[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you think eventually won the war, /toy/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12
File: Turbine-X.jpg (2 MB, 2152x2628) Image search: [Google]
Turbine-X.jpg
2 MB, 2152x2628
Who do you think eventually won the war, /toy/?
>>
File: Alcazar.jpg (3 MB, 2192x2624) Image search: [Google]
Alcazar.jpg
3 MB, 2192x2624
>>5327151
>>
File: Spybase 7.jpg (3 MB, 2184x2616) Image search: [Google]
Spybase 7.jpg
3 MB, 2184x2616
>>5327155
>>
File: Exterminate-5.jpg (2 MB, 2208x2672) Image search: [Google]
Exterminate-5.jpg
2 MB, 2208x2672
>>5327161
>>
File: Klashinator.jpg (3 MB, 2184x2648) Image search: [Google]
Klashinator.jpg
3 MB, 2184x2648
>>5327163
It's a shame we'll never actually know who won.
>>
I don't remember comics. Was this something that came with one of the big sets?
>>
File: zbots mini z's.jpg (3 MB, 2455x3060) Image search: [Google]
zbots mini z's.jpg
3 MB, 2455x3060
>>5327764
The comics above were on the back of the Zbots Mini Z's packages. It's pretty much all the story there was for them. I scanned these myself and they are probably one of the highest res you will ever find online.
>>
>>5327916
Did you put them on some Zbots online database or something? Discovering shit like this is always a good moment in toy collecting.
>>
>>5327916
How can you even tell which side any of them are on?
>>
>>5327941
>he can't see the differences
Dude, just look closely. You really don't see it yet?
>>
>>5327976
I'm not talking about the symbols they put next to their names, I mean if you pick two of those guys up from a toy box, how will you know which side they were on just from looking at them?
>>
File: Deecoy.jpg (7 KB, 170x190) Image search: [Google]
Deecoy.jpg
7 KB, 170x190
>>5327988
Each little robot had either a Z or a V somewhere on their body. It isn't shown on the packaging because those were stock image factory prototypes. In fact, the Exterminate-5 didn't even look like in the image when it was released to the public. In this image, however, you can see this robot has a Z and is thus a good guy.

>>5327155
Also, anyone else notice that the artist fucked up and made Prizzner and Warden switch their roles?

>>5327930
I have not, but I would not be averse if someone else did. These toys are 20 years old, this packaging doesn't exist anymore. Enjoy it while you can.
>>
>>5327988
The regular sized figures all had a little tampo showing their allegiance.
I think you had to use the packages as a key for the little guys.
>>
>>5327988
Yeah, I know dude. It's not the symbols next to their names. It's right there, though.

>>5327916
>Z-Bots - robots designed to defend!
>Voids - robots designed to menace!
I'm kind of wondering why someone would design a group of robots made to menace in the first place...? Like did they not see how that could be a mistake?
>>
>>5328006
Ah. But there's where the lore gets tricky. There's several versions of the origins of the Z-bots, but it's never specified what version is canon.

Ver 1 has the Z-bots as the creations of an Arthur Zedd (Get it? ZED-bots?) and that he made them to defend Earth. But a rival corporation stole his designs and made evil copies called Voids to do evil, for whatever reason.

Ver 2 has all the Z-bots being created to protect humanity but a computer virus turns half of them evil, and the Voids somehow manage to overthrow Earth while humanity escapes to Mars and the Z-bots retreat to the moon. The Z-bots are then deadlocked in a permanent battle to retake Earth for the humans.
>>
>>5328022
The virus story sounds much more interesting, and would be a good way to explain turncoats, like the Void in Turbine-X seems to be (seriously, he's named D-fektor).
>>
File: zbots s1.jpg (2 MB, 2169x2463) Image search: [Google]
zbots s1.jpg
2 MB, 2169x2463
Just made a few more scans just for my own personal backup checklist. Wish my scanner was more sharp but oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Here's the original s1 bot checklist with original story (Zedd wasn't added as their creator until later in the production run.)
>>
File: Zbots S2.jpg (2 MB, 2169x2458) Image search: [Google]
Zbots S2.jpg
2 MB, 2169x2458
Here's series 2. Note how Tido and Schleppy are different sculpts, you can thank a threatening letter from George Talent-less Hack Lucas for that, because he felt they originally were ripping off R2D2.
>>
File: linkbots s1.jpg (3 MB, 2172x2455) Image search: [Google]
linkbots s1.jpg
3 MB, 2172x2455
Here's series 1 Linkbots. Gotta love the stock photographers who had Sco's head backwards... Also LOL at Win.
>>
File: Combots.jpg (2 MB, 2143x2467) Image search: [Google]
Combots.jpg
2 MB, 2143x2467
And here's the last one, the Combots. Out of all the Z-bots I own I'm proudest to say I have all of these guys. Too bad Galoob overlooked the fact that the driver of the Desert Snake was never actually given a name.
>>
File: childhood toys.jpg (115 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
childhood toys.jpg
115 KB, 800x430
>>5328001
>Each little robot had either a Z or a V somewhere on their body.

Some of them doesn't have a letter. The only one I own is Mentor, and he doesn't have a Z anywhere.
>>
>>5328261
Right. Some of the gen1-2 bots weren't given an insignia, those ones you actually DID have to have the package or checklist to know their faction. Strange omission considering the whole toyline was based on warring factions.
>>
>>5327151
Z-bots were some of my favorite toys as a child. So we're the 3.75" Joes, the ones whose thumbs would always snap off when you put weapons in their hands.
>>
>>5328261
>>5328623
I had the same childhood toys as you guys.
I loved that raptor's chomping action! NOM NOM NOM
>>
I'm amazed that Z-Bots hasn't been revived yet, come to think of it, Galoob was bought out by Hasbro right, now I'm imagining them showing up in something Transformers related(like how both Go-Bots and Robotix are canonically alternate Transformers universes)
>>
>>5331144
A short-lived spiritual successor to Z-bots appeared some time ago called Androidz. Even the basic premise was the same with 2 factions of bots, one to protect humanity and the other to fight it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.