[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you start your toy collection? Do you buy modern toys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 223x226
How did you start your toy collection? Do you buy modern toys?
>>
Got hyped as fuck over Godzilla 2014 and found the 12" tall NECA figure and from then on I was hooked
>>
File: Beachhead 25.jpg (60 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
Beachhead 25.jpg
60 KB, 526x700
I always loved toys as a kid, and bought them into my teens. In my late teens and twenties, I decided I was too old and mature for toys, so I packed them away and focused on being old and mature. Then a few years ago, I was in a Toys R Us with my niece and nephew and I saw this 25th Anniversary Beachhead. I had to have it. Now I'm older and more mature and I buy toys without shame.
>>
>>5336007

My gf moved away last summer and I started filling the void with plastic. I have no idea how it happened, something just told me to drive to the comic shop and start buying Robot Spirits. Now I go for walks with my toys, cook meals with them on the table, talk to them, and carry them around in my front pocket. It's crazy cause just 6 months ago I was a totally normal guy.
>>
Nendoroids were a mistake.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n0v7lk4Uhw1rdicd6.png (292 KB, 490x385) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n0v7lk4Uhw1rdicd6.png
292 KB, 490x385
I just never stopped really. I fucking loved toys... I'm an artys faggot so people accept it as just a weirdo being eccentric.
>>
File: green then and now.jpg (921 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
green then and now.jpg
921 KB, 2560x1920
>>5336128
Same here. Though it gets near hoarding territory with my older stuff. I should probably throw a lot out, but I'm way too sentimental.
>>
I had been meaning to rewatch Saint Seiya for a couple of years and that got me into Myth Cloths. Then I saw the SHMA Millenium Goji at a comic shop and I was hooked into Monsterarts. Recently I've been getting into Robot Damashii due to G Gundam and Figuarts because of Star Wars.
>>
>>5336128
Pretty much this.

I'm mostly just a TMNT collector & there has virtually always been product around. I've followed its every show/comic/toyline/etc to date.

I have started a separate & considerably smaller Nintendo/anime collection, though, sparked by convention finds.
>>
>>5336077
Interestingly enough, that Beachhead was also my re-introduction to modern toys as an adult. It was a gift from somebody else, and it just got me into the downward spiral. I stopped at around 1999 and didn't begin again till 2012 when I got that joe as a gift. Now I'm at about $130/month in purchases split between domestics and imports but I'm sort of dialing it back.
>>
This board being created and seeing the stuff that was available at the time was what got me in. Since then I did get rid of most of my collection and used the funds to start over.

Modern toys..Sometimes, I find myself buying more old toys lately. When I do buy a modern toy it's usually from a small company or japan. I rarely look in toy stores anymore and I find the current offerings from the large US toy companies pretty underwhelming.
>>
I bought one shinki. Found /toy/ proceeded to buy 53 more shinkis and at lear 150 other mecha+girl related toys.

I'm drowning in shinkis and shinki lookalikes someone halp
>>
File: joker.jpg (66 KB, 581x800) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
66 KB, 581x800
This was my first figure and then I moved onto a Professor Layton revoltech and expanded from there
>>
>>5337266
gimme one
>>
>>5337266
Are you the one that makes the comics and has the big dollhouse for them?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.