[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My younger brother's birthday is coming up and I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 31JlMfZDHLL._SY400_.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
31JlMfZDHLL._SY400_.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
My younger brother's birthday is coming up and I want to get him a toy lightsaber, specifically Luke's from ROTJ. I was at the store looking at the new Bladebuilder saber and it looked tiny and even cheaper than the ones I used to have. What's the best toy saber line? I want to get him one he can still play saber fight with.
>>
Suuuure
>>
>>5359639
Disney store has some that are cheaper versions of the force fx sabers. They have this neat feature where when you apply constant pressure to the blade it does a vibration and sound effect for when sabers are locked together in addition to the usual clashing and swinging sound effects.
>>
>>5359873
Oh, but I think the Green Luke saber is park exclusive for that line.
>>
>>5359639
Saberforge, Prodigal Son.
>>
File: saber options.png (310 KB, 986x596) Image search: [Google]
saber options.png
310 KB, 986x596
>>5359639
What does he prefer? Retracting blade, light-up effect, or both?

>retractable
The cheaper, solid-color Bladebuilder one will serve him well enough. You won't be able to duel in the dark, but swinging the blade out will never get old.
>light-up
The Ultimate FX sabers are the best official choice for those. It has the proper activation lights and even has clashing noises when struck upon a solid object. However, the current version of Luke's saber is Disney Park-exclusive, and older ones aren't cheap on the aftermarket. You also can't pull that blade in, but man does that glow look good.
>both
Your pic in the OP -- the Bladebuilders electronic lightsaber -- is a solid middle-ground. The light is alright, and it does pull in, but it can't retract all the way because of the electronics in the hilt. Still, it's a neat roleplay toy.

The hilts are all roughly the same size, and are solid play pieces. The Bladebuilders are compatible with one another (the green piece in the electronic saber can connect two hilts together), but the gimmick doesn't really interfere with the look or feel of the sabers.

I hope you and your little bro have fun, anon.
>>
>>5362832
Not OP, but how long is the Bladebuilders? My friends want me to group cosplay at a con but I want Jedi luke, and the Force FX Disney one is too short for my taste
>>
What's the best Darth Maul saber outside the Force FX one, which I'm kicking myself over not getting when it was only 150 dollars each and not 500?
>>
>>5362965
If you felt that the Force FX one was already too short, I'm afraid the Bladebuilders sabers are not for you.
>>
>>5362993
I hate to say it but unless you're comfortable paying that kind of money secondhand I would just buy a Vader or Kylo directly from Hasbro and hope the interest in this new line is strong enough to warrant other releases.
>>
>>5363019
I own one saber I got from the Disney land park builder. Imo the saber needs to be at least 40 inches to warrant a buy.

I saw the luk force fx one but that's only 35
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.