[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of the Game of Thrones figures worth picking up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Game-of-Thrones-Series-2-Group.jpg (887 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Game-of-Thrones-Series-2-Group.jpg
887 KB, 2550x3300
Are any of the Game of Thrones figures worth picking up?
>>
Rob is the best figure in wave 2 followed by Jamie and the Danny. only thing is, as nice as they look; they have a tendency to break right out of the box. I mean it's like they're built out of glass.
>>
>>5361801
Posing them without breaking something is nearly impossible?
>>
>>5361809
I dunno. I feel like Wave 2 gets a lot of flak that it doesn't deserve, but wave 1 sure does. Maybe it is luck of the draw but both waves are ok for me, no breakage just the Hound sorta shitty.

I even liked Arya too because she indeed has that little slit on her for Needle and I find it kinda neat.

The other dumb thing is that some of them, the hands are closed between the thumb and index finger so you need to x-acto knife the hand in order for them to hold their weapons.
>>
Is the Jon Snow from series 1 worth buying? He's the only figure I really wanted, and my Walmart has the series one figures on clearance for $10. Does he have a history of breaking easily?
>>
I've gotten several funko figures for custom fodder and they all have at least one problem that needs to be fixed, fortunately the plastic is really malleable when heated
so far the only thing that has outright broken was the white walker's spear
>>
>>5361964
I know all the FYE in my local mall has like 20 of him and dany and maybe one rob. i would get the hound and brienne.
>>
I've got a few. They're not bad, but people aren't exaggerating about the breakage issues. Funko was using clear plastic for the joints for some reason. I bought a Jamie, and his arm broke at the elbow. Bought another Jamie and the OTHER arm broke at the elbow. I ended up just swapping a good arm for the broken arm and now have a non-broken Jamie, but just be aware.
>>
All of those look terrible, Arya in particular. She's making the same face I did when I saw these.
>>
>>5361777
I have most of them ,since they were cheap as shit and likely the only articulated figs we'll get. My favs are probably the hound, jamie, and brienne.
>>
I was tempted to get a few of these just for the weapons/accessories. What's the quality of the swords and such? Are they a sturdy but brittle plastic or more of that gummy soft stuff that warps and bends in package?

If I can find them cheap I wouldn't be too concerned about them breaking since I'd probably turn them into custom fodder or even add my own joints. But if the weapons are crap then I doubt I'd even bother grabbing them at all.
>>
i picked up the hound from barnes and noble for $3 and i still regret it
>>
I liked them.

Series 2 was really well done and have not had problems with my Jamie and Ronon.
Just be careful with moving their joints, since it seems it can break when hamhanding them. Like i've said, i've had no problems, but they could break even though they don't seem fragile at all.
>>
>>5361964
I like my Jon and Hound. Jon can get into some cool poses if you treat him gently. Just boil and funko legacy immediately out of the box and gently break in the joints. The clear plastic and glue they use is notorious for breaking during shipping, even.

Also,if a sword does not fit in a sheath, don't force it because one of the two pieces will break.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.