[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: nogf.jpg (407 KB, 869x873) Image search: [Google]
nogf.jpg
407 KB, 869x873
From what I gather, /toy/ gets more of their western stuff locally or through Amazon/Ebay, while most of the japanese stuff comes from AmiAmi or HLJ, with Mandarake for out-of-print/hard to find things.

But what about the other less-known options?
Recently I found a site named Genteikits that seemed to focus on Japan-only deals (mostly P-Bandai, but also Figma, Figuarts, etc).

Or what about "mainstream" options, like japanese amazon, Rakuten?

>inb4 shill
>>
>>5345096
Go to MyFigureCollection
Find a toy you like
Click "buy"
Browse your options.
>>
>>5345096
Nippon Yasan is good for Web Exclusives.
Jungle-scs seems to be good, just bought a figure from them, they're kinda like Mandarake.
>>
>>5345096
is this some weak copypasta?
>>
>>5345287
>people asking for advice
>is it copypasta?
Never change, /toy/.
>>
>>5345160
Isn't Yasan more of procurer though?
>>
>>5345303
With trolls like peon/vlad/vince, and greg, and tibbers? yes I'd call copyasta.

They do this shit all the time.
>>
>>5345412
People shitpost and namedrop them more than they actually appear/post anyways.
>>
>>5345287
>>5345412

I actually find this useful and since the board has newcomers all the time, I'd say these threads are relevant since we don't have a sticky.
>>
>>5345662
Yeah, what's up with that? Did moot care so little about us?
>>
>>5345696
There was an attempt at making a sticky, but it fell through for some reason. I think all the threads that were about what content should go in them turned into shitposting, so the mods gave up or something
>>
Gundamstoreandmore

Something of a joke these days, considering they are out of stock for most new kits and update around three times a year. But if they do have something you’re interested in, it’s well worth buying from them since you can avoid international shipping. Also worth checking out for their weekly and monthly specials, which can be any number of things.

Hobbywave

Flat $12/$18 shipping fee and only for US/Canadian residents are all you need to know. Much better stock than GSAM (including tons of modeling supplies) and they actually update their website fairly often. Cheap prices too, though that’s offset by the shipping. They ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and allow you to add items to previous orders if they haven’t shipped yet.

Gundam Planet

Despite the name, they sell a ton of japanese toys. Their prices are pretty in line with Japan based companies. Shipping is either via USPS (pay by weight) or FedEx (pay by order value). Flat $9.99 for Fedex on orders less than $100, maximum of $18.95 charge for orders in excess of $300. Only thing to watch out for is that they will let you order backordered items currently, and they’ll hold your whole shipment until the backordered item is in (generally two weeks). They’ve got a pretty rad website design and open up their location on Fridays, Saturdays and restock days. Last time I went they had a few kits at reduced prices that they didn't put on the site because they came with damaged boxes from their shipment.

HobbySearch

Actually called 1999 in Japan (when you google hobby search, it pops up, it’s the right site). Being based in Japan gives them a massive advantage, the day a kit is released, it’s available for purchase and if you pre-ordered it, they’ll send you the bill. They have standard international shipping rates and the occasional sale on kits or shipping. I’ve had several good experiences with them and they respond well to emails.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.