[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone remember Puzz 3D? I was recently reminded of it when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: DnzEWdzeHv.jpg (27 KB, 361x263) Image search: [Google]
DnzEWdzeHv.jpg
27 KB, 361x263
Does anyone remember Puzz 3D? I was recently reminded of it when I found pieces of my old Titanic a long time ago as I was cleaning around the house today.

I started searching online for them and was taken on a nostalgia trip.

It looks like though these days, they've become rare and hard to find seeing as they don't seem to be retailing anymore.

Anyone have any advise or ideas on how to get some, particularly the more famous Puzz3Ds like I remember Duomo and Taj Majal but this Nimitz also looks great. And general 3D puzzle thread too.
>>
File: 91UPT2hO1kL._SX425_.jpg (48 KB, 425x325) Image search: [Google]
91UPT2hO1kL._SX425_.jpg
48 KB, 425x325
Also to add, I'm trying to see if there's some of official "catalog" for these but I'm not finding much through Google since its just giving me Amazon, ebay, and some really small name sellers.
>>
These things were my absolute favorite as a kid and I would look for them at every store we ever visited. This was after their popularity faded so it was a real stroke of luck when I could find one. Then about a year ago they came back and I still haven't bought one.

I did find the Titanic (hopefully complete) in a Houston toyshop last year, and a Millennium Falcon at a garage sale, but I've procrastinated putting them together.
>>
File: 51bm69ryagL._SY400_.jpg (46 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
51bm69ryagL._SY400_.jpg
46 KB, 500x340
I'm seeing now Amazon actually carries quite a huge selection of them and has some great deals on them including the prime Free shipping. This could be fun.
>>
>>5361030
Yeah the millennium falcom one looks sweet. Some of these are just so huge or tall too its amazing.
>>
File: 51yAtAoV6lL._SL1500_.jpg (55 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
51yAtAoV6lL._SL1500_.jpg
55 KB, 449x500
>>5361035
Holy shit.
>>
I have the Star Destroyer in my wardrobe. I could never finish it because of how everything looked exactly the same.
>>
I had a windmill. Maybe its just autism but the foam pieces felt really gross and it turned me off getting any more.
>>
>had the giant empire state building as a kid
>build that shit and put it on the floor
>mom is vacuuming the house
>hits it with vacuuming and knocks it over

Literally terrorism...
>>
Dat New York city one though

>3,000+ pieces
>>
Built Camelot at work a while back. It was pretty alright. Not particularly hard but i had to brute force it a bit considering it's all just variants of stone walls. The rest of the office seemed to enjoy watching it get built.
>>
>>5361462
>at work
Wait what?
>>
>>5361008
I got new york when I was younger and I fucking gave up trying to build it. Whole thing's sitting in a closet somewhere in the box. Those things were FUCKHUGE
>>
>>5361356
>>5361523
Wonder how long it takes to finish that monster.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5361076
Are you me?
>pic related, it's my second closet where I just toss shit
>>
Man the prices on some of these are crazy now.
>>
>>5361476
During downtime I'd work on it a few pieces at a time. Built it over the course of about two weeks.
>>
>>5361013
I had this, Cinderella's Castle and the Millennium Falcon which was my favorite, I would always hang it up. I also had the Titanic and Statue of Liberty, but from what I remembered those weren't Puzz3D, and also I never completed them.
>>
File: 458478_2849099466309_176144368_o.jpg (404 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
458478_2849099466309_176144368_o.jpg
404 KB, 2048x1536
>>5362108
The Falcon was the shit!
>>
>>5361008
I got the millennium falcon when I was a kid and never put it together until a few years ago.It was such a pain in the ass, and still didn't fit together perfectly, I see why my young self quickly gave up. It eventually fell off the basement tv stand and crumpled into a shit ton of pieces, I said fuck that and shoved them into a closet.
>>
Where can I get one of these?
>>
>>5361076
>>5361691
I got that one secondhand from a family friend around 10 years ago and built it that year. I got so tired of the sameness that about halfway through I just started abusing the fact that the instructions accurately detail every piece's shape. It was about as sweet and sour a feeling of satisfaction as you can imagine, but it looked great on the shelf since it's one of the few where the grey foam blends in.

>>5363034
A year or two ago they came back into production and you could find them at every Walmart, Target and B&N. Now they're a little less common since they apparently didn't sell too well, but they're (mostly) well priced on Amazon if you can't find any in town.
>>
>>5363081
Holy nostalgia Batman!
>>
>>5361039
>tfw I never had that as a kid
>tfw probably a good thing since I don't have the space for it now
>>
I bought the Neuschwanstein castle on a whim after visiting it, never did manage to get more than 30 pieces together.
>>
File: Towers made to Scale.jpg (2 MB, 4606x2904) Image search: [Google]
Towers made to Scale.jpg
2 MB, 4606x2904
>>5361008
yes I do. I'm missing the Commerzbank-Messeturm set released only in Europe to complete the Towers Made to Scale collection.

>pic related, my collection as is.
>>
>>5370358
So many buildings look like just solid silver or black, how do you even got together the hundreds of pieces for it? Perhaps the most perplexing of all, how do you know which side is which?
>>
>>5370358
you uh

you ever put any godzilla/kaiju figures around those
>>
File: $_1.jpg (28 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
28 KB, 298x400
>>5370485
some of them aren't too difficult and you just take the typical approach of building a regular puzzle. The Petronas Towers took forever to build though because of the twin tower design.

The sets come with cardboard supports that go on the inside, and black and white instructions that show the cuts, so you know which side goes where.

>>5370565
nah, I don't have any. Plus there isn't a lot of space in between the towers themselves.

pic is the towers I'm missing.
>>
>>5370660
Burj Dubai when?
>>
>>5372170
There's a One World Trade Center.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.