[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I don't really browse /toy/ so I'll just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 20151222_231541.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151222_231541.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
Hey guys, I don't really browse /toy/ so I'll just delete my thread if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I want to take the Falcon out of the box, but I'm not quite sure if it may be worth something in the future.
Would any of you guys know if it's matters whether or not I take it out of it's box?
>>
IT'S NO LONGER A COLLECTIBLE!
>>
>>5353907
it's a toy. fucking play with it.
>>
>>5353914
>>5353915
Sorry, I didn't know.

And play with it how? I don't have any other ones besides that one, do you have any recommendations?
>>
>>5353916
>how do I play with a toy
>>
>>5353918
>I am no longer in my youth
Dude, I'm 19.
The last toy I remember playing with was a lightsaber. You don't need much imagination for that.
>>
>>5353907
It's not gonna be worth anything, so you might as well take it out.

M. Falcons are not exactly rare these days. And there are higher end versions than what you got there. So the likelihood that it'll be worth something in the far future is slim. Most likely, future man-children will just buy from the high end market rather than pay the same amount for a product that's not a perfect representation.
>>
>>5353907
General piece of /toy/ advice, unless it's from before the 90's, something that's actually really rare or will be in the future, or if you spent a shit ton on it and its value is guaranteed to increase, you should take it out of the box.

Toys do not appreciate in value, that's kinda a myth based on the collector boom during the late 80's. It's the same reason why comic books and video games these days aren't worth shit compared to what came out before then.

So yeah, if you bought it for yourself then you should take it out of the box.
>>
File: 20151223_031634.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151223_031634.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>5354002
>>5354014
After actually taking it out of the box and seeing the quality, its really only like 6/10 work.

Then again, I can't really judge quality because I don't know shit about this stuff.
>>
File: 20151223_031942.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151223_031942.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>5354021
It looked more detailed to me when it was inside the box still.
>>
>>5354021
>>5354024
that looks horrible. but it's hasbro, so I'm not at all surprised.
>>
>>5354027
So is calling it "Black Series" just an excuse to jack up the price?

I thought it was supposed to be some type of high-end stuff.
>>
>>5354021
>>5354024
Looks like shit.

For a small scale Falcon you'd be much better off with the X-Wing game miniature.
>>
>>5354033
Fuck. Is that a drawing, or is it really that much more detailed than mine?
>>
>>5354021
>>5354024
looks like a happy meal toy
what a piece of garbage
>>
>>5354027
>>5354033
>>5354037
O-Ok guys, I get it.
It was a bad buy.

Is there anything good that I could get from a ToysRUs or Target? Or are those not the right places to buy stuff.
>>
File: IMG_3079_zpsaa5da7a1.jpg (143 KB, 740x536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3079_zpsaa5da7a1.jpg
143 KB, 740x536
>>5354035
Naw, not a drawing. Just a little model / game piece with an acceptable paint job.

Unlike that 'black series' titanium piece of poop.
Who is that series aimed at?
Bit laughable that they're churning out shitty, zero effort products and attempting to flog them as 'premium'.
>>
>>5354040
Depends what you're after dude...

Some of the new Star Wars lego sets are lovely.
>>
>>5354042
Also, check out the Star Wars General thread.
>>
>>5354044
I work at toysrus; the Lego sets are fucking expensive.

>>5354042
Do they still make said game?
>>
>>5354047
Google.

But yes. Its by Fantasy Flight Games. Its very good.
>>
File: boxes.png (295 KB, 506x400) Image search: [Google]
boxes.png
295 KB, 506x400
>>5354052
Cool, I don't wanna buy the game, but I'll buy one of these.
>>
Also, I don't know if Hot Wheels is any good, but we have a bunch of these.

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=70865356&eESource=CA_DF:70865356:TRUS
>>
>>5354047
>I work at toysrus; the Lego sets are fucking expensive.
All Lego sets are expensive. Especially at TRU, where they mark prices up the ass.

Btw, hello, fellow TRU Warrior.

But yeah, that Lego, man. I should've saved myself some money and gotten addicted to heroin instead.
>>
>>5354063
Honestly there's nothing wrong with just collecting the X-Wing models, they'll look better than pretty much any "Official" toy and they're small enough for you to have tons on the shelf at once.

And yeah, calling those space ships "Black Series" is really just a markup tactic, though anything non-human/wearing armour from the Black Series are pretty good figures for the price.
>>
>>5353907
>but I'm not quite sure if it may be worth something in the future
Holy fuck kill yourself. No Star Wars toy will ever be worth anything in the future because retards like you who think it will. The only ones that do are the original Kenner ones.
>>
>>5353915
>play with statue shit

Retarded response here mate, its a diecast blob that sits on a stand, and the peg holes for the stands shatter easily, since I owned the original release.

>>5353907
If you WANT it to be worth anything the box needs to be mint, no scratches, creases, no bends AND the visible portions of the figure need to be top notch as well.

Next it needs to be in a place where it won't get damaged, by air, sun, water etc.

Finally, you'll need the whole set.

Now give it 30 years and you could make $10-20 on ebay, give it take, might find a jackass and get lucky, could find smart people who'd end up buying it for less than what you paid for it.

I keep mine in boxes just because they're easier to store, for the price they're worth I couldn't give a shit, I want my armada out of the box.

>>5354021
Its well detailed for its price range, but the falcon is one of the worse ones of the line, I personally loved the old tie fighter from the same line, the old ones had a clear cockpit window, new ones are just painted, and the paint apps on those range from godly to kindergarten skills.

>>5354042
What are these made of?

Seen them but their prices and size are a turn off.

I find $10aud for diecast with a semi decent paint job (well, some figures anyway) than $30 for a super star destroyer that looks like it could rot, though this is because I lack the gear needed to keep that shit around for years.

Meanwhile I dug up an old diecast y wing from the same line (well, the first release years ago), just looks a little battle damaged despite it being at the botton of a toy box with other diecast figures.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.