[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
transformers general: constructicons edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 1402641449053.jpg (41 KB, 720x416) Image search: [Google]
1402641449053.jpg
41 KB, 720x416
Look bonecrusher.
New thread!
>>
>>5365461
So what's the story with the micromaster constructicons?
Are they worth the purchase?
>>
Does anyone still play with their Transformers like some child?

I still enjoy making an army of Autobots and Decepticons and making them beat the shit out of each other every once in a while personally.
>>
File: DEVASTATOR PLAYING WITH HIMSELF.jpg (100 KB, 794x960) Image search: [Google]
DEVASTATOR PLAYING WITH HIMSELF.jpg
100 KB, 794x960
>>5365503
Looking back, its kinda sad I never did that, the sound of clanging metal/plastic used to scare me, would end up playing with their arms and legs and stand them up and just line them up, a habbit I still do seeing how it causes less stress to the joints, its rare I try to pose them and leave them as such since I'm terrible at posing.

Pic not mine as my devastator will just be standing there like a fat bastard
>>
File: rdanimegundam6.jpg (81 KB, 509x712) Image search: [Google]
rdanimegundam6.jpg
81 KB, 509x712
>>5364614
>>5365424
>perhaps he means the new mg origin rx-78-02

Nah man, I meant the Robot Damashii rx-78, The Anime version. its super articulated
>>
>>5365515
Oh that thing, well fair enough.

Wonder how many more years for a third revision of the rx-78
>>
>>5365506
i still dont get the purpose of the purple knee pads, he never had those, did he?
>>
>>5365503
I think the weirder people are those that just kind of keep them on a shelf for good. You got all these nice toys that are articulated decently and turn into another toy essentially, why not mess with them at least a bit, if you don't want to, just collect statues honestly.
>>
File: Masterpiece-Road-Rage-8.jpg (51 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Masterpiece-Road-Rage-8.jpg
51 KB, 960x720
What is it that's so awful about the Masterpiece Tracks mold? I really want Road Rage.
>>
>>5365506
>the sound of clanging metal/plastic used to scare me
>would end up playing with their arms and legs and stand them up and just line them up.
Hah.
>>
File: no fun.jpg (74 KB, 453x479) Image search: [Google]
no fun.jpg
74 KB, 453x479
>>5365531
Its all front, the back end of the car mode just sorta hangs there and has a shit profile.

I find roadrage to be weak, its bare red plastic, tracks has glorious blue mica paint, but the poseability is fine and with some creative shots either one looks amazing.

You want her, get her, our opinions can't stop you.

>>5365532
To be fair I was...a sensitive child, one experience that actually had me self impose a ban on people coming over was caused when a rather rough friend snapped a toy computer in half, he tried to flip it closed like a laptop.

It was a box monitor attached to a keyboard, other friends were just as careless, my g1 optimus's trailer door being snapped in half was shitty too.

The metal clanging sounds were also bad, when I dropped an old g1 toy because our house had the most...glorious wood over stone that was ultra reflective, when I dropped one on it my father would come down on me the second he heard the clang...and the toy in question would end up in pieces.

Fun was basically not allowed in my house as a child (but lets skip expanding my blog), when I have kids I'll make sure every room has carpet and their rooms won't have anything to worry about in terms of breakages.
>>
>Who will you combine me with senpai?
>are they all going to be ROOKies?
>>
>>5365545
I'm workin on a custom team of technobots, if they oficials ever come i'll give the customs to Skylynx, Trailbraker seems to be the better representation we'll have of his G1 design for a while.
>>
>>5365531
It wasn't designed by Hasui so people automatically shit on it.

To be fair, it's certainly a different quality than the other MP molds. The only thing I straight up dislike are the unnecessary ratchets in the knees and elbows, and how limited they are. Otherwise it's a great and unique transformation, and the flying car mode is well-integrated.

Although I really don't like Road Rage. Is she even painted red, or is it just red plastic? It looks so dull in every picture I see.

>>5365541
>Its all front, the back end of the car mode just sorta hangs there and has a shit profile.
The back end of the car mode clips in quite securely in robot mode. I can pick mine up and shake him around by it without it coming loose. His profile is slight, but it matches his personality and image well. In pictures, the gap behind his neck seemed annoying, but in person I find that I don't even notice it. It's odd that so many people are letting such a small gripe define what is otherwise an amazing rendition of a flying C3 Corvette robot.

All MPs have some flaws, because ultimately they are being compared to some unobtainable, nonexistent, perfect representation of a character that all of us have in our heads, but none of them seem to get singled out and picked apart as hard as Tracks'. Or maybe just not anymore. I remember MP-12 catching quite a bit of shit back in the day for being too simple, his chest being to wide, and the gap in his shins, but nobody really seems to care about those things now. People complain that Tracks' shoulders don't peg in, but neither do the Datsuns, who also have knees that don't peg in, but neither of those things ever get mentioned.
>>
>>5365559
Its red plastic, also no flight stand, she gets a big over compensating gun instead
>>
File: 230px-Masquerade_Tracks_firing.jpg (15 KB, 230x184) Image search: [Google]
230px-Masquerade_Tracks_firing.jpg
15 KB, 230x184
>>5365562
>Its red plastic, also no flight stand, she gets a big over compensating gun instead
That's a damn shame. The flight stand was a lot of fun. And a lot of people complained about Tracks' tiny gun, but... it's HIS gun. It would be like people complaining that a Donatello figure only came with a stick as a weapon.

I like the small gun, anyway, nice to have some variety among all the rifles. The thing Road Rage has doesn't even look like a gun, just some spare part of the toy masquerading as a weapon.
>>
>>5365562
>no flight stand
>>5365573
Ummm, you guys realize you can just use any Tamashii or Figma stand, right?

Transformers, figuarts, figmas and revoltechs all have the same peg size for stands, i'm not joking, try it out
>>
>>5365545
Black silver and purple repaint when?
>>
>>5365575
I realize that but..what about thsoe who don't have those stands?

That and similar price points, don't tell me the gun cost as much as the stand?

That's my beef

>>5365576
...shattered glass?

I'm unfamiliar with who that is supposed to homage
>>
>>5365496
>So what's the story with the micromaster constructicons?

They're cute. CUTE!

>Are they worth the purchase?

That depends on if you want them.
>>
>>5365581
No, mostly that everything looks good in black silver and purple, but it would make for an interesting Universe Razorclaw homage.
>>
>>5365531
>I really want Road Rage.

Get Tracks. Roadrage despite labelled as a female Autobot looks entirely a dude
>>
File: zodiac.png (181 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.png
181 KB, 424x318
are there any good european online toy stores i could order some transformers from?

something like Tfsource without having to pay 50€ for shipping.

And the conversion rates between yuro and pound are fucked.
>>
>>5365521
Nope, he never did. That's one of the reasons why I passed on the PE upgrade set and am going with one of the other ones that has green pieces to fill in those holes.
>>
>>5365531
The backpack floats too far away from the body leaving a huge ugly gap that's obvious from every angle except for dead on like your photo. Tracks was one of my favorite toys as a kid, and is by far the worst looking masterpiece transformer I own. I cancelled my roadrage order the day I got tracks.
>>
Roadrage is one of my favourite childhood toys, since I had the diaclone. I'm so torn on the MP. Love how accurate most of it is to the original, except for the damn head which desperately needs a mouthpiece. And the floating neck. And the hood that can't close. And the wobbly hips. And the flipping insignia panel that doesn't lock... Ugh. So much to love and hate.

>>5365573

The gun is toy accurate. I love it.
>>
I'm surprised by how truly terrible CW Leader Megs is
>>
>>5365711
But anon he's the best there is :^)
>>
>>5365705
The diaclone one had a faceplate though.
>>
File: 4Chan2.jpg (71 KB, 573x261) Image search: [Google]
4Chan2.jpg
71 KB, 573x261
>>5365711

What is so bad about him?
>>
>>5365694
I don't see why those pieces have to be filled, does it make him more accurate or something?

I think PE has the best hands and foot, but their shoulders extensions arrent the best
>>
>>5365667
what about Kapowtoys?

I think Transforemrsland is european as well
>>
>>5365747
he mentioned that already. jackass
>>
>>5365765
The world's shittiest arms
Vehicle mode is nice though (but rotating the turret feels absolutely dire)
>>
>>5365783

Whats wrong with the arms? They're on sturdy joints, and they've got a wide range of motion? Is it the red stalks?
>>
>>5365783
>but rotating the turret feels absolutely dire
Which sucks, cause THATS the reason why his arms suck so bad.

The rest of him sucked because they wanted working treads. such a shame
>>
File: Screenshot_.png (69 KB, 854x568) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_.png
69 KB, 854x568
Reposting from other thread

Lel
>>
>go shopping for Combaticons
>only thing they have is Blast Off
>really wanted an Onslaught

im gonna have to order them online aren't I
>>
File: BetterPutOnYour3DGlassesBitch.png (73 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
BetterPutOnYour3DGlassesBitch.png
73 KB, 320x286
>>5365812

Considering no place seems to have Onslaught yet except for a few specialty stores online that got them early and immeadiately sold out of them excepting for Onslaught/Shelfwarmer 2 packs, yes.
>>
>>5365623
>women should have wide hips and boobs

Let me guess, you're one of those who bitched about captain phasma looking like a guy stormtrooper?
>>
>>5365817
People actually fucking care about captain designed-by-middle-aged-marketing-executives?
>>
>>5365818
Believe it or not, them fedora tippers think its seriuz bizniz
>>
>>5365818

More like Captain Boba Fett. Same fucking character. Portrayed as badass, does absolutely fucking nothing. A literal waste of space.

Feminists must be pissed given how much she was hyped. Fucking random unnamed (fan named TR-8R) Stormtrooper has more fan love than her right now.
>>
>>5365816

Well i'm not seeing anyone else, either. I'd even take a Brawl at this point.
>>
>>5365825

Wll yeah, TR-8R actually did something cool. Great fight scene. [spoiler]Also lol white fascist oppressor beating down poor innocent diddunuffin, its like pottery, bravo abrams etc etc[/spoiler]
>>
>>5365826

Just order'em online. I do know the 4 limb Combaticon's are out in the wild, I saw them yesterday at my middle of fucking nowhere Walmart for example. But you can easily get them for MSRP online.

It's Onslaught thats gonna rape your wallet since he's being scalped at 2x the price or being packed with Scattershot the Shelfwarmer for MSRP, so you either pay double...Or you end up paying double and getting the worst repaint in the line.
>>
>>5365833
>the worst repaint in the line
Thats a weird way to spell Wheeljack.
>>
What's the best place to order Hastak TF online?
>>
>>5365841
>implying Wheeljack looks half as bad as this blob of red with the wrong head
>>
File: Wheeljack-02.jpg (32 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
Wheeljack-02.jpg
32 KB, 752x564
>>5365850
Torso mode Scattershot have always been a big red block, he has the wrong head but at least the head is covered in paint unless this prototipey-looking thing with the worst robotmode in the line.
>>
>>5365812
Onslaught hasn't hit shelves. You'll be able to tell when he dies, because you'll see a whole lot of Scattershots.

>>5365825
I don't get why Phasma is compared to Boba Fett, she's far worse. Boba Fett just stood around, Phasma is solely responsible for the entire loss of her side, because she's scared of a blaster. A good scene for VIII would be to put her on trial and execute her for such a stupid thing.
>>
>>5365857

i'll try and grab what combaticons I can, though I might just say fuck it and buy the 4 bundle.

I really wish Takara had the UW up but from what i've read Hasbro is being cunts about the whole thing??
>>
>>5365850
Hard to say. At least, mold-wise, that looks solid. Wheeljack has scrawny arms, a dumpy head, that pathetic Lacia-canopy-bib... it just looks so pitiable. Like a kid who made a crappy Wheeljack costume out of cardboard. His slapdash paint apps don't help one bit.
>>
>>5365860
Just say fuck ot and buy the bundle, honestly. You're going to get them all to complete Bruticus, and "thrill of the hunt" is never as good as it seems.
>>
>>5365863
>"thrill of the hunt" is never as good as it seems
The "thrill of the hunt" often amounts to mostly disappointment and wasted gas, for me.
>>
>>5365867

Same here. I'd spend more in gas hunting a figure down than I would in shipping just ordering online. I do occasionally check if I'm out buying other things, but I don't go out just looking for figures.
>>
>>5365816
>Considering no place seems to have Onslaught yet except for a few specialty stores online

There were multiple reports about a month ago of Onslaught/Scattershot at Targets in Texas. They were at brick and mortar, briefly, but then...nothing.
>>
>>5365818
>people actually fucking care about captain designed-by-middle-aged-marketing-executives?

Right the entire movie was safe by the numbers merchandising vehicle by Disney. It's mind boggling you hear claims that it's better than the Prequels when it's pretty much the same shit except copy-pasted version of the OT.
>>
>>5365857
>I don't get why Phasma is compared to Boba Fett

Presented as potentially badass.
Unique costumes to distinguish themselves as "important".
Absolutely zero actual personality.
Ultimately did nothing.
Died/thrown into the trash at the first conflict they got into.

Thats why. She's Boba 2.0. And with all that fanwank extended universe stuff gone, Boba doesn't even have that to back him up anymore.

Shit, Predaking is basically the same too. Supposed to be badass as fuck, then shows up and gets his ass handed to him, and then is never seen again (at least in the US).
>>
>>5365856
He doesn't have the worst bot mode. Just lacking easily fixed paint.
>>
>>5365893
Long torso, skinny arms, crappy hips, short thights and fat legs, he is a repaint from Breakdown who was only passable because of his paint aps and because the cw was the only way to get a "classics" figure of him, cw Wheeljack has all those cons and none of the pros in its favor, Scattershot is a lazy repaint, but at least the base figure is one of the best in the line.
>>
>>5365889
Don't worry, Predaking got worse in Headmasters. He went from being the strongest combiner, to being casually beaten by Raiden, and the Headmasters (and I don't think they did anything fancy to beat him either).
>>
>>5365914
>Long torso, skinny arms, crappy hips, short thights and fat legs,
So it's accurate.
>>
>>5365775
yuro to pound conversion is bit fucked.

id have to pay extra just for that.
>>
>>5365515
Yeah, I wasn't sure what he meant by "new" RX.
>>
File: BestSeller.png (62 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
BestSeller.png
62 KB, 393x393
>>5365917

None of the combiner teams are really done well in the cartoons. I'd love to see a Justice League style TF cartoon, you know. More serious (but not TOO serious), accurate designs (none of this hyper-stylized shit that's been polluting the franchise and makes for truly terrible, gangly limbed toys) and focusing not on any one set of characters too much, giving everyone on ALL sides some good characterization.

Shit, they could probably even call it Transformers: Generations, and tie damn near everything they make into it as a result. It'd give Hasbro a reason to shit out ANY Transformer they'd want and still have a cartoon backing it to entice the little bastards into buying.
>>
>>5365996
What happened to the Machinima series? did they gave a date?
>>
File: ThunderMayhem.png (64 KB, 982x375) Image search: [Google]
ThunderMayhem.png
64 KB, 982x375
Reposting since nobody said we're starting a new thread.

Just got Armada Starscream.

I knew he couldn't flip his cannons arounds, but they could've made that assembly rotate.

The replacements for the wing not becoming the sword are pretty weak (I'm surprised a third party hasn't jumped on that) but he had a seperate sword in the game (which is what I think of him as).

Better than nothing. but could be better, if he was a voyager, i'm sure most of my issues would be nullified (the prospect of which makes me salivate).
>>
>>5365917
>He went from being the strongest combiner, to being casually beaten by Raiden, and the Headmasters (and I don't think they did anything fancy to beat him either).

Those are a) the strongest combiner by being the newest toy in japan at the time and b) the strongest heroes with exception to Fortress by being the main characters of their tv show.
>>
>>5366010

When your name is right on the cover of the product, it's hard to lose.
>>
>>5365581
>>5365607

I thought you were referencing the giant purple griffin.
>>
>>5366016
>>5365607

I thought he was referencing the G1 Vehicon repaint designed by Guido
>>
>>5366025
Hm, that's cool and all, but I feel the Vehicon would have a more unique design, something with a aggressive vehicle. I could totally see that guy walking around in the devastation game.
>>
Did Takara an ounce Shuttle Blast off yet? I want to know if my embargo has been lifted.
>>
>>5365817
Phasma had a larger chest protrusion than a normal trooper and a female voice. Blatantly female. The problem is that she is a filthy traitor and can't fight.
>>
>>5366114
No, we don't know how much it will weigh.
>>
>>5365830
Nothing is given about "TR-8R". Hell, he might have been a recruit from the same village as Finn and would also be a a dark-skinned human given his desire to duel Finn in melee instead of just shooting him like the other ones.
>>
My Roadrage just arrived today, and i realize i don't have a single other fembot to pose her with. None of the recent deluxes pair up well.

I kind of want to spring for that 3rd party Crasher to go with her.
>>
>>5366151
Movie Fracture(classics mirage repaint) looks better and is cheaper.
>>
>>5365857
I'm expecting a scene where a bunch of bad guys including Hex, Kylo Ren, and a bunch of Stormtroopers are in an escape craft and Phasma's suit is covered in filth while she mutters "FN-2187" over and over again. Then dialogue that goes like:

>You incompetent cur! Your dropping of the shields is responsible for the destruction of of the Starkiller! What do you have to say for yourself?

>It was a tactical error. I anticipated that my troops would have successfully detained the invaders.

>So not only did you ruin everything, you are also incompetent at training the Stormtroopers! I believe you know what to do, Ren?

>Of course. These wounds are nothing to deal with such a weakling.

>URKK

*Phasma is carried by a Force Choke outside of an airlock and into space, where she dies from heat loss and decompression*

>Heh. You, fiddling with your blaster! You are Captain now.
>>
>>5366169
But it doesn't scale well. I should proably get her to go with my other deluxe fembots, but i don't think it would look right with Roadrage.
>>
>>5366195
Road Rage is just a big girl
Like that woman who is like two heads above the others in Game of Thrones
>>
>>5366214
>Road Rage is just a big girl
For you, maybe.
>>
>>5365545
I'm putting the Masquerade/Optimus Maximus limbs on him except Smokescreen in Prowl's place.
>>
File: reduced-sdnktppu.jpg (25 KB, 640x578) Image search: [Google]
reduced-sdnktppu.jpg
25 KB, 640x578
>>5365545
I wasnt going to get him because by himself he looks boring, but dat torso mode...

I was going to make something with battle core using mirage, prowl, hound, and wheeljack, but now I'll give those to Sky and get a 3P kit to turn BC into White prime Magnus.
>>
>>5365817
Oh boo hoo you have to spend an extra $20.
>>
>>5365817
I would've liked her lips to be colored.
>>
>>5366320
Way to reply to the wrong person.
>>
>>5366326
INTERNET INDEED.
>>
>>5366324
I would've liked her face to be masked
>>
>>5365796
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>5366216

Nobody asked you Littlefinger.
>>
>>5365496
The micromaster constructicons were repaints of the Sixbuilder team from Japan. During Transformers: Zone(?) when Japan was selling Micromasters, they made a bunch of different "six" teams, like Sixtrain, Sixwing, etc.

I think the aftermarket prices on that Micromaster Devastator are pretty awful right now, but that may have changed with the release of stuff like Titan Devy.

I don't own the set, but keep in mind that the six-team combiners all require a ton of combiner kibble to build, which can also form a neat little spaceship thing for micromasters to ride.
>>
>>5366114
Yeah, there was an image released last week. People have been HYPE AS FUCK.
>>
File: sexstorm.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
sexstorm.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Always thought Sandstorm was Springer with a silly backpack. But that backpack is quite useful when you need to accommodate for extra big guns.
>>
>>5366474

Don't know the character, but his color scheme I like. Yellow/orange/black is a nice scheme.
>>
>>5366483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ22yVCnk2o
>>
>>5366484

Oh wow, I totally forgot both of those guys.
>>
>>5366458
I call bull since its never been posted here and Nothing is found in Google.
>>
>>5366483
He is a hippy that Rodimus Prime blew up his homeworld in the name of peace.
>>
>>5366498
You missed it? he wasn't that good looking, visible hands.

Yuki posted it, but took it down immediately.
>>
>>5366565
Oh okay so didn't actually happen. Got it.
>>
>>5365889
>I didn't read farther than the first words I saw
Are you autistic?
>>
>>5366598
>>5366565
Wasn't it a retooled Alpha Bravo (sans rotors) with a new head and the back fin replaced with a modified Classics Astrotrain wing backpack?
>>
>>5366598
Just because you aren't quick to the draw?

Don't woory about it, you'll see him soon
>>
>>5366619
No. This picture didn't exist.
>>
>>5366623
Or context clues. It would've been all over the TFG.
>>
>>5366625
Everyone was sleeping, i'm in a different timezone.
>>
>>5366628
Oh okay. So still complete bullshit.
>>
>>5366636
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>5366642
There's nothing to worry about because this picture never happened.
>>
>>5366645
Don't worry about it, it's all good.
>>
>>5366649
Again. There's nothing to worry about because it never happened.
>>
File: 76.jpg (12 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
12 KB, 281x179
>>5366657
>>
>>5366657
It's cool.
>>
>Tracks is too thin and girly
>Road Rage is too thick and manly
lol
>>
>>5366619

Retooled torso so the nose points up as a arm.

Pretty clever making the wings fold over to become the new lower arm bits but the effect is kind of hollow.

Still better than Take Off.
>>
>>5366778
Nope.
>>
>>5366316
I want to see a review of these already. the beelzeboss set looks like it retains combined mode. Would be nice to see something like this for motormaster
>>
>>5366868
This set looks gorgeous. Even has multiple weapons.
>>
File: dev5_zpsrl5ccrg5.jpg (56 KB, 800x376) Image search: [Google]
dev5_zpsrl5ccrg5.jpg
56 KB, 800x376
Who /thirdparty/ here? These fags look tremendous and I don't actually have a car payment tier devastator in the collection.
>>
File: masterpiece voyager.jpg (87 KB, 720x748) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece voyager.jpg
87 KB, 720x748
>>5366927
Can't afford to collect third party out of fears that I would be encouraged by my subconscious to "collect em all".

A lot of them do look good. Has there ever been a Devastator where each limb was leader class-tier?
>>
>>5366927
These are the ones I'm getting. Seeing Thew's Devy review tipped me. Come to >>5365638, that's the current topic of discussion.
>>
File: Galvatron.jpg (303 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Galvatron.jpg
303 KB, 1200x1200
>>5366927

Only 3P that interests me is Feral Rex, and only because theres no CW Predaking. He's the only one of the 3P Predaking's that doesn't have some sort of massive structural flaw that turns him to shit. He also unfortunately happens to be retardedly fucking expensive to boot.

Everyone else I care about has been remade fairly faithfully by the CW/UW series, or other existing toys, or is gonna be remade in Titan Wars, or is on the tail end of the CW/UW stuff (ie: Skylynx, Bruticus).

Some other 3P shit looks REALLY nice though, but outside of shit that just hasn't been remade in forever (Dinobots), or doesn't have a good existing toy since G1 (Sixshot) or doesn't have a toy (IDW Turmoil), I don't see a reason to pay those retarded fucking prices 3P stuff asks for.
>>
>>5366942
Contemplating REALLY hard if I should get Galvatron. Those hollow wrists look worse than what Ultra Magnus had.
>>
>>5366943
You haven't seen PM Optimus Prime. Not only are his hands hollow for no reason, his chest looks like shit, and his head looks awful.
>>
>>5366943

Judging by the picture, it looks like the fists fold into those holes. It doesn't look hollow for no reason, it's part of the transformation.

And honestly, I'll take fold out hands over solid, push-out-on-a-peg hands (which got stuck or broke all the time) or partsforming hands (lol Seekers, and a bunch of others) from the G1 days.
>>
>>5366948
Fair point. Shame wrists don't rotate but everything else looks decent.
>>
>>5366948
>>5366942

Oh, and don't take my choices as brand loyalty or anything of the sort. They just happen to be the cheapest representations of the characters I enjoy, relative to their size/quality.

If 3P's didn't insist on wild bullshit like pricing fucking Legends (or even smaller) figs at nearly $30 dollars or Deluxe/Voyager/Leader sized shit at $85-200 fucking Freedomerica Eaglebux per figure, I'd be a lot more inclined to go with their stuff. I'm not made of money.
>>
>>5366951

It'd be nice, but it's no dealbreaker for me.

Hell, even 3P figures have hollow parts. Look at the aformentioned Feral Rex figures. They've got the same hollow forearms. At $100+ per figure no less.
>>
>>5366958
It's economy of scale. Hasbro can get lower costs by manufacturing en masse something that 3Ps don't have the resources for.
>>
Enjoy your Walky Hound

http://www.toydojo.com/fans-toys-ft-15-willys-willis/
>>
>>5366964

True. Still, some figures are still a little more reasonable than others. Those MMC(?) Not-Arcee's aren't that bad for the price.

And honestly they could probably knock a bit off the price by not including dumb shit like comics, cards, and a bajillion weapons with every figure.
>>
>>5366045
it does make sense though. gun hand, car with wings. Very vehicon
>>
>>5366969
Why. Why would anyone.
>>
I can't believe I never thought to raise up Defensor's shoulders - it really improves the proportions.
>>
>>5367084

That makes him look awkward, at least to me.
>>
>>5365545
4 Sunstreakers + Sky Lynx = EGO MAXIMUS
>>
>>5367097
>spends all it's time polishing itself
>inevitably drives itself mad by trying to decide from which angle it looks most magnificent
>>
File: Ruination-and-Combaticons-158.jpg (53 KB, 690x477) Image search: [Google]
Ruination-and-Combaticons-158.jpg
53 KB, 690x477
>>5367084
>>5367091
It's very anime, I like it. I'm gonna do that with Bruticus
>>
>>5367084
So gay. Are they going to get married next like Rewind and Chromedome?
>>
>>5367121
I am gay and that sounds great.
>>
>>5367122
>I am gay
Damn. So I can't insult you by calling you a faggot so... Errr, best wishes to you and your partner, then.
>>
>>5367128
>Errr, best wishes to you and your partner, then.
Thanks man.
>>
File: Why Can't He Look Down.jpg (664 KB, 740x1046) Image search: [Google]
Why Can't He Look Down.jpg
664 KB, 740x1046
>>5367091
I like how it puts him in more of a "ready to kick ass" kind of stance.
>>
>>5367132
Looks like he's shrugging his shoulders like "I dunno, man..."
>>
>>5367121
Well, according to >>5363380 Defensor is a yandere who has a crush on the jock, Superion. And now they're getting married, everybody's happy, hooray!

#lovewins
>>
>>5367134
that's because you don't have dynamism in mind anon. Think of a Revoltech, how they're always in a shoulders-pushed-up position, ready to do something badass
>>
>>5367136
Yey! :-D
>>
>>5367132
So how's the stability then?
The chest plate locks in place with the stock shoulder configuration.
>>
>>5367136
>Menasor and Piranacon are a cute couple but Abominus is jealous and wants Piranacon for himself. Meanwhile, Devastator is pervy flirt who got to third base with all Decepticon combiners. Predaking is going out with Bruticus but Bruticus is saving himself for Superion.

>The autobot combiners are all convent bots who are well behaved but with a kinky hidden side. Defensor is a yandere. Computron is a shy nerd who has the hots for the jock, Superion. Victorion is totally a grumpy bossy tsundere.

>Monstructor is the wacky weirdo who eats paste

Someone make this into a comic
>>
>>5367144
It's fine for me. The shoulders will stay in that diagonal position, but they will rotate if they aren't held. It might take a couple extra seconds to position the arms, but it's nothing major - especially since the chest plate didn't lock very well on mine in the first place.
>>
>>5363439
>Episode 1: The Dance
>Defensor was strolling along the rust sea, excited for the upcoming Combiner Dance.
>"Abo-cha~n! Abo-chaaaannn!!!! Where are you Abo-chan?" Defensor shouted in his sing-song voice.
>Abominus appeared pigeon-toed behind a ruined tower, hiding something behind his skirt. "De-Defenchan! Wha... Why ate you here?"
>"Stupid baka!" Defensor giggled. "The Dance is next week! I'm here to be the escort of my precious Abo-Chan!"
>"B-but..." Abominus blushed nervously, in his heart he wanted to dance with Piranacon by the moonlight. It would be very romantic when Piranacon's scales glitter like the stars above. Oh how Abominus longed for Pirana-kun's touch... But the reality is Menasor and Pirana-kun are already an item. Eberybody knew it when Pirana-kun gave Menasor a heart locket down at the Ice Cream Cafe.
>"Is something the matter, Abo-Chan?" Defensor giggled again. He stepped nearer, inhaling Abominus's peppermint perfume. "Please say yes, Abo-chan! Pleeaasseee!"
>Abominus nodded. Better to have someone to dance with. With all his heart, Abominus wished for something magical to happen.
>"Yay!!!!" Defensor jumped with glee.
>To be continued

What happened next!? Damn it! Post episode 2!!!!!!
>>
>>5367080
Don't like it? Suck it, anon. Suck it hard.
>>
File: NYCC2015-Transformers-002.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
NYCC2015-Transformers-002.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1280
So,

Scattershot, Cyclonus, or Silverbolt before the Combiner wars line ends?

And will the new leader Blaster be as big as MP soundwave for SW to fight?
>>
>>5367158
Is it bad I really hope for a repaint of Blaster as Soundwave?

The toy looks really neat but I just don't like Blaster enough to slap down even the money for a leader class figure. Though Rewind is an instabuy for me.
>>
>>5366969
So Hound is now an egocentric snarky bastard?
>>
>>5367158
>And will the new leader Blaster be as big as MP soundwave for SW to fight?
Why? We're gonna get a leader soundwave anyways.
>>
>>5367158
>And will the new leader Blaster be as big as MP soundwave for SW to fight?

Should be close enough, MP and Leader sizes are similar.
It doesnt matter though, obviously they're making Blaster into Leader Soundwave later anyway
>>
>>5367158
Fuck Scattershot

Get Silverbolt if you plan to get the other Arielbots, if not then Cyclonus.
>>
File: cyclonus.jpg (581 KB, 751x1147) Image search: [Google]
cyclonus.jpg
581 KB, 751x1147
>>5367158
I got Cyclonus today and I'm really liking him so far (it's probably the purple), but I'd say go for Silverbolt first as he'll provide more overall consistency in combined mode since he fits in to a similarly styled team.
>>
>>5367168
There was a post in a previous thread suggesting that we were getting Technobots to go with Scattershot.

Nosecone = Remold of Botcon Ramhorn, in turn a remold of Brawl
Afterburner = Extensive remold of Unite Warrior Groove
Strafe = Redeco or Head Remold of Air Raid
Lightspeed = Redeco of Dead End
>>
>>5367161

There is no way they are going to design a Leader Blaster without an inevitable Soundwave remold/deco, and vice versa. They just share way too much conceptually and design-wise for Hasbro to pass up the opportunity.

And thats a good thing, in this case.
>>
>>5367184
Also, y'know... Legends Buzzsaw is a thing
>>
>>5367189
And there's no way they couldn't repaint it into Laserbeak, Rewind into Rumble/Frenzy and Stripes into Ravage.
>>
>>5367197
Are you stupid? Those cassetebots are practically repaints of each other and Hasbro loves repainting! How can you say that theres no way they will repaint them? Stupid ass.
>>
>>5367204
...took you a while to graduate from school, huh?
>>
>>5367204
I said no way Hasbro COULDN'T repaint them, so there's no way it WON'T happen. Unless of course Hasbro decides to troll us.
>>
>>5367213
If hasbro trolls us, cheetimus will save us
>>
>>5367219
He'll die of the 'beetus first.
>>
>>5366942
my only gripe with Galvy is the purple treads, and it's less GEEWUN and more "they blend into the arms". But if Hasbro ever did the colors right, then Tomy couldn't urge us to import shit, now could they?

>inb4 Tomy makes it toy-accurate oclors
>>
>>5367226
Then frenzyrumble will take the mantle
>>
>>5367242
He hasn't been relevant in years. The customizers bubble finally popped and we are free.
>>
>>5367249
Jin then?
>>
>>5367250
less relevant. The only toy forums he's welcome at are the worst ones around

>Allspark
>TNI
>he-man.org
>Yo Joe
>>
>>5366458
You think people would fall for this?

With all the tf faggatory I follow they'd all be reposting the "leaked" pics constantly, good try.
>>
File: Soundwave-player.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Soundwave-player.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>5367161
>Is it bad I really hope for a repaint of Blaster as Soundwave?

Am I the only one who do not think the new Blaster mold would be a good mold soundwave?
One of them is a casset player, and another one is a boom box. Unless they redesign the legs, making them thinner, I am really not seeing it.

Do wish the new leader have some wrist and waist movements.
>>
>>5367374
I also agree that it's not a good fit, but the speakers in boom box mode fold up to create the legs so I doubt it would require too much work to get right.
I think it's just highly likely he won't be a cassette player this time around.
>>
>>5367398
I reckon we could see him in this line in this capacity.

I mean...who's buzzsaw gonna store in, blaster?
>>
>>5366436
>I think the aftermarket prices on that Micromaster Devastator are pretty awful right now
Hasbro or Takara version?

Doesn't the Hasbro one have extra paint apps?
>>
>>5365850

see if they just pained that head, Scattershot would be GOAT.
>>
>>5367497
The shot here is heavily edited, the toy itself NEEDS more than just the head.

But I'm hearing reports the head was painted BLACK on purpose, if this is true hasbro have gone nuts
>>
>>5365996
they honestly should just do that.
>>
>>5366214

funny enough isn't that same actress Phasma?
>>
>>5366483
>>5366505

IN IDW he's a fucking psychopath who can;t accept the fact the war is over and is currently in jail.

shame because I like Sandstorm and Octane being bros.
>>
>>5367183
it's gonna happen....I hope.

come on NY Toy Fair...don't fail us now.
>>
>>5367506
Know how things go we won't get get after burner.

Takara will save our souls.
>>
>>5367197
Frumble and Reject should be two different molds
>>
>>5367504
Big Momma of the Stormtroopers, but just as incompetent as the rest of the top brass of the First Order. Based Abrams.
>>
>>5367670
And break the repaint tradition? It'll cause a very sweaty and out of shape riot.
>>
>>5367676
They were not same mold in G1 and there are still like 3-4 uses of both molds anyway.
>>
>>5367681
Ah. Thought you meant for all 4 to be separate molds.
>>
>>5367172
I like him, even if a good chunk of his silver paint will rub off just by transforming him.
>>
>>5367689
Have yet to have that happen and I've had him since release.
>>
>>5367676
It's a shame we never got toys of Frenzy and Rumble in their motorcycle modes from recent IDW. But if all the cassettes are "spy tablets" now, it may be hard to make something that goes from a rectangle to a (decent-looking) motorcycle. Buzzsaw barely manages to pull off a third mode.
>>
File: willys-jeep-mb-3[1].png (230 KB, 500x983) Image search: [Google]
willys-jeep-mb-3[1].png
230 KB, 500x983
>>5367080
Because Hound transforms into a Willys Jeep.
>>
>>5367694
The one on his stomach isn't rubbing off when you secure the combiner head? I just got mine, but I really felt it wouldn't last long.
>>
>>5367701
Biggest quest are wheels
can bullshit the body by two rectangles and torso
>>
File: 24faf0x.jpg (60 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
24faf0x.jpg
60 KB, 600x338
>>5367701
Get a couple of these and try using the chest shield configuration for cassete mode.
>>
>>5367705
Nope. No issue at all. Only paint that runs off are the silver apps I added stupidly using testors.
>>
>>5367374
>smooth over the legs
>replace chest plate
>replace head
>white/silver and blue colors

Boom, it's Soundwave.
>>
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-inhand-images-of-combiner-wars-sky-reign-and-wave-6-autobot-limbs-with-alternate-sky-lynx-transformations/34453/

More Skylynx and the others from his wave.
>>
>>5367774
1. A lot could be improved if they just have sky ankle tilts.
2. Yep. WJ got screwed on the paint. Not hard to fix though.
>>
>>5367789

Wheeljack looks like he got screwed over, sadly. Everyone else looks fine to me more or less. Skylynx himself looks great.
>>
>>5367713

i wish that red motorcycle was Cybertron Ransack, it's a damn good match to his alt.mode....sorta.
>>
>>5367821
literally just A red motorcycle
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 410x410
To the anon who fixed blitzwings shoulders with a credit card, how exactly did you cut it up? Interested in replicating it but I can't find the picture you posted with it
>>
>>5367774
Skylynx and trailbreaker are the only good ones in the wave.
>>
>>5368049

Hound looks good, and you know his figure is going to be good because it's the Swindle (re)mold.

Smokescreen, ehh...I honestly don't remember much about him from anything. I can't accurately judge if he's alright.

To me the only outright "meh" looking figure is Wheeljack. Fuck, they could've AT LEAST colored the windows on his chestplate. And put some black on the arms.
>>
>>5368068
See i dont really think they are relevant because we already had superior toys of the characters that dont have the combining gimick. Wheeljack just looks terrible because the character does not fit the breakdown mold. Trailbreaker looks good but there was already a trailbreaker that i got.
>>
New Star Wars Transformers when?
Like Poe/X-Wing, Finn/Tie Fighter, Rey/Speeder, Rey+Chewbacca/Millennium Falcon, Hux/Star Destroyer, Kylo Ren/Starkiller, etc. Maybe make a reversal one with BB-8 taking on a humanoid form which is a BB-8 flavored version of a resistance pilot uniform.
>>
File: Bueno.jpg (115 KB, 599x424) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.jpg
115 KB, 599x424
>>5368132

Phasma/Trash Compactor when.
>>
>>5368139
How would that work? Isn't that just a box?
>>
File: tumblr_nzul37xey31r132p7o2_1280.jpg (477 KB, 1280x1812) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzul37xey31r132p7o2_1280.jpg
477 KB, 1280x1812
>>5368132
>BB-8 taking on a humanoid form
?
>>
>>5368160
I was thinking of something along the lines of having shoulder armor from parts of the sphere and a lot taller but yeah
>>
>>5368160
Oh my god that is so damn cute….Oh god….It hurts….. so adorable……hnnnng.

Why didn't they just make the new Star Wars an anime?
>>
>>5368177
Because then there would be Sheev Spins for everyone
>>
>>5366338
this. are there any third parties on the case?
>>
>>5365817
Female autobots should at least have boobs and hips. I mean if we are going by g1 cartoon, they were sold as domestic goods after all.
>>
>>5368274
Moe and purity is far more popular than sluts
>>
>>5368292
Not to the people who actually buy the toys.
>>
>>5367164
And it's going to be a Blaster retool according to rumors.
>>
>pre-order elbows for CW constructicons on tfsource
>never preordered on tfsource source before
>elbows have been set to release this month and it's already the 30th
>constant emails from tfsource about everything BUT shipping notice

Are these guys really this annoying?
>>
>>5368292
My entire folder of Arcee pictures say otherwise.

Roadrage needs to be more like that instead of like a repainted MP Tracks.
>>
>>5368304
If there's a blaster then there's a sound wave.
>>
Anyone have any of the Tamashii Act 4 stages for their Transformers? Do they work well with Deluxes?
>>
>>5368316
Arcee is for shooting at Decepticons and drug addiction, not for lewd.
>>
>>5368313
Oh, yeah. My mom preordered MP Shockwave and MMC Cynicus (ready to ship) on the 8th so Cynicus would be here as a gift by Christmas. She then emailed requesting to split the orders, since they don't ship an in-stock item until pre-orders are also ready to ship. She got a response saying they could split the order, and then no contact after that for the rest of the month. And no shipping notice, of course.
>>
>>5368373
It's fucking annoying. I've never used them for anything except I once bought an item off their eBay, but obviously that's a different transaction all together. They send like the same product announcement every day. I get it. The 3p fartdangler commander XX3 is now in stock. I don't care.
>>
>>5368386
Did you also get one of those paper 'catalogs' in the mail? What a waste of time and money.
>>
>>5368354
>drug addiction
Wait, what did I miss?
>>
>>5368390
I did. That I didn't mind so much. I kind of like physical catalogs. It's stupid since they are more of a hassle than just hitting delete. Probably just nostalgic for the toys r us big toy book.

I think the email bugs me so much because I'm expecting the shipping notice but it never is.
>>
>>5368397
She was conceived as a robot Leia and Leia's actor is crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsERzZt9dro
>>
File: image (2).jpg (351 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
351 KB, 1440x1920
>>5368354
Don't be a prude.
>>
So, which CW limbs can hold off Grand Galvatron's gun like his cannon, aside from Airraid?
>>
Have we found out what the other two deluxe headmasters are yet? I'm way more excited for them than any other transformer in a long time.
>>
>>5368516
Bumblebee and Starscream
>>
>>5368522
Does Bumblebee have a triple-changer body so he can also become a head for Fortress Maximus as Bumble Maximus?
>>
>>5368540
No, but Starscream's headmaster looks like a mini Bumblebee.
>>
>>5368546
Then we are short one. How about Daniel/Arcee or Hunter/Sunstreaker?
>>
>>5368554
Just got a sunstreaker. He's not 1 of the big 5. Give it a few years.
>>
>>5368576
Prime, Bee, Megs, Screamer, ???
>>
>>5368591
5th one depends. Its usually a switch between either grimlock or Soundwave.
>>
Does anyone have any photos of Metroplex Titan with all the upgrade kits attached?
>>
>>5368621
>all the upgrade kits attached?
there's a whooole bunch of those, I cant think of someone having all of them, this being the biggest transformers, upgrades arent exactly cheap. also some upgrades make other upgrades redundant
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 720x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 720x322
>>5368516
For wave 1? I think it's Scourge and Blurr, according to the same people that predicted Sentinel Prime, Skullcruncher, Rewind, etc.

Blurr's meant to be a pretool of a deluxe Brainstorm as well, supposedly.

>>5368554
I really hope we get some sort of Headmaster Arcee repaint of Chromedome down the line.

>>5368591
Ratchet? Grimlock?
>>
>>5368645
What would just be wrong with a retool of the Arcee to accommodate a driver?
>>
>>5367490
Not sure which one has different pait apps, but I think Hasbro's might be cheaper. The construction colored sixbuilder guys were blind boxed guys, possibly chase figures.

Iirc last time I checked the Hasbro one was in the ~$60 range, but that was a while ago.
>>
>>5368645
So blurr, a car, is going to be a retool of a space jet thing?
>>
>>5368655
I suppose both could work. The Chromedome repaint would still be a kickass homage, though.
>>
>>5368645

Given that theres been rumors of the 86 movie cast being in Titan Wars, and that several of them had -Master buddies at some point, Scourge and Blurr wouldn't be bad guesses. I hope we get them, I need a Scourge and Blurr.

And Kup, and at least a Deluxe sized Hot Rod...
>>
>>5368660
By adding wheels and removing fins. Both are clusterfuck altmodes
>>
>>5368674
But their vehicle modes look nothing alike.
>>
>>5368687
>Vague blue thingy
>Vague light blue thingy
>>
>>5368660
Blurr's car mode is nothing more than some weird floating slab thingy. The retool seems feasible enough.
>>
>>5368673
Kup's titanmaster needs to be Spotlight Kup or Animated Ratchet
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.