[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's ready for more playmates' shitty figures? ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: TMNT-2-Movie-20161.jpg (677 KB, 1008x912) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-2-Movie-20161.jpg
677 KB, 1008x912
who's ready for more playmates' shitty figures?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeaugHGd1Kw
>DAT BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY
>>
They gave Rocksteady a tank, I'm actually somewhat hype.

But yeah, Playmates is going to absolutely throw shit on the wall and call it a day with the toyline.
>>
>>5329032
>riding a tank
>in a flood
>chasing after amphibic reptiles...
FUCKING AWESOME
>>
File: 1444017690326.gif (3 MB, 420x237) Image search: [Google]
1444017690326.gif
3 MB, 420x237
>>5329027
Say what you want, while it's clear it won't be a good, thought-provoking movie, it looks like it'll be a fun movie directed at children. Much better than the Transformers series. It literally looks like a live action(ish, due to the CGI) cartoon. And you know what? I don't think that's half bad. Good on them.

Also, good on them for finalizing Shredder being an Asian dude, unlike whatever the fuck that fiasco was last movie, where that one guy was supposed to be Shredder, but was edited out of being him in the last minute.

But unfortunately, I doubt the toyline will be any better. But at least the foot soldier figures and the Shredder figures will look nicer.
>>
My brain just broke... please tell me people aren't going nuts over this.

Also Public...Ninjas... that are turtles. Hmmm.

I don't think this is salvageable.
>>
>>5329027
I'm totally down for more turtles movies, but I just can't stand these designs.

It's like watching a movie about shrek's cousins who fight crime.

They nailed beebop and rocksteady, but the turtles are still just so damn off.
>>
>>5329043
the first one was pretty shit too, but i enjoyed it for the turtles
i think this will be in the same vein, so i'll probably be watching this
>>
>>5329046
I'm hoping story wise it will be above 3 and goddamn next mutation or at least deviate from the Bay movie formula where the focus is wasted on the human character than 20 something minutes later the actual characters people want to see appear and some lame anticlimactic villain defeat.

Also I've been wanting a Rockstead and Bebop figure, what are some good ones before I settle for the Mix and Match for scaling reasons.
>>
Honestly this looks kinda fun.
>>
>>5329043
>Also Public...Ninjas... that are turtles. Hmmm.

Like the 84 cartoon?
>>
>>5329049
the best is probably the playmates classic ones
or wait and hope bandai will make figuarts after they're done with the classic turtles
>>
I turned the first one off after 5 minutes. TMNT got a couple decent movies during it;s time, so it doesn't bother me too much to see "HIP" and in your face reboots. Im just glad the other characters that mattered to me as a kid, Beast Wars, Sonic, Gargoyles, they've already been ruined by their follow up series. The cannon has fucked over their world more than a movie ever could.
>>
>>5329027
Now this makes me genuinely afraid the upcoming Platinum game will be about the movie.
>>
None of the figures from the last movie seemed very good. These designs need about ten times the paint aps their price point can afford.

Which is a shame, because I'd spend some good money on a Marvel Select-esque Bebop and/or Rocksteady.
>>
>>5329041
TF1 was a fun movie in its time. TF3 could've been as good too if they toned it down on the horrible human parts like the "Wang" character. It even had Neil Armstrong and Optimus Prime talking to each other.
>>
>>5329135
>Neil Armstrong and Optimus Prime

You mean Buzz Aldrin
>>
>>5329144
oh right.
>>
>>5329135
TF1 had too much human stuff though, needed more robot focus. One thing about Ninja Turtles is at least in that one, they're always first. The Autobots always feel like secondary characters.
>>
>>5329175
that's cause the TF movies are directed by bay but TMNT is just produced by him
>>
>>5329175

and we didn't even get anthony anderson in the sequels.... WTF?
>>
>>5329046
ugly designs appeal to mass audiences for some reason. I've heard people call ET cute, but his old wrinkly face says otherwise
>>
>>5329055
>implying the TMNT were the original neckbeard basement dwelling athiests
And the cartoon came out in 1987, you millennial
>>
>>5329043

You talk like a retard, go drown in a dogbowl
>>
>>5329081

Don't forget that Bebop and Rocksteady look huge in the movie, so they'll be super tiny as toys.
>>
>>5329027
>my name is casey jones, and you have failed these sewers!!!!

I want the figure of arrow jones to be good, at least the quality of the last movie's shredder.
>>
>>5329027
OHH MY DEAR GOD

ID ID NOT KNOW THE TRAILER DROPPED YET.

hoooo my god its so bad its great.

im going to love this in the worst of ways
>>
>>5329049
classic collection series bebop and rocksteady are pretty sick - though not show accurate by any means

im a huge fan of the original toylines wacky action bebop, easily had on ebay

sadly rocksteady got the short end of the stick in figures over the years
>>
>>5329363
untrue.

theyll be huge, theyll just be statueshit with 2 POA and 1 paint app...if were lucky
>>
File: tortugas-ninja-series-3.jpg (38 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
tortugas-ninja-series-3.jpg
38 KB, 600x340
>>5329043
Go watch the turtles forever movie.
>>
>April still Botoxface McBadactress

No thanks.
>>
>>5330018
Megan Fox doesn't have the watermelon tits you'd expect for April. She only works in Hollywood because she sucked Bay's cock, for real.
>>
>>5329570
best animated TMNT movie
too bad origin turtles only appeared for 10 minutes
>>
>>5329570
>>5330399
That movie insulted the '87 Turtles. I loved the whole thing, but I don't remember them being a bunch of crybabies. The part where they just flip around and throw stuff was gold, though.
>>
>>5330413
>That movie insulted the '87 Turtles. I loved the whole thing, but I don't remember them being a bunch of crybabies.
dude what the fuck
That movie basically told that "87 turtles are neverending adventure party dudes that cant be killed or caught because they are unstoppable cartoon characters"
>>
>>5330413
They were out of their element. The 80's turtles went with the flow of their universe but then they got ripped into a world where things ere less grounded and they couldn't succeed as easily, they had no idea how to react. The 2k3 Turtles were similarly made wusses when they saw the Mirage turtles, with Raph fanboying over them only to be considered a spaz by them.
>>
>>5330413
I'm just going to assume you weren't even born when the 80's turtle cartoon came out. As a kid who pretty much grew up with the turtles and watched the 80's toon religiously, they were pretty spot on. I hated the voices, but the characterization and how they reacted to being in a modern, more realistic environment was pretty much perfect.

But yea...the voices...fuck. They really couldn't get the original VA's to do the voicing?
>>
>>5330435

Good thing it's being done right in a coming episode of the Nick TMNT. They have all the original voice actors back (Rob Paulson being a given), as well as the voice actor for Krang reprising his role too.
>>
>>5330435
>But yea...the voices...fuck. They really couldn't get the original VA's to do the voicing?

Nope, remember it was 4kids. They don't do union VAs and there budget is dirt cheap. Rob Paulson or Cam Clarke alone probably cost them as much as it would to use half their stable of VAs.

My favorite stupid criticism of the 80's turtles in that movie is that their world was "too silly" . I mean really? Yeah there were a handful of more serious moments, but the show always had a surrealistic tone that was very intentional. I really liked how they have the "First we gotta save April!" gag. Like its a daily routine for them.
>>
>>5329570
Will a new Turtles Forever ever be made, with the Nick TMNT tagging along?
>>
>>5329554
>untrue
do you even playmates

nothing is in scale
>>
File: 1426774187332.jpg (28 KB, 236x283) Image search: [Google]
1426774187332.jpg
28 KB, 236x283
>>5329357
>that file name
>>
God I still can't get over how ugly they are after all these years.
>>
The focus on Megan Fox's shitty character and acting ruined the first movie for me.

I hated how the turtles looked, but they acted right at least. But they were only like 1/3rd of the film.
>>
>>5329027
There's just too much going on going on here.
>dimension X
>R & B
>Shredder? and Kairai
>Casey Jones
>>
>>5332128
I kinda liked Raph and Donny's designs. Mikey and Leo are a bit too plain in both face and body.

What I liked about in the first movie was that it had more screentime than the autobots in their fourth movie.
>>
>>5332122
Well they are mutated turtles. What you expect, mini Gameras?
>>
>>5332128

They were too one dimensional for me. Ralph had to be only badassand hotheaded, donny had to only be nerdy, mikey only ever joked. The turtles were extreme versions of themselves.
>>
>>5332130
still more cohesive, and fun, than any marvel or dc garbage
>>
Is megabloks gonna make toys of this or just focus on G1?
>>
>>5330477
characters like dogpound and snakeweed have shown me they dont mind making figures big and tall, but you'll lose all paint apps and articulation to do so
>>
>>5332948

i noticed this too and it bugged the shit out of me. everything else im able to accept (unique story, unique designs, i accept that we cant get the same thing over and over so we'll keep seeing "new" stuff), but the character personalities being SO painfully one dimensional was bad, not sure if thats directing or writing thats the problem (both?)

in specific, i remember noticing halfway through the movie every time mikey opened his mouth, he was making a joke/being comic relief

Once i realized that it became obvious for each turtle. I -really- hope that work on that in this next film
>>
>>5329027
The fuck does it say on the truck? tartaruga?
>>
>>5333045
Bazinga! I just love tmnt its so 80s and nerdy! :^)
>>
>>5332130
Maybe with all of that going on, there will be less time for Megan Fox to eat up screen time.
>>
>>5329027
>Ninja is wearing a protective gear for welding
>Lights from a truck blind him
What?
>>
>>5333045
Tartaruga is Portuguese and Galician for turtle.
>>
File: 1400001861133.gif (2 MB, 620x341) Image search: [Google]
1400001861133.gif
2 MB, 620x341
>>5333049
Nah, if you've seen Age of Extinction's three plots smooshed together in a three hour long film, you'd know how they'd probably sneak her in all those. Still, TMNT's only touched by Bay through producer. Writing and directing's different but below mediocrity nontheless.
>>
>>5333049
nah, she and casey jones are a romantic plot for normies to eat up
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.