[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would your dream local hobby shop look like? as far as look,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hobbyshopkits.jpg (52 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hobbyshopkits.jpg
52 KB, 400x300
what would your dream local hobby shop look like? as far as look, items, customer service ect
>>
>>5326283
Have all the toys i want, and not just old shit only plebs dont have.
>>
>>5326289
like what?
>>
>>5326301
Rise of cobra figures, toybiz xmen toys no one wants, overpriced vintage he man toys, basically bottom of the barrel bullshit.
>>
I talking space opera here! You know uhh Major Matt Mason! Kenner 12" Alien! VINTAGE SPACE OPERA TOYS! Yeah baby haha! JUMBO MACHINDER CHOGOKIN SUPER ROBOTO MAJINGER ZETO! I'm just doing my part to contribute to the dialog of toy collecting here!
>>
Hey guys I just stopped over at my local arts and crafts store and nabbed me a TIE Interceptor and two Royal Guard action figures from the hit film Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi as well as a Sandworm from David Lynch's classic Dune! I'm always on the lookout for science fantasy dolls and figures!
>>
>>5326283
A store that stocks Figmas and Figuarts for non rape prices.
>>
>>5326283
AmiAmi/NY item choice
AmiAmi prices
BBTS/TFSource customer service
Don't care about the look.
>>
Doesn't matter what they stock. The look doesn't matter, nor does the customer service. I just want to go to a LSC/Hobby shop and not go "I can get this cheaper online"
>>
>>5327309
pretty much this. Give me this and the look could be a singular room with a chute out of the wall that i yell what I want into, leave money in the bottom, and what i want just pops out and i leave for all I care

>actually minimal interaction would be awesome
>>
>>5326310
So not DFW Vintage Toys?

Did I guess it?
>>
>>5326283
>what would your dream local hobby shop look like?
My local hobby store + AmiAmi prices + the side of the store sweaty fatties play MTG in filled in with cement.
>>
File: z9J3HKu.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
z9J3HKu.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>5326283
It would be a LARGE store of epic proportions!

I'm calling it "Muh Play World"
It would be full of dolls, plush, replica Muppets that work.

It would have toys from the 80s and 90s. Toys from 80s/ 90s tv shows and movies I used to enjoy. At fair prices spread out around the store as fare as the eye can see.

Also it would have a sexy lewd / nude / half dressed anime figures section. Maybe in a private room with a cute young girl in pigtals working the register called The Boom Boom Room! The girl would have a script and would have to giggle a lot and act dopy.

It would also have Tall life sized statues of Disney and 90s tv cartoons characters instead of large Super hero states (FOR ONCE) like a life sized Pee-wee Herman, Slave Liea, or Killer Klown from outer Space.

It would have a wonderful, wonderful billboard
reaching as far as the eye can see that would read "Normies Not Welcome"

My god it would be beautiful.
>>
>>5328610
I don't know whether to call you autistic or praise your vision. It sounds crazy, and yet...
>>
>>5326283

it would be as big as a high-rise and all the isles would form a labyrinthian maze
each level would be organized according to decade and color coded and in alphabetical order
the shelves would reach the ceiling and require mechanized sliding platforms to reach the top
one of the floors would be a gigantic human crane game
on every floor there would be a seafood restaurant that you could call in orders to and they would hand deliver to you through an intricate network of secret tunnels
>>
i just dont want to hear 2 guys in their late 30s arguing about whatever new remake thats coming out and how its a travesty to the original

goes for both comic book and figure/toy stores
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.