[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mezco Cursed Earth Judge Dredd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 282x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 282x470
Anyone getting this? I'm on the fence but I think it looks really cool. Can anyone with the Mezvo Judge Dredd figure let me if its worth the money or not?
>>
>>5358012
I don't have that Cursed Earth Dredd, not sure if it's even out, but I have the normal Mezco one. I just got it about a week ago and I'm liking it a lot. To me it was worth the money, but I buy a lot of imports and chogokins anyways so the $68 I paid wasn't a big factor in my decision making.

On the plus side, it's exactly what I would want from Dredd. It looks imposing, the (lower) face is literally perfect, it can get into good firing poses, and comes with cool features. Every feature that they went for turned out perfectly, from the small magazine pouch on the back of his belt to the magnetized shoulder pads.

On the negative side, it feels a lot stiffer than the Mezco Batman particularly in the torso and the movement of the hips (though I'm fairly certain they have identical underlying articulation), and for some reason they chose to ever so slightly weather the standard release's helmet which I would have preferred they didn't do because you don't really have that degree of weathering anywhere else. It just kind of sticks out and looks more like a QC error of factory paint smear than an intentional decision, but I went to various online review sites and confirmed that everyone has it on their's.

I will say that upon superficial observation, Dredd seems "lighter" in load out than the Batman I got (the PX version), but the more I think about it the more I realize that Dredd actually comes with quite a bit more content than Batman. You have to look beyond the accessories and realize that the magnetic parts and zippered outfit push it to a level of production difficulty that Batman never had. So if you felt like Batman was worth it, Dredd definitely is too.
>>
>>5358053
Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna go for the cursed earth batman. Pretty sure it released around the end of December so ill pick it up and see what it's like
>>
>>5358095
I mean Dredd, not Batman. Shit.
>>
>>5358095
I think you'll like it. Personally I just wanted a darker-colored Dredd so the normal one suited my tastes perfectly. I think the Cursed Earth one is like electric blue or something, which I wasn't too crazy about aesthetically.
>>
>>5358012
I have a couple of these, the b&w, regulars, and test shots of the bike/fig combo. In every case the figures are amazing quality and have some serious flair to them. The test shot/prototype figures joints are resin but that's not widely available for public purchase. Pick any Dredd you want, they rock.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.