[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I take a toy gun onto a plane if it is >a) Dismantled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: cob.png (97 KB, 693x720) Image search: [Google]
cob.png
97 KB, 693x720
Can I take a toy gun onto a plane if it is
>a) Dismantled and properly packed
>b)In my luggage and inaccessible until landing and disembarking
>>
>>5335558

What country? In the US you will probably get a TSA inspection letter in your bag. Tell them it is in there when you check your bag.
>>
>>5335558

If the toy gun is legal under the laws of the country the plane is flying under, then yes you can have it in your luggage. (Not carryon).

American passengers with some regularly bring firearms into Europe, not understanding that their permits are not valid outside of the U.S. They're allowed to bring them on board the plane (again, in luggage) and the TSA is, as far as I am aware, not allowed to remove them.

source: I work as airport security and often provide backup at customs
>>
>>5335558

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/buzz-lightyear-toy-looked-gun-crying-child-article-1.2442557

Good luck OP, hope you're not too attached to said toy. You "MIGHT" be ok if the item is mint sealed in box, but that doesn't sound like that's the case. TSA are retards, don't take chances.

That said, I would be interested in hearing what toy and why you're flying with this item. If you would like to elaborate.
>>
>>5335558
>>5335880

I forgot to say: Check laws on these toy guns at the destination country as well or customs will seize them and you are in trouble.
>>
>>5335882

That kid tried to take it with him on the plane, in the cabin. If he had put it in his luggage it would have been fine.
>>
>>5335896

Yeah, god forbid. This thing could've done some real damage.
>>
>>5335902

You might disagree but that doesn't mean you're not wrong. Read OP's post again. He already said he was putting his toy in his luggage.
>>
>>5335882
Well, that's just fucking great.
A quick google search gave me a rock in my stomach.
>>
>>5335911

Have you read the news article? Just put the thing in your luggage and you're fine as long as it is not illegal at your destination.
>>
>>5335911
>OP gets kill and makes news
This could be interesting
>>
>>5335902

How, by any stretch of the imagination, does that thing look in any way like a real gun?

>>5335908
>You might disagree but that doesn't mean you're not wrong.

He's quite right. Show me an instance where someone tried to use one of those to shoot up a school.

If some guy tried to use something like that to rob a bank, the only death that could possibly happen is him dying from the embarrassment.
>>
>>5335902
>This thing could've done some real damage.

Well yeah it could of. Just imagine the little brat waving that around on a plane.
>Swings it to one side and hit some poor bastard in the eye
>Swings it the other side and knocks shit out of the Stewardess' hands in to another passengers lap
>Kid throws a tantrum because he's a undisciplined little shit and starts smashing the gun on the seat in front of him, hitting another poor bastard in the head

Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic, but you're a whiny cunt.
A whiny cunt who'd probably complain if you saw a kid on a plane waving around a piece of string.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (257 KB, 1500x1167) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
257 KB, 1500x1167
>>5336405
>How, by any stretch of the imagination, does that thing look in any way like a real gun?
Yeah, but they could have hidden a real gun inside of it
>>
>>5337208
All dem bottles
All dose fluids
>>
File: n500739340e9c6_large.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
n500739340e9c6_large.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>>5335558
MOOOOOOOOOOOODS
MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
MOOOOOOOOOODS
TERRORIST DETECTED
TERORRIST FUCKING DETECTED
SEIZE
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.