[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This still fucking haunts me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: pokeball-recall.jpg (19 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
pokeball-recall.jpg
19 KB, 550x309
This still fucking haunts me.
>>
File: brah.png (33 KB, 594x366) Image search: [Google]
brah.png
33 KB, 594x366
swing loooww sweeet chaaaariooot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqy8cC72wA
>>
Got a sandslash
>>
I won a contest and got every one of the BK toys back then.
>>
The best pokeballs. Fucking idiot parents.
>>
>>5321383
It was one of the Hasbro Pokeballs that a baby choked on. Burger King ditched theirs just as a precaution. And it was a baby even though the toys were for ages 4 and up. It was the parents' fault.
>>
>>5321383

You didn't have to give them back. I didn't, not even for a free small fry.
>>
File: pokeball_bk.jpg (3 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
pokeball_bk.jpg
3 MB, 4288x2848
>>5321383
Nah, these were. Underdetailed front button and tripod feet aside, these were crazy cool and felt like real Pokeballs. Can't believe they were only $5 a pop"with goldplated cards!"
>>
>>5321293
I still have all mine. I painted the line around the middle black like the show.

I smother babies with them sometimes.
>>
I think the last time I ate Burger King was when these were out and I kind of want some now.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>5321414
The chrome always made me nervous and you couldn't throw those. But I'll admit the slow open after pressing the button was great
>>
>>5321293
I remember these. I had the light up Raichu one and my brother got an Oddish plush
>>
>>5321293
>>5321383
>>5321391
wait, what? What is this?

I thought they were great, there was some sort of recall for them and you HAD TO FUCKING GIVE THEM BACK???

I never did. Still have a ton in my "old toys" box somewhere in my parents' attic. I loved how if you threw 'em really hard, they'd pop open.
>>
>>5321470
for each half, you'd get a free small fries, if you returned them.
>>
>>5321414
i sanded the legs off mine. unfortunately, that left holes on the bottom where the legs were, but it only made it feel authentic
>>
I remember when I got one of these and got Gengar. It was pretty awesome as the light up ones were less rare. This probably was the best set of fast food toys ever made if only for how fucking many there were in so many different styles.
>>
>>5321563
I got the Mewtwo and he came in a different thing, like a stasis chamber or something. It was pretty rad. I did return one of the Pokeballs for a small fry, though.
>>
>>5321293
You almost suffocated on these?
>>
>>5321414
I need to buy some of the cards again for these beauties. Better than the treasure they held.
But I played with all of mine like a dumb kid and the chrome is all chipped.
>>
File: Jakks pokeball.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Jakks pokeball.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>5321414
I actually think these wear the best.
>>
>>5325586
these are great balls, but not functional balls
>>
Why did pokemon not take over those quarter machines?

Think about it. the only toys we ever got of pokemon were small little unarticulated pvc figures.

they could have created a 2 piece "pokeball" container, stuck a penny worth of a cheap plastic pvc pokemon in there (not even same quality as whawt was sold as "toys" in the stores) and bam. "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" would have had kids spending a bare minimum of 151 * .25 = 37.75 in quarter machines, and thats assuming you have a perfect run and get exactly one of everything every time

then we would have gotten awesome pokeballs
>>
>>5325652
Looks like a lot more than just Great Balls
>>
>>5326428
Nice!
>>
>>5325728
>Why did pokemon not take over those quarter machines?
Did... did you not have them? I mean they were 99% definitely bootlegs, but they had a machine of these in nearly every store near me circa 99/00. Mine got sold a long time ago at a garage sale but they were obviously trying to be like the small keychain ones and I definitely had a Pikachu and a Jigglypuff at the least.
>>
>>5326428
Go the fuck back to where you came from
>>
File: 1449633777281.jpg (368 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1449633777281.jpg
368 KB, 840x700
>>5321293
I didn't know anything went wrong with them.
My lil sis and I left the states in 1999 and each had one on our duffle bags. I was pretty bummed when mine came apart and didn't notice the top half had disappeared.
My gameboy colour was stolen on one of those flights too... *sob*
>>
>>5325728
had a machine in a pizza joint near me that had gashapons where the plastic around the crease was decorated to look like the pokeball button and gave some pokemon from the first 150
but this was around 2010, so it could be a knockoff or something IDFK
>>
>>5326428
i like you
>>
>>5325652
You can actually catch pokemon with the other ones? Amazing!
>>
File: 1429570739546.jpg (177 KB, 722x1280) Image search: [Google]
1429570739546.jpg
177 KB, 722x1280
Wait, am I the only one who remembers those pokeballs with the elastic band at the end of them that you could throw at pokemon figures and catch them?

Not the new Poke BALL Throw bullshit in which you can only release the pokemon. The one I am talking about had a trigger inside, you would have to throw it opened up and hope the pokemon to trigger the mechanism and close up as it returned to your hand.

Was my childhood just a dream?
>>
>>5334171
No Anon, you're not imagining things.

I have one in my Pokemon childhood toybox somewhere, was a Japanese import that came with an Ivysaur figure. I go back to my parents' house on Friday so I'll post a pic if I can find it.

There was an American version too. I still remember the commercials for it.
>>
>>5334181

It was a Master Ball, right? Your description sounds spot on. I bought mine about 17 years ago at a local Swap Meet in Cali.
>>
>>5334171
isn't that a japanese thing? I had one, you used it to catch the official pokemon mini figs
>>
>>5334171
I had one that came with an Eevee and a pin. The ball was on a cord though. I'll try to find it
>>
>>5334189
Yes! It was indeed a Master Ball.
>>
Man, BK's original Pokemon promotions are so nostalgic to me. They were really killing it back then, I used so much of their stuff with my Tomy figures. I loved that Koffing top in particular. I fondly remember a Tentacruel squirt toy as well.
>>
>>5334189
>>5337043
I have it, it has no trigger. It's just a capsule that breaks in two halves.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.