[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever find out what you where getting before Christmas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Christmas-present-01.png (76 KB, 297x287) Image search: [Google]
Christmas-present-01.png
76 KB, 297x287
Did you ever find out what you where getting before Christmas?
>>
>>5355070
Not when I was a child. Nowadays I know what I'm getting because I pick my presents out when they're bought.
>>
>be me
>10 years old
>I was fucking around in my parents closet for some reason
>inb4 gay joke
>notice a conspicuous pile of sheets
>look under it
>find LEGO Star Wars sets I asked for Christmas

My parents were shit at hiding gifts.
>>
>>5355070
I didn't need to find out because I chose my presents myself. I already knew that Santa was bullshit when I was 6 or 7 years old, so my parents just asked me directly what I wanted.

Some will say that it loses the charm that way, but it was awesome.
>>
>>5355070
When I was a kid I was an idiot. Didn't even figure out that there would be presents hiding before Christmas, just somehow assumed they magically appeared on Christmas morning.
I learned that presents were hidden when mum sat all of the kids down one day and told us if we went looking for presents before christmas we wouldn't get any presents at all. I had no idea what she was talking about.
>>
>>5355112
Same here. It always makes me feel a little weird when I meet kids who are 9-10 and still believe in Santa Claus. I feel as though their parents are doing a poor job of getting them ready for life.
>>
>>5355070
Yep. Almost become a holiday tradition to snoop in my parents' closet.
>>5355183
same. My older brother ruined it for me when I was around 10 because he pointed out to me the writing on the presents looked a lot like my mom's (my mom has really messy hand writing that's easy to recognize).
>>
File: ehehe.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ehehe.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1200
I've never found out while is was in the toy-phase, but yeah.

When i was 14-15 my parents switched to a digital X-ray for their veterinary clinic. I had to help them operate it for the first few months as they were completely tech illiterate, resulting in me being able to operate the machine on my own.
So practically each year i x-ray some mystery presents to see what is inside.
Pick related, last year i got some awesome beer glasses.

Apparently my mother used to do it too, even with the old film based X-ray.
So I'm guessing it some kind of unspoken family tradition.
>>
>learned to perform surgery on my christmas presents to unwrap and rewarp them again so I knew what was coming
It feels like you're defusing a bomb, gingerly cutting the tape along seams in the wrapping, then getting an identically sized piece of tape to patch it up afterwards to avoid those conspicous specks of white paper where the wrapping tore, all while having conversations with my folks in the other room. My parents don't seem to notice, it's just about the thrill of peeking without being detected.
>>
>>5355070
kinda
>be me
>12 years old, Christmas eve
>My parents enter the house with some mysterious boxes
>The packages are poorly hidden in the Garage.
>Brother and me find them and then proceed to carefully unwrap the largest packages
>Finally LEGO, the Castle sets I always wanted.
>Forgot about the other packages due to the excitement.
>That night, rich Aunt & Uncle with cousins from another city visit us, they stay all night.
>Christmas morning I wake up really early, I canĀ“t contain my excitement.
>I have to wait my cousins to open the presents.
>Parents give me and my brother the smallest packages, Megabloks as always
>Cousins receive the LEGO sets

Worst Christmas ever, the worst part is that my cousins already have those sets, actually they were more interested in our sets. My parents are shit.
>>
>>5355702
What the fuck? Why'd they give you the worse sets?
>>
>>5355604
Make sure to buy fallout figures and put em through the x-ray so they're authentically irradiated!
>>
Yeah because my parents kept the presents in the attic, so I would climb up there when they went to work.
>>
File: 12in-fett-esb.jpg (34 KB, 402x507) Image search: [Google]
12in-fett-esb.jpg
34 KB, 402x507
I made the mistake of letting on that I knew I was getting this guy. Then we went to a friends house and my parents handed him a present. It was my Boba Fett.

Never peeked again.
>>
>>5355918
wow your parents were assholes
>>
>>5355918
Dicks.
>>
>>5355918
Brutal
>>
This is the first year in a long time that i have no idea what im getting.
>>
File: catapult.jpg (39 KB, 414x432) Image search: [Google]
catapult.jpg
39 KB, 414x432
>be about 10
>my parents went to the states, and bought me a shitload of Ninja Turtle figures for Christmas. About 5 - 10 figures plus pic related.

>Solid Snaked through my parents bedroom and found them all.

>for some reason I can't remember, my parents decided to give me one present a day leading up to xmas.

>remembered one day I got one of the figures, and complained because I wanted a "vehicle" hinting at pic, being too retarded of course to realise I wasn't supposed to know about any of this shit to begin with.

I was a goddamn stupid kid.
>>
>>5355702
>Cousins receive the LEGO sets
they swapped presents because they know you peeked.
>>
I think I pretty much always knew, especially from ages 11 forward when I started getting videogames, music CDs and books, my parents quickly learned not to try to pick any of those for me. Before that there was always that one main gift my parents would give me that I knew about beforehand, but other stuff other family members would give me I didn't know.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.