[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a cheaper alternative to schleich? I was going to purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1323600054690.jpg (67 KB, 492x460) Image search: [Google]
1323600054690.jpg
67 KB, 492x460
Is there a cheaper alternative to schleich? I was going to purchase a horse barn for a christmas present but it was going to be $250+. For some painted plastic that probably cost $10 to make. That company must have some incredible profit margins.
>>
Playmobil?
>>
>>5323480
Schleich are pretty good quality compared to other figures in the same range.
As a kid getting a Schleich figure was, just like a Steiff stuffed toy, something special.
I'm German though, so I might be biased.

Of course there are cheaper alternatives, you are just trying to get animal figures/a horse barn. Just shop around, there is no special company for that.
>>
>>5323480

http://123designs.biz/blog/?p=70
>>
>>5323480
Schleigh has a couple similar brands I can think of. One I see often is Battat. The other I see often is Papo. All highly detailed molds with decently detailed paint, gonna have to get lucky with no QC errors, like any toy of that type. Most aren't articulated, some have a few moving points, like dino jaws.
>>
>>5323991
Is it Battat or Tera? Can't even tell now.
Also, I THINK those other brands are cheaper than Schleich.. I think they are because they're slightly less quality.
>>
>>5323480
literally anything at the dollar store. TRU has an amazing like of KO animal planet sets that use molds from other lines, including(i think) jurassic park.
>>
Breyer does pretty cheap 1/12 horses. Their cheapest stable is 24 pounds and their figure sets are 10-20 pounds.

Also check out scalefarm.com
>>
>>5324014
Seconding Breyer. I had a ton of these as a kid and they're extremely nice. Mostly horses but they have other animals too, I had a mountain lion that was fucking great. They have larger and smaller lines too, and have detailed leather tack and accessories for some of them.
>>
>>5323991
>>5323994
Papo I think is slightly nicer and pricier actually. At least their dinosaurs tend to be.
>>
>>5323480
CollectA is a high quality brand around the same price. It's hard to find animal figures cheaper than Schleich that are good quality.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.