[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Production for Toy Story 4 is under full swing. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 540x540
>"Production for Toy Story 4 is under full swing. The beloved Disney/Pixar story about talking toys is going to get philosophical in the sequel. Tom Hanks let it slip on the Graham Norton Show that Toy Story 4 will explore the deeper side of Buzz, Woody, and their colorful cohorts: "Ya know, i read the script, and it's unbelievable what they're doing in new one. We're going to get answers that we never knew we wanted, like why these toys are talking and moving about."

>Toy Story 4 will be hitting theaters on June 18, 2018."

Are you ready for Neon Genesis Toygelion?
>>
Weirdly enough, I had a strange idea for a new Toy Story-esque movie when looking at a bunch of cheap toys at an office store. I thought how all these toys existed as "filler" gifts, cheap things a grandma or aunt can give a kid if they don't really know what they like. Poor qualityRC cars, helicopters, and robots with the same sound effects as every generic sci-fi toy. These aren't destined to be loved toys, but just things that'll take up space until they're inevitably gotten rid of.

So I thought about what happens to all these toys, and how the living toys in Toy story would deal with such a fate. We came close with TS3, but that was averted, and the toys didn't see to be conscious of that sort of permanent end as a normal fact until they almost got incinerated. I had an idea where toys are very aware of the fact that they're destined to be mangled, separated, donated, or thrown away. They'd form a sort of spiritual belief around it, like a kind of reincarnaton. They would embrace the idea that, after playing a part in various lives, great or small, they'd eventually be recycled and reborn. a mantra for a /toy/ placed in a recycling bin would be that they shouldn't grieve, because they'd return as a water bottle that'd quench someone's thirst, or a computer that will enrich someone's life, or any other given uses.

The kicker would be that, of course, most toys don't get recycled, they just get dumped in the garbage and crushed or burned. This would be the equivalent to permanent death, or worse, and endless bout of suffering for whatever toy is subjected to it. At one point the characters would traverse a dump and here a bunch of screaming, immobile toys that have been smashed to bits and made part of the waste(not unlike the take on Hell from the movie What Dreams may come) .
>>
File: battlesaurs.jpg (49 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
battlesaurs.jpg
49 KB, 800x450
>>5338213
Fuck this, Battlesaurs cartoon toyline when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt9XgxM7zo
>>
>>5338270
Maybe, despite how dark it sounds I don't really think it'd be senselessly dark. More like black humor. If there's any lesson to get, it'd be to live in the here-and-now rather than dwell on bad outcomes.
>>
>>5338253
That sounds very similar to this one game /tg/ did. It involved toys that lived in a landfill with various factions and was pretty dark.
>>
This is nowhere on the internet except for 4chan. It's posted on /tv/, /co/, and now /toy/.

OP fancies himself a master ruseman, and he's trying to spam it in the hopes that it catches on before people figure it out.
>>
>>5338281
Honestly I'm not expecting a Toy Story 4 that's a total mindfuck. It's prob just gonna follow the toys again but with the girl Andy gave the toys to.
>>
>>5338259
holy shit they fucking hire studio trigger for that?
>>
>>5338253
You. I like the way you think.
>>
>>5338321
Yes, actually.
>>
>>5338213
As long as theres not a new black guy toy
>>
File: DSCF1496 - Copy (2).jpg (60 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1496 - Copy (2).jpg
60 KB, 400x500
>>5338259
[triggered]
>>
>>5343152
You do know franchise Disney also owns, right?
>>
>>5338253
Yeah, I like that, you also explore themes on how not everyone gets to be special and some folks get wrapped up in believing what the need to believe to get through the day. You could tread some real fucked up reality territory there,
>>
File: DSC00754 - Copy.jpg (154 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
DSC00754 - Copy.jpg
154 KB, 600x901
yfw this movie grosses [spoiler] ONE MILLION DOLLARS
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.