[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on this board do Figure Reviews? If not, have any favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: ..png (392 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
..png
392 KB, 1023x768
Anyone on this board do Figure Reviews?

If not, have any favorite YT Channels?
>>
i like anthony's customs
>>
I do, mostly JoJo stuff though

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJB5YdQEIF6E7ws6Sjf7Aew
>>
>>5361989
I have a wordpress for figure reviews.
>>
I used to do youtube reviews, had close to 700 subscribers, but I fell out of it. I came into it to provide a straight forward info service for people without any of the bullshit that popular reviewers go for, but every comment I got was asking for me to send figures to people in third world countries or other inane shit.
>>
>>5361989
>blank image except for two blades of glass way down near the right corner of the image

Is this some kind of new "dank" meme?
>>
I'm thinking about starting sometime soon.
>>
>>5362064
>muh metal gear maymays

Fuck on off to /v/
>>
>>5362020
I hate those people

>Pedro Martinez said:
>com on if u dont lik it y don u giv it 2 ME jajaja
>>
>>5362020
This is because any sensible person will watch it and, if they enjoy or appreciate it, the most they will do is add you to their subscriptions or "like". They won't give a fuck about commenting to say thanks or insanely trying to use the comments section for sensible discussion. There's a reason why the "never read the comments" mantra exists.
>>
>>5362098
Pretty much. I also had a band of weirdos that insisted I establish some sort of trade deal with them, as though I'd want to give away things I purposefully bought. I was never the type of reviewer that would do shit like buy loot crate garbage or PAK or funko pops just for views, everything that I reviewed was done because I had high hopes for it as an honest to god collector and it either lived up to expectations or didn't.

>>5362105
I actually had at least a few really worthwhile discussions with people in the comments section of my videos. But 80% of the time it was people wanting my stuff for free. Or, and these annoyed me the most, it would be people who would tell me that they subscribed to my channel and now it was my duty to subscribe to them and persuade my viewers to look at their shitty little ragtag reviews filmed on their kitchen floors.

Social media is great if you only look at those who provide a bit of effort behind what they do, but beyond a few exceptions it's just shit. I used to harshly ridicule non-video reviews, but they really are just absolutely superior. If written/photographic reviews had animated gifs or small embedded videos showing JUST the articulation, it would be the most ideal set up.
>>
>>5361989
I've made a few joke reviews, and it's really only for my own amusement considering how many dislikes my favorite one got. Still, it's given me some of the best comments i've ever seen. It's great.

As for reviewers I like, Jobby The Hong and Hadoken Gundam are both great.
They focus on articulation and accessories, so you don't get 5 minutes of a dude barely touching his figure as he talks about unrelated shit and then remembering that he's doing a review and saying that it looks great but whatever.
>>
>>5361999
Same here. Been subscribed to him for a while now. He tends to come across as surly, but he knows his stuff.

Fuck unfunny tryhards like Shartimus and his ilk.
>>
I read preternia
>>
>>5361989
Why did you post a blank image?
>>
File: Capture.png (3 KB, 278x94) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3 KB, 278x94
>>5361989
>>
I've never really liked any of the major toy reviewers. They usually make me feel uncomfortable
>whats uuuuuuuup transformer fans
I cringed every time.
The only one I've ever watched (and still do occasionally) was the Review Spot and even he has a tendency to ramble on.
>>
>>5362020
>>5362323
That sounds frustratingly terrible. I used to do written reviews, and I'm grateful our comments section was good most of the time. Doing a decent review (written or video) is enough work on its own. A toxic comments section just sucks out all the fun and turns the whole thing into a chore.

Got a link to your channel?
>>
I've been doing text/photo reviews for a while, mostly 3A with other random stuff interspersed. Done a couple of short videos so far but I'm still figuring out how to do it. The small response I've had has been positive, at least.
>>
I'd recommend The Reviewspot and Glenn Webb. They constantly update their channel and dont try to be funny.

Stay away from

Shartimus Prime
(unfunny obnoxious manchild)
Some other guy who's name is slipping my mind
(Really annoying manchild)
Anthonyscustoms
(literally a casual who doesnt know shit about the figures he's reviewing)

Seriously cant remember the faggots name, but I'm sure you guys know who.
>>
>>5363014
PixelDan?
>>
>>5363022
was driving me crazy so googled him.

I was refering to SEAN LONG that annoying faggot. He may be the most cancerous.
>>
>>5361999
>>5362704
>>5363014

I'm on the fence about Anthonyscustoms.

On one hand, his reviews are short, concise, and he's brutally honest.

On the other hand, his "brutal honesty" sometimes borderlines on autistic whining. He also openly supports scalping (and probably partakes in it himself, as is heavily indicated) and his one of the biggest BBTS shills/cock riders around.

>(literally a casual who doesnt know shit about the figures he's reviewing)

That's one thing I really don't get from him, though. He seems to pretty much judge a figure based on the figure, and not his personal opinion of the character, or the franchise they're from.

In fact, I would say that if anyone in your list is a huge casual who doesn't know shit, it is The ReviewSpot.

I find that guy annoying as fuck, because he reviews whatever fucking knicknacks, hipster garbage, and bullshit he can find just to shit out a video. Also, referring to himself in the third person is fucking baffling. You're making a review. Tell us about the item. You don't need a fucking "character gimmick."
>>
My go to was always HDToyTheater. He does a decent variety of figures which is nice, and his videos are good quality. Another huge plus is his lack of horrible fanboy voice. He's also good at posing toys which ironically enough is rare with a lot of reviewers on youtube.
>>
>>5362008
It's nice to see some actual SAS reviews, but you might want to edit your videos a bit. You could probably grab a cheapo tripod off of Amazon if you plan on doing reviews on a regular basis.
>>
File: shit reviewer.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
shit reviewer.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>5363208
Anthonyscustoms is a HUGE faggot
>>
>>5363208
both Anthony and TRS are faggots for fucking sure
>>
>Gunpla
zakuaurelius
typev3
hadoken gundam
vegeta8259
jabman025
rrobbert184 (please come back ;___;)

>Toys
wotafa
youheidx
vangelus
hdtoytheater
jobbythehong

Avoid
dosmrider
shukuenshinobi?
d amazing
thegunplameister
>>
>>5363307
>rrobbert184
GOAT reviewer
>>
>>5363307
Shuki is fine in my opinion, otherwise 100% agree.
>>
>>5363328
>nasal whiny manchild voice
>fine

Pick one.
>>
>>5363326
Although he has devolved into reviewing lame-ass sentai bullshit, basing from his brief reappearance earlier this year. Shame.
>>
>>5363331
Sorry man, his voice doesn't bother me.
>>
>>5363208
>He seems to pretty much judge a figure based on the figure, and not his personal opinion of the character
It seems like that stems from the fact that often times he has no idea who the character is, or doesn't know enough about the character to understand why it has a specific feature or gimmick.
>>
Glenn Web
Tyler Edwards
>>
>>5363294
Reviewspot is so chill. most figure youtubers do reviews of of all the new figures. Spot will do new and classic. He's not limited to marvel, DC, and Japanese figures. He does Horror, Scifi, and everything in between. He's fun as fuck to watch even though he himself is not exciting which is fine.
>>
>>5363307
>typev3
A terrible Vangelus wannabe with no personality and boring repetitive formatted reviews.
>>
>>5367333
trips are NEVER wrong
>>
>>5367343
i would rather watch typev3 talk about paint drying than listen to anything prime92 or mechagaikotsu has to say
>>
I have a camera and a lot of rum. Should I get wasted and review toys?
>>
>>5367407
yes

the less coherent the better
>>
>>5367441
Ok, I'll do something on new years I guess.
>>
>>5367407
>>5367469
That's the spirit.
>>
I've considered doing written reviews with pics, but I just don't know if people even care about written reviews.

Seems like so many people are aboard the YouTube format these days, that I didn't know if I would just be a waste of time.
>>
>>5361989
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
Going to start next month when i move out. My voice is horribly annoying so i don't think people would want to watch it but it's more for me anyway.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.