[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 20151210_191111.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151210_191111.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What are some good 6-inch Batman figures I could get for my collection?
>>
Dark Knight Returns figure
>>
Mezco
>>
>>5330492
Only proper response to this thread.
>>
>>5330461
Mafex The Dark Knight
Mezco The Dark Knight Returns
DC Icons Batman

That's all of them.
>>
>>5330639
The series 3 DCSH Batman is also pretty danged good, functioning ankle tilts and everything. Kind of expensive, though.
>>
Let me rephrase the question: What 6-inch Batman figures could I get that are fairly cheap?
>>
>>5330639
>Mafex The Dark Knight
>movie design
>good
Shit taste, duder.

If you like B:TAS, you know what you need to get.
>>
File: Onarazumono.jpg (119 KB, 820x800) Image search: [Google]
Onarazumono.jpg
119 KB, 820x800
>>5331007
>limited shoulder articulation
>no ankle rockers
>heavy body, tiny feet
>>
>>5330461
DC ICONS Batmanlet
>>
Figuarts Batman is great (after you replace the cape).
>>
>>5331091
It has ankle rockers.
>>
>>5331172
does it come with a stand to compensate for the terrible weight distribution?
>>
File: akb.jpg (349 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
akb.jpg
349 KB, 800x1200
Arkham Knight Batman
>>
>>5331176
Yes. At least the single release does, not sure about the 2-pack. It's actually a pretty nice stand with character model designs at the base. The figures themselves can for the most part stand pretty well without it though, despite the tiny feet and larger upper bodies; I have had Robin in a ready-to-fight pose for the last few months and he hasn't toppled over once. Thus far, with the few weeks I've owned it, Batman has been the same.

Or is this the type of question that you're posing where no matter what I write as a response, it will be a landmine that will trigger you going deeper into a tirade against something that you likely don't even own but have a set opinion over?
>>
>>5331428
>i prefer the cartoon look

>_<
>>
>>5330492
This and NECA 89 batman... or the videogame counterpart.
>>
>all this shit taste saying dkr
did you guys even read the comic or did you just watch the shitty animation movies
because it's not that great
>>
>>5332107
Neither the comic nor the animation aren't shitty at all, you have shit taste for saying that.
>>
>>5332107
Hey anon, just wanted to tell you that I really loved TDKR, and that I also loved TDKSA, and that they were both great. Seems like you're incorrect.
>>
File: mezco batman expert sniper.jpg (21 KB, 800x423) Image search: [Google]
mezco batman expert sniper.jpg
21 KB, 800x423
>>5332152
>>5332118
That guy's just a butthurt Hot Toys rep who hates that people think Mezco made a better doll than we'd see from Hot Toys.
>>
>>5332152
>I also loved TDKSA
That's crossing the line
I was trolling about dkr being shit but really? TDKSA?
What do like about TDKSA there is NOTHING good about that story
Not even trying to start a fight I just want to know what makes a person say that
>>
>>5332107
Do you understand what historical context is? I remember getting the DKR issues individually as they came out, and it was making waves. And now DKR is seen as a pillar of influence in comic storytelling as well as a story that stands well on its own amongst a sea of spiritual successors. Putting anything through an incorrect historical viewpoint and judging it thusly makes you seem like exactly the type of ignoramus that you probably are in real life.
>>
>>5330461
I wouldve loved somemkre 6 inch batmen, but them FUCKING MATTEL CANCELLED DC UNIVERSE!!!!
>>
>>5332291
Eh...
around when superman comes along the story kinda goes to shit.
It's good for what it is but I won't say it's the best. The focus of batman coming back to life and fighting crime and taking back gotham is a great story but suddenly he has to defend a city after a nuclear missile strike goes off near america and have to fight superman? jesus chirst...The natural end of the story is when he defends the joker in my opinion and adding superman was too much.
My example why DKR isn't all that great is TDKSA where all the heroes gets involved and the story become a cluster fuck.
I think long halloween and year one has a better story than DKR, hell I think even Zero Year is better.
>>
File: review_icbats_1.jpg (78 KB, 600x743) Image search: [Google]
review_icbats_1.jpg
78 KB, 600x743
infinite crisis
>>
File: Trinity_Batman.jpg (45 KB, 478x800) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_Batman.jpg
45 KB, 478x800
trinity
>>
File: IMG_7888.jpg (527 KB, 1838x2479) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7888.jpg
527 KB, 1838x2479
batman inc
>>
>>5332181
>What do like about TDKSA there is NOTHING good about that story

9 page sex scene between Superman and Wonder Woman says there's something rad as fuck in that story
>>
>>5332529
it not done well in my opinion. The drawing is so lazy and rushed the wonder woman and superman sex panels are shitty.
>>
>>5332535
I just think it's kinda silly to get worked up over Batman comics when they're all silly in the first place. I don't see how DKSA is any more of a big deal to whine about than any other random Bat book. There's a lot of shitty boring Bat comics out there, not all of them can be as whacky and wild as DKSA.
>>
>>5332537
> I just think it's kinda silly to get worked up over Batman comics when they're all silly in the first place
That's your opinion man. You might think superman is silly but I don't think so, I don't think batman is silly either. Miller did amazing work with batman and made serious convincing stories with hear but he suddenly came out of no where with a sequel to dark knight returns that no one asked fo that is more random than anything out there with REALLY bad artwork. I like miller's work, I think he's an AMAZING artist and writer but my god...computer generated background for EVERY panel? That random joker character for no reason at all?
> There's a lot of shitty boring Bat comics out there
sure there is but there is also a lot of good one and miller wrote 2 of them. And majority of fans don't like these stories, I mean I'm sure there are people who like them for the camp factor like how people like batman 66 with adam west. But they like it because it's bad and I don't think miller was aiming for a "it's so bad it's good" story with DKSA because it has a serious tone and writing.
>not all of them can be as whacky and wild as DKSA.
Hey all I asked you why you liked it and you could give your reason and that's your reason and I'm fine with it. But your defend is weird and kinda fucked up. Like you are saying batman is silly so it's okay to be silly which is a bad counterargument in my opinion. Batman doesn't have to be silly and it's been not silly for a long time and writers and artist can actually try to make a great piece of art rather than make a whacky story that doesn't really make any sense. Did you read dark knight III issue 1? It's dark as hell and there is a reason for it because no one liked DKSA
>>
>>5332549
convincing stories with heart**
no one asked for***
And majority of fans don't like these shitty boring Bat stories**
Hey all I asked is why you liked it and give your reason and that's your reason and I'm fine with ti**
>>
>>5332107
I read and watched both. This guy >>5332291 is right.
Actually preferred the movie because the edgy inner monologue wasn't there and it was the thing making me groan like a motherfucker through the comic.
Comic's art is great, though.

Having said that, I liked Year One and Year One Hundred Bats better. I like Batman being sneaky and squishy but still brutal.

>>5332302
idunno, I liked the Superman part.
I felt it put things into perspective, like this whole "power of the people" thing Batman was building up during his return is then set up against an unstoppable force that has the law/morals on its side; you see that even in the face of a nuclear war and a fight to the death against his best friend he prefers to stand for people being able to speak for themselves and take a stand like he is doing.
Miller was just great at that, making significant conflicts that resonate with you and the story he is telling.

Thinking of it, maybe I should re-read Ronin.
It was the first thing I read from Miller, and I thought it was complete shit, but I got to love the guy after Martha Washington, Year One, and the Born Again arc.
Love War is weird, though the art was great.
>>
>>5332549
>I don't think batman is silly either
A man dressed as a bat in an eternal war with a clown is pretty silly

I'm a huge Bat fan, but there's no denying that the whole thing is inherently silly. It can be done seriously, sure, but it's still Batman being Batman, which, for all the darkness, is still pretty goofy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. People act like Batman 66 is only over with anyone because of ironic camp appreciation, but that show is a faithful and spot on representation of the character/world/mythos.

The great thing to me about Batman has always been that he's this grounded dark character, but in a universe of insane and silly things, making him just as ridiculous as his surroundings. I like all eras of Batmans publication history, so this isn't just a closed off look at the character through a specific lense, but one that I feel is pretty informed by all representations of the character over the last 75 years.

I read DKSA as a satire with bombastic art and happenings and would probably read it over DKR 4 out of 5 times. DKR is obviously better as a fully rounded out product, but I like the follow up for completely different reasons than the original and never considered any reason to compare the two. They're both just fun and exciting Batman books, which is all I really ask for. This current Snyder run is starting to wear thin on me because of how heavy handed and overly serious it is. Morrison did some of my favorite work on Batman, and despite how serious that takes itself, it's still undeniably silly. It's just goofy outlandish cape comics and I dig it. Same with DKSA.
>>
>>5332616
I mean if you like batman little bit silly I get it, it's your taste and I can respect that but I when you look at the reviews they speak for themselves when you compare (I know it's not fair but DKSA is a direct seque to DKRl) DKR and DKSA, DKR was received better.
I know people say the whole concept of batman is silly but a lot a famous novels are silly. Did you read metamorphosis by kafka? It's about a man who turns into a insect one morning and the story tackles so much ideas about society and what's is human worth and about respect etc etc. But overall it's about a man who wakes up one morning and became a bug, there is no explanation why he became a bug (unlike batman and superman) yet people enjoy the story a lot.
Same with batman, it's a silly idea. Fighting crime dress like a bat? Letting joker kill thousands because of his ideals and beliefs? Really bruce? He would do so much more if he was a governor and use his intellect and money to rebuild gotham from the ground up. BUT like the kafka story the premise of the story lets us forgive batman to be silly OR serious like year one or year zero. If you don't like serious batman I can understand you not liking zero year but for me I loved it, I thought it was batman done right giving him the right reasons to become batman without forcing it. Batman stories can make us think about the idea of justice, right or wrong, determination of human will and so much more using all these established characters like catwoman, joker, bane, clayface etc etc and tell endless stories about morality, doubt, love and like you said silly fun stories.

I personally feel DKSA was a waste not because I HATE all silly fun stories ( I watched ALL eps of 1966 batman and liked most of it) but I think miller is such a better writer and ARTIST and when seeing the potential he could have used to make DKSA a true sequel that follows the story of DKR it makes me kinda mad/disappointed.
>>
>>5332640
continued

I get it's a silly story but I don't think he should have done a silly batman in the DKR universe.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.