[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Definitive version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Mafex riot cop.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Mafex riot cop.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
> comes with every accessory including a pistol that can be hip-mounted

> still cheaper than the Figuarts

I hope you aren't stuck with a figuarts preorder.
>>
>>5354721
Probably better proportioned too.
>>
It'd be perfect if not for the height.
>>
>>5354721
-the plastic quality sucks
-shoulderpads connected to upper torso

nothx2u
>>
>>5354721
>buying mafex
>ever

toppest of keksticles, desu senpai
>>
>>5354732
How tall do you want it to be?
It's taller than the Figuart.
>>
>>5354737

Slick memes my friend, enjoy needing to buy two different figuarts troopers for the accessories.
>>
>>5354741
>not wanting more than 1 trooper
>how can I hold all these weapons?

I understand shelf space and wallet fillings can be limited. If you need to maximize your spending then perhaps one lesser figure, with more weapons is the perfect choice? Call me crazy though, I think these guys should be displayed in groups, and holding an appropriate amount of weaponry. :^)
>>
>>5354748
>Not just buying multiple versions of the Mafex to mix up the loadouts per trooper.
>>
>>5354740
That's the problem. This will mean it'll be taller than Phasma too, and that's just not right.
>>
>>5354741
>enjoy needing to buy two different figuarts troopers for the accessories

How is that a problem? Most people don't buy just a single one anyways. They're fucking troopers.
>>
>>5354751
Ah right, I didn't bother to order her so I guess the height isn't a problem for me.
>>
File: 1427503766906.png (34 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1427503766906.png
34 KB, 640x400
>>5354721
you forgot
>shittier plastic quality than Hasbro
>turns yellow after a month
>>
>>5354761
>>turns yellow after a month
Any proof that the Mafex figures do that?
>>
>>5354721
>not buying Hasbro for troopers
It's all they're good for.
>>
>>5354762
yeah, buy one and wait
>>
>>5354765
So no proof at all then.
>>
>>5354771
look man im just trying to help you out
im not going on trial here
>>
>>5354761
Anon by any chance do you smoke?
>>
>>5354764
I'm pretty sure most are buying this because it is a cheaper alternative to the SHF that also has the extending baton. I would've picked up the exclusive target BS Riot Control, but the baton doesn't extend
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 800x800
>Those shoulders
>Buying Mafex shit
Nah, I like the way the Figuarts is done more.
>>
Buncha TRAITORS in here jealous that they have to pay out the ass for a figure with less accessories.
>>
>>5354721
>I hope you aren't stuck with a figuarts preorder.
Well I'm glad I waited. I only needed one trooper anyway and getting one that comes with the tonfa/shield as well as the regular gear is a win/win for me.
>>
>>5354751
Ehh, I don't care. I'll just be treating this as if it was just that one badass Stormtrooper anyway.
>>
>>5354751
But Anon, they'll make their own Phasma as well
>>
Are MAFEX white painted PVC which can yellow?

The only drawback is PVC as opposed to ABS.
>>
I'm happy with the bandai kit.
>>
(Release Date: late Aug-2016)
>>
> Hasbro and Bandai kit are similarly tall.

> figuarts is not far off

What about this guy? is he too much taller?

(also, the artfx+. i suspect theyre too big?)
>>
>>5354721

TRAITOR!
>>
>>5354748
I'm buying it for the figure so I only need one.
Stop assuming everyone will play with their toys like you do, uncreative fag.
>>
File: 1450585430505.png (118 KB, 320x508) Image search: [Google]
1450585430505.png
118 KB, 320x508
>>5355146
>>
So, i have a couple of questions if any kind anons can help me out

I collect mostly dbz figuarts, and various figmas like pit and lucina. Which figure will scale best with them?

Also, if i plan on buying the Kylo Ren figuarts somehow, would the figuarts scale be much better, or would say, the model kit be just the same?

If i go with the model mit, do i have to be... Good at making models? I made Rockman and did a shitty job. If i have to deal with nubs that i have to shave down, or anything like that, im avoiding it.

I think ive decided against mafex if its taller and poorer quality. So its between the figuarts and the model, mostly leaning towards figuarts since i already collect them, and since i suck at models, but wondering if that part matters?
>>
File: tumblr_nzs8cs7KNS1tfhvsko8_400.gif (2 MB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzs8cs7KNS1tfhvsko8_400.gif
2 MB, 298x298
>>5354721
>Not coming out until August of next year

By then not only will the hype have died down but people will already be discussing episode 8
>>
>>5355128
>>5355293
Like it would be released on time anyway. Vader and OT Stormtrooper were delayed for a whole fucking year.
>>
>>5355312
disgraceful desu
>>
>>5355263
TRAITOR
>>
>>5355282
>I collect mostly dbz figuarts, and various figmas like pit and lucina. Which figure will scale best with them?
The Bandai model kits and the Figuarts tend to be around the same size. While it's not going to be exactly 100% in scale with your DBZ and /v/ shit, it's gonna be pretty much the same size, enough so that nothing will look out of place.
>Also, if i plan on buying the Kylo Ren figuarts somehow, would the figuarts scale be much better, or would say, the model kit be just the same?
Again, they should be the same size. I don't think they've actually shown the prototype for their Kylo Ren model kit, though, so who knows if it'll be better than the Figuarts. That being said, the plastic robes on the Figuarts are pretty love-it-or-hate-it, so you might want to weigh up your options (model kit, Figuarts, even the Black Series) before committing.
>If i go with the model mit, do i have to be... Good at making models? I made Rockman and did a shitty job. If i have to deal with nubs that i have to shave down, or anything like that, im avoiding it.
I wouldn't say you have to be GOOD at making models, just able to do the bare minimum. Get a sharp craft knife and shaving the nubs down isn't difficult at all. The Bandai kits require very little painting (usually just a few small details, and they supply decals for those if you don't want to deal with painting), and in the case of the Stormtroopers, they'll look fine without topcoating or anything because their armor is already shiny and plastic-y.

But yeah. In short, it depends on whether you want the riot gear enough to deal with assembling the model. Of course, the beauty of Stormtroopers is that if you want, you could just say "fuck it" and get them all.
>>
>>5354751
lol why would you give a fuck about phasma
>>
>>5355333

Why would anyone give a fuck about shadow troopers? They were never in anything.

Obviously because she looks cool.
>>
>>5354776
Yeah, no proof, I call this bullshit
>>
>>5354900

/threat
>>
Mafex is poor quality bait /sage

That's a #BTFO

You're triggered
>>
>>5355349
Yeah but at least shadow troopers were cool in books and video games. Phasma just ended up being a boring hostage who was shoved head first into a garbage chute.
>>
>>5355330
Cool, thanks for the info, will think about it
>>
>still doesn't have a window on the shield like the model kit
come on senpai
>>
>>5355235
>doesn't play with toys
>uncreative fag
>>
>>5354721
>August
honestly what is even the point?
>>
>>5356448

I wonder why Mafex figures are so far behind the properties too...

That fucking Iron Man Mk. 43 doesn't even come out until June and it has been up for preorder for months already.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.