[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/toy/ Wiki?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: toy logo.png (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
toy logo.png
12 KB, 200x200
Greetings, fellow /toy/ soldiers.

So it occurred to me that what /toy/ could really do with is a wiki, like /tg/ has with 1d4chan. There's actually quite a lot of potential for material really- everything from buyfagging guides to info about different toylines to the usual snark and memes that makes this board great.

Would anyone else be up for helping with this endeavour? I sadly am not familiar at all with wiki formatting/coding/techy stuff so I'd definitely need a fair bit of assistance with this, although I'm a fairly competent writer so I could definitely help create content.

Anyone seriously interested in helping please assign yourself a name/trip for ease of communication.
>>
>>5348977
Good idea, but I have nothing to contribute.
>>
I'll help out with the wiki content, but know nothing of coding. I always thought 4chan would be a better place is every board had an informational sticky for newfriends like /lit/'s
>>
>>5348977
>>5348998
I can help with content as well, but I don't know anything about coding.
>>
File: YouKnoeWho.png (123 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
YouKnoeWho.png
123 KB, 300x300
>>5348995
This. I like the idea OP, but I don't have a lot to offer in terms of setting anything up.
>>
I look around my collection and see a lot of things anons may want to be informed of. But I don't know anything about website building.

This may also a long way toward the info source Third Party Transformers threads have been looking for.
>>
>>5349038
WikiAlpha
>>
>>5348977
Probably great for General copypasting, and the other culture stuff would be fun to look into as well.

I'll contribute to content but like others I don't have much else to give you except the entirety of the Hunger Games images.
>>
Didn't we have plans for a sticky a few months back?
>>
If anyone's interested, I started work on the wiki using Wikia. I'm not sure if it's the best place to create a wiki but it seems like the simplest- no coding knowledge is required to use it.

http://4chantoy.wikia.com/wiki//toy/pedia_Wikia
>>
Huh. Seems like the hyperlinks are playing up. I'm trying to insert a link to the page describing the board itself and it isn't working. Well that's annoying.
>>
File: 1154115.jpg (76 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1154115.jpg
76 KB, 300x300
>>5348977

/toy/ has already had a wiki.

Back in 2009. It lasted for about a year or two before dying because of no new contributions.

We also had a podcast too, again in 2009. It was awful due to the bad volume syncing and the random tangent discussion. But hey, they did have Vangelus on once.

Boy, 2009 was the year of Drossel, Shinkis, Revoltech, etc. Such a golden year for /toy/
>>
I know nothing about classic western toys and would read that HARD but it's all google-able to be honest.
>>
>>5348977
You can have comparisons of all the Iron Men and Evangelions.

>>5348998
Mods deleted our sticky.
>>
buyfag.moe
>>
File: toy logo.png (161 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
toy logo.png
161 KB, 600x600
>>5348977
Hey Squig. Here's a larger version of /toy/'s logo if you want it.
>>
Will there be dank articles like Tendies, Greg, and David Willis?
>>
I pray walky gets hit by a bus.

It's what he deserves, really.
>>
>>5351441
this
>>
>>5351441
Oh yes. Most definitely.
>>
>>5348977
Best info to include are toy lines, popular sites, easy joint fixes, pin vyse fixes, customizing techniques including recasting, and maybe a directory of popular franchises that have figures.

We almost had a sticky for something like this, but subjectanon ruined it because he's a faggot.
>>
>>5350242
>>5351441
Dude, we're starting to have threads about this kind of crap.

We shouldn't have pages dedicated to recognize, even if is to defame, these kind of behaviours or shit, so I think the owner of this should delete them on sight.
>>
>>5352062
>implying i was derailing the thread telling the mod to ban so-and-so and allow statueshit to be allowed, inviting a bunch of people to argue about shit
hahahah
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.