[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some new funko news
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1wDV083.jpg (223 KB, 1215x1170) Image search: [Google]
1wDV083.jpg
223 KB, 1215x1170
some new funko news
>>
>>5358018

That six inch line sounds interesting not sure about the "classic toy line" line though, hopefully it won't be like reaction style garbage.
>>
>>5358241
Maybe 'classic toy line' means something between the Reaction and the Legacy figures in articulation. Can't think of any 6" scale figures of yesteryear that fit that criteria off the top of my head right now, though.
>>
>>5358018
How did Funko get so big? It feels like in the space of a couple of years at best they've gone from literally who to some powerhouse monopoly holding all the licences to everything and pumping out billions of products.
>>
>>5358290
Normies buy up the Pop Vinyls thinking they will be worth something.
>>
After the fuck fest that is the lone wonderer they need to fucking stop.
>>
>Another fucking stylized vinyl line
Whoever is coming up with this ideas needs to be fucking shot.

>>5358294
Pretty much this. They're the next beanie babies except beanie babies actually had value at one point.
>>
>>5358270
I'd bet it'll be 90s era Kenner rather than 70s.
>>
>>5358290
I don't get it either.
>>
Funko succeeds for the same reason Undertale did- everyone think the sheer laziness of it is a deliberate art aesthetic and that it's so intelligent. It's really not, in either case. Making simple retro shit isn't being artsy, it's lazy. Funko uses a simple base sculpt they just randomly add shit to and call it a unique toy, then charge a fortune for dollar store-tier toys. And seriously fuck them for charging the same price for the half-size Gremlins.
>>
here's some funko news:

funko is shit
>>
>>5358290
They must be stopped. At this rate they'll be able to buy smaller toy companies soon, making Funk even bigger while stripping competition fro the shelves. They'll be another Hasbro/Mattel
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.