get into Legos.

I'm glad the Lego community has this though, congrats.
>>
>>5366212
The bootleg ones look better
>>
>>5366212
Literally why? What's the point? What's in the DBZ universe that people would want to build using Lego bricks?

Wake me up when they'll get the licence for something interesting like something with tons of cool robots and vehicles.
>>
File: This_isn't_even_my_final_brick.jpg (31 KB, 655x655) Image search: [Google]
This_isn't_even_my_final_brick.jpg
31 KB, 655x655
>Ayy
>>
>>5366212
Man, the child in me screams buy them my adult part is like you already have enough sh figuarts and you don't have the space for Legos
>>
>>5366256

I was just about to post that.

Yeah, if you dont mind waiting a few weeks, you can buy multi-figure sets of DBZ KO figures for dirt cheap

>>5366268

Personally all Id be interested in would be the minifigs
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (1021 KB, 1833x1257) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
1021 KB, 1833x1257
>>5366268
Just off the top of my head, these would be really fun to have.
>>
File: 4474.png (216 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
4474.png
216 KB, 640x484
>>5366247
>I'll stick to Figuarts
>Figuarts Cell and Broly prices
>>
>>5366672
Rumor is Cell is getting advanced color rerelease

>giving a shit about broly
>>
>>5366212
Lol Lego wont let bandai have these in the u.s. Without getting a cut
>>
File: Col081.jpg (38 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
Col081.jpg
38 KB, 460x690
>>5366275
>lmao
>>
>>5366672
Yeah I don't know why the fuck those two in particular are the most expensive by a wide margin.

Although maybe it's just because there's never been good figures of them before, which just makes their current prices extra tragic.
>>
>>5366799
Why? Does lego get a cut of mega blocks?
>>
>>5366212
If these are compatible with Lego, I'd be interested to see what other lines they make. Could lead to some interesting hairpieces.
>>
>>5366347
I doubt that would sell, they're irrelevant as fuck.
>>
>Krillin is the same size as everyone else

D R O P P E D
R
O
p
P
E
D
>>
So at what point will Lego sue another company? Or is this some sort of joint operation?
>>
>>5368197
At this point it's only if another company calls their version lego or if their minifigs are exactly like Lego's. Lego's patent expired awhile ago, that's why most of the other brick building toys are actually compatible with lego pieces now. Unlike before when they had to make the pieces slightly different.
>>
>>5368310
>Lego's patent expired awhile ago
Ohhh interesting, I had no idea.
>>
>>5366672
I'll sell you my Cell.
>>
File: icantfaptothis.jpg (25 KB, 316x320) Image search: [Google]
icantfaptothis.jpg
25 KB, 316x320
>"lego style"

>not actual lego

Dropped before it even began.
>>
>>5369031

It must be suffering to be such a slave to a corporation. I bet just hearing the words "brand loyalty" gives you butterflies and makes you feel all fuzzy inside, doesn't it?
>>
>>5369042

Lego is the legit shit. Well made product thats been around for generations.

All these other "Lego Style" toys are always cheap shit.

Megablocks is the only one that comes close to Lego, but even they have issues like ugly swirly plastic colors.

Even these Bandai DBZ guys just look kind of off. Like one of those really weird KO sets youd see in Mexico.
>>
File: 1295001352938.jpg (20 KB, 422x347) Image search: [Google]
1295001352938.jpg
20 KB, 422x347
As much as i'm a DB fan I gotta say. Isn't a little late to release this? I mean, the chinese have been milking the franchise for some years. This doesn't seem compatible with lego at all, they look kinda cute tho. A little simplified for my taste, the flat heads looks weird. It'd be cool if the hairpices fit in actual lego minifigs.
>>
Hello guys, first time posting in this forum. I got interested because it was featured on the front page. What's a KO set if you don't mind me asking?
>>
File: is dis elfboy serious.gif (178 KB, 212x327) Image search: [Google]
is dis elfboy serious.gif
178 KB, 212x327
>>5369077
>>
>>5369077

Knock off. Decool is one of the most well known Lego knock off companies, typically they straight rip off Lego mini figures and designs, but sometimes they do come out with unique sculpts and characters. They put out a Dragon Ball Z set awhile back since there wasn't a Lego set available.

This set isn't one of their better versions, they've since improved the Gohan and Vegeta figures. But these ones come with Lego scale Dragon Balls.
>>
>>5369058

Dragon Ball is being revived. It's the perfect time for them to release this.
>>
File: IMG_2928.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2928.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>5369110
Surprise, I actually have one of these! A good friend got me it. I think I'll paint the limbs at some point.
Shoulda put my SHF Piccolo in here too.
>>
>>5369020
how much m8
>>
>>5369050
Kre-O's not bad. It helps that they try to make their figures look like their own thing, and conversely don't do anything weird to differentiate the bricks like Megablocks does.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 384x384
>>5370468
But it failed because I don't know
They where ok, but kind of expensive for what they are
>>
>>5370468
>>5370840

I thought Kre-O sets were pretty cheap, all things considered.

I think the issue is that aside from Transformers, they just had really shitty properties. I mean, fucking Battleship? The new Star Trek movies? Even the GI Joe line wasn't really so good.

Also, the Kreon minifigures looked like ass. They're stylized to the point that they look like weird robots. Which, again, works perfectly fine for the Transformers minifigures....not so much for literally anything else. God, they just looked so bad.

Also, the plastic quality wasn't so good. I bought one Transformer set that literally had sand somehow molded into the brick. I have no fucking clue how that would happen. Plus, minifigures tended to always have broken parts, stress marks on lots places like the wrist sockets, and really poorly placed decals and paint on the minifigures. Faces were often skewed at an angle, and chest and leg paint was usually thick and sloppy somehow.

Also, the final builds were often really weird. They were kind of in between LEGO and Mega Bloks for how the final product of their sets worked.

LEGO had a fuckton of different pieces, and each piece can be built up to usually make a really seamless looking set or build. Mega Bloks has a lot fewer pieces, but the pieces are specialized and designed so that the final product actually looks like a straight-up toy Jeep, or ship, or vehicle or whatever.

A lot of Kre-O stuff...the final product just looks like a bunch of bricks some kid stacked together, and then a couple of highly-detailed, well-sculpted pieces slapped on that look really out of place. Examples are like, the Transformer heads and hands that look more like they belong on actual TF action figures than in a building set.

Kre-O failed because just about aspect--the properties, the minifigures, the builds, the sets, the quality--was all really low, or awkward at best.
>>
>>5370232
>Dragon Ball is being revived
No, it isn't. Dragon Ball is definitely dead.
>>
>>5369042
when that brand is so good that it laps second place, yes, it does make me feel fuzzy. I try not to be a brand-whore, but I just don't like screwing around with inferior products
>>
>>5370866
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I was afraid it was just deep nostalgia goggles, since I have been collecting Lego since I was 5.

I look at the Kree-O Transformers sets and just cringe at how amateurish they look. I mean, that's the best they could do? really? and those "transforming" minifigs are pitiful. I want to buy a set, to try it out, but it seems like I would just be throwing money away. I would rather just buy actual Transformers
>>
>>5369020
>>5370459
pls respond
>>
File: optimus.jpg (72 KB, 1024x594) Image search: [Google]
optimus.jpg
72 KB, 1024x594
>>5370996

They've pretty much evaporated from stores, and even at that, I bought most of my TF Kre-O stuff at a huge discount.

,,,Well, I don't even have any of it anymore, but at one point I had something like, 120 of the Transformers minifigures, because I thought the proportions actually looked kind of cool for TFs (but ugly as sin for normal humans).

Most of the sets I never even bothered building. The pieces just got thrown into a box.

I think this time last year (or maybe two years ago) TRU was having a massive clearance on stuff, and they had probably three lines of Kre-O TF stuff in the store at once. Well, they were clearancing that shit out at like, 75% off.

I had been collecting the blindbag TF Kreon figures at the time, so at 75% off, it was worth buying up the sets just for the minifigures. So I swooped like a whole aisle's worth of sets into a cart, and paid like, $100 for like, $800 worth of Kre-O sets.

The few I built were pretty shitty, truth be told. Except for this one. This one was strangely badass. I ended up buying like three of this set (It was a $30 set, and I think I got them for $4 each.) Just so I could have one in truck mode, one in Robot mode and....a third one, because fuck it, it was $4.
>>
>>5366212
These aren't official, are they? The faces are inaccurate and the shirt folds could be better. The hair is nice though.
>>
>>5369110
>Lego scale Dragon Balls
Those look like marbles. Way too big to be in scale with those figs. Those robo-claws that are holding them are in fact show accurate though.
>>
>>5371424
Yes, they are, Bandai has a license for them.
>>
>>5371003
>>5370459
>>5369020
pls respond
>>
>>5366347
Toriyama does cool mechanical designs, but most of those things hardly even matter as background elements and set pieces.
>>
Really not a fan of those faces. And Krillin and Frieza don't have head pegs? That makes me worry the hair on the others will be fixed in place.
>>
>>5370468
I have a few blind bag Kreos and a lot of them ended up with stress marks from being played with normally. Something I never got with Lego or Mega Bloks.
>>
>>5372132
Specially from translucid plastic isn't it?
>>
>>5370871

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/28/dragon-ball-super-coming-this-year
>>
>>5366268
i'd buy a cell games arena or the hyperbolic time chamber
>>
>>5371592
Maybe they're Namekian Dragonballs?
>>
>>5366212
Here's hoping that Bandai will make more with IP's other than Dragon Ball. It's an easy cash-in for them.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.