[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mezo is doing spock for the one:12 line.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 2203.jpg (173 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
2203.jpg
173 KB, 1500x1500
Mezo is doing spock for the one:12 line.
>>
File: 2206.jpg (231 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
2206.jpg
231 KB, 1500x1500
>>5345209
mezco*
>>
batman v superman one:12 when?
>>
Shit. I hope they make more. I have been itching for good 1:12 star trek toys.
>>
>>5345209
Well there go any fears I had about realistic faces in this line.

God fucking damn that looks good.
>>
Fascinating.
>>
File: valentineornot.jpg (59 KB, 393x500) Image search: [Google]
valentineornot.jpg
59 KB, 393x500
Call me back when I can get some of that sweet, sweet DeForest Kelley action.

Seriously, though, any plans for others, or is it "we'll see how well this one does" thing?
>>
>>5345278
Meanwhile, those clothes look like they're from a voodoo doll
>>
>>5345219
Since when do they do current stuff?
>>
>>5345209
Well that's spock on!!!!
>>
File: spock.jpg (34 KB, 353x417) Image search: [Google]
spock.jpg
34 KB, 353x417
Think I'll just stick with this guy.
>>
>>5345527
I need to get me one of those?

Do they have modern replicas, like by that one company that did the Batman and DC ones?

The new one cost about as much as a very beat up old Mego Batman I almost got.
>>
>>5345313
Might be a "We'll see", but i'll definitely be getting one and hoping for more in the future.

My life is incomplete until i have a 1/12 Sulu.
>>
>>5345209

So, did they photoshop him onto the base, or did they photoshop the emblem under him?
>>
>>5345569
I guess they photoshopped the base, and consequently him onto the base. Look as it has no shadow.
>>
>>5345540

Yeah, the one I posted is a reproduction, I got Kirk too. Can't find Spock by himself anymore but there is a bundle with Khan coming up soon.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC12399&mode=retail
>>
I'm impressed. I assume BBTS will be the place for this? I hope the price is reasonable...
>>
>>5345209
"Holy fuck" was my first impression when I saw the thumbnail

"HOLY FUCK" was my second impression when I expanded the image. Dark days are ahead for 3Anon and his one man quest to rid the world of competition...
>>
>>5345886
HAH just checked. Never mind!

>$70
>>
>>5345908
Forget 3A, if they keep improving geometrically with each release like this, by this time next year they'll be a viable alternative to Hot Toys.

Can't wait to see their Batman Vs Superman stuff now, Hot Toys really dropped the ball there (especially with Batman).
>>
>>5345886
>>5345910
All the One:12's have cost that much.
>>
Too bad the movie is so shitty it will kill the franchise.
>>
>>5345998
Were you born when Voyager was on the air? Star Trek has lived on despite some VERY motivated people who wished nothing more than to ruin it.
>>
>>5345998
Are you talking about Star Trek? Because there's a new series that was announced a month or two ago coming out in a year or two.
>>
>>5346005
>new series
>Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new Star Trek TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) with Roberto Orci, and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
>developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month
IT's gonna be shit and bomb.

Can't even imagine how shit the budget will be, considering its streaming only for a subsciprtion service. Fucking DS9 cost $2 million per episode and Enterprise was $3 million, and that was over a decade ago. Streaming services like netflix only give a budget of about 3 million per episde

shit is gonna be shit
>>
>>5346024
>The movie killed the franchise!
There's a new series coming out.
>B...But it's gonna suck, just wait!

Why are you so hopeful that Trek will die? Did Star Trek molest you when you were a child? Did your father leave you to write Garak/McCoy slashfic?
>>
>>5346040
JJ Abrams molested me as a kid, so i only wish for his version of ST to die.
It totally doesn't have anything to do with his movies being bad and the new one looking like 2F2F
>>
Fuck, this looks great. Now they only have to release a Kirk.
>>
>>5346004
The new movie makes voyager look like good trek, and it's not, boy is it not.

I don't want the franchise to die, but I want it in the hands of people that get it's philosophy, not just want to make money and crank out drama and action set in the jjverse.
>>
>>5346051
>implying the movies mattered to anyone

This isn't even a figure based on that version of Star Trek, this is ToS Spock, and that show will be relevant and popular amongst its fanbase forever. And said fanbase hated the new movies and nearly half of the series that have been done, but they still like the original one.
>>
>>5346112
Well, we have axanar at least.
>>
>>5346112
>I don't want the franchise to die, but I want it in the hands of people that get it's philosophy, not just want to make money and crank out drama and action set in the jjverse.

no! You will get get action-filled drama starring younger, arguably hotter people and you will like it!
>>
>>5346112
>The new movie makes voyager look like good trek, and it's not, boy is it not
I agree, but I still feel like Trek as a whole can overcome all of that due to its core strength. Or, at the very least, it will be able to ride its old archive of material for a very long time. Hopefully it can outlast the current trend and find a more graceful entry into the established good timeline, not the JJverse. But it should say something that a franchise can live on longer than Star Wars, with more movie/tv media content than Star Wars, and with 1/100000th the toy generating power of Star Wars. I have faith.
>>
>>5345967

They were generally $65.

Even on Mezco's website Spock is 5 bucks more than the others.
>>
>>5346112
We will never have that series promised after DS9 following Miles OBrien to earth to teach drama inducing elitists at star fleet academy.

>>5346213
Star Trek was mega popular in the 90s and had a ton of toys. The fact that the new Star Trek can't sell shit just shows it has no real staying power.
>>
>>5346122
no I won't, I liked the first two movies (aside from "it's star trek 2 guise!!! see?!?!?! kahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!11111!!!!!!!!") but this one looks more like something syfy would shit out to mockbust Guardians of the Galaxy, just needed to toss up keenser with a phaser rifle and bam, you have "Galaxy Security; Federation of Terror"
>>
Doesn't look anything like Xander, how do they expect this to sell to fans?
>>
>>5346055
They said they had a Kirk prototype as well as the Spock so I would expect to see more of him soon. They are killing it with this line.
>>
Well, looks better than their Flash, Superman and Space Ghost.
>>
>>5346658
Hopefully those will be improved upon.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 700x393
>they will never do all of the crew
>they will never do The new generation
>if they do they will never release all of the crew
y live
>>
>>5346671
I would love a Data and a Worf
>>
>>5345209
Did they give up on Flash and Superman?
>>
File: 91fSwMEysrL._SL1500_.jpg (310 KB, 1500x1009) Image search: [Google]
91fSwMEysrL._SL1500_.jpg
310 KB, 1500x1009
Mind if we turn this into a Star Trek general?

How's this model kit, especially for the price? Or do you just end up paying more for the fiber optic gimmick? How does it looke with other 1/2500 scale ships?
>>
>>5349221
You could just make your own thread for this, or i'm sure there is a more appropriate one anyway.
What _is_ the price?
>>
>>5348522
Hope so.

>>5346662
Doubt it.

>>5346658
Agreed.
>>
>>5349748
Didn't think it was worth it to make a new thread for one question. It's about 60 bucks on eBay.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.