[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys know any good classic film action figures to add
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1000x1000
Do you guys know any good classic film action figures to add to my collection? I'd like to get one of the skeleton warriors from Jason and the Argonauts, but they're so expensive now. I don't care about that new ukiyo-e one or whatever.
>>
File: gojim&ms.jpg (1 MB, 1688x911) Image search: [Google]
gojim&ms.jpg
1 MB, 1688x911
NECA Godzilla '54
>>
>>5363583
Hoestly OP You're not missing much.
while Revo Skelly is still one of my favorite toys he's flimsy as fuck. Mine mostly just sits in well...sitting poses on my desk. He doesn't fit on his base very well, and if he's standing a fleck of dust landing on him will topple him over.
>>
File: 2skellybuddies.jpg (509 KB, 1296x864) Image search: [Google]
2skellybuddies.jpg
509 KB, 1296x864
>>5363583
Honestly, the revoltech skeleton is the best figure I've ever gotten. Worth every fucking penny. Just wish I got two when they were still 30 bucks at the beginning of the year.
If you feel yours is too flimsy, like this anon >>5364317 just take a little bit of floor polish and it'll be nice and tight in just a few minutes. If you know how to take care of toys, and aren't prone to ham handing, then it's definitely worth at least 50 bucks.

Both the Argonauts and the Takeya one are great, but the skull on the Argonauts one is much more handsome.
>>
File: 2skellycompare.jpg (462 KB, 1296x864) Image search: [Google]
2skellycompare.jpg
462 KB, 1296x864
>>5364495
also, he can stand just fine as long as he's not holding onto stuff. You just gotta learn to be patient and how balance works. this was a quick side by side shot I took when I first got the Takeya one.
>>
>>5363583
Also, another good classic monster figures would be the neca planet of the apes figures. I see a lot of people really liking them, though, i haven't actually got my hands on them yet.
>>
>>5364495
I bought mine used, I think that's part of the problem, the 1st owner clearly didn't take very good care of it. I keep thinking I'll get around to floor polishing him, just antsy too.
>>
>>5364545
I was worried about putting polish on the joints at first too, but really, just get a q-tip or paint brush and give it a light coat and move the joint around to work it into the joint. Also the peg/peg holes, since that also makes a huge difference.
>>
>>5363583
If you're getting a Skeleton or 2 be sure you have some Tamashii Stages to support them.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.